About This Listing
The Swedish Room at Brewhouse Mountain Eco-Inn has a double bed which sleeps up to two people. Towels and linens are provided. You may book the Swedish Room for $139 per night. By booking the Swedish Room, you will also have access to all the other amenities of the inn; Two full bathrooms, two large common rooms, a full kitchen, the side porch and outdoor patio. For more privacy and for larger groups, you may book the entire inn for $469 per night. The inn has five double beds. We also have six sofas which can serve as beds in a pinch. More information on the inn and surrounding area is provided below.
Looking for a truly unique experience in beautiful south-central Pennsylvania? A nature-lovers paradise awaits you at the Brewhouse Mountain Eco-Inn. Located on 4 acres of mixed hardwood forest in the Conewago Mountains, the Brewhouse Mountain Eco-Inn has a friendly, romantic, eccentric yet laid-back atmosphere in a relaxed, natural setting where you can really get away from it all. From mid-June to mid-July, our gardens are filled with over 400 varieties of daylilies; one of the largest daylily collections on the East Coast. Oaks, hemlocks, beeches, poplars, ferns, hostas, rhododendron, azaleas, raspberries, blueberries and perennial flowers abound. Your host, Jeff Lebo, has been a collector of antique and vintage brewery advertising for 35 years. Nearly every inch of wall space is filled with vintage beer cans from around the world, antique bottles, lithos, neons, porcelain signs and every imaginable type of breweriana from days gone by. The collection is the largest of its kind in the world, and has been featured in many magazines and television shows, including the History Channel, the Travel Channel and the Home and Garden Channel.
Stroll through our grounds, curl up with a book or sip an ice-cold drink on the porch. Listen to the symphony of nature; pileated woodpeckers, hawks, songbirds, cicadas, tree frogs and owls. In the winter, warm yourself in front of the wood stove in our cozy, rustic lounge. We're just one hour north of Baltimore, 1 1/2 hours west of Philadelphia, and 3 hours southwest of New York City. We are located midway between Harrisburg and York, just one mile from Interstate 83 and 7 miles south of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Route 76).
We offer five private bedrooms, each with a double bed. Each room is priced at $139 per night, single or double. For more privacy or for larger groups, you may choose to rent the entire inn for $469 per night. [To book the entire inn, go to our other listing: "Brewhouse Mountain Eco-Inn (entire)".] Included in your room rate is the use of our facilities: two bathrooms (one upstairs, one downstairs, each with a toilet, tub and shower), a large (16' x 50') upstairs lounge with board games, sofas and chairs, a large (18' x 36') downstairs common room with a small library, four sofas, wood stove and dining table that seats ten, and a large kitchen with a table that seats six, refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven and dishwasher. Outside we have a side porch with a glider and rocking chair, as well as a patio with a dining table that seats four. We use green, eco-friendly and locally-made products in our facility. There is plenty of free parking. Need a place for your event? Our upstairs lounge can accomodate groups of up to 25.
There are lots of things to do here! We are conveniently located just minutes from many local attractions:
We are just 12 minutes from Roundtop Mountain Resort where you'll enjoy great skiing in the winter. In the summer, the adventure continues, with ziplines, OGO balls, chairlift rides, bumper boats, the canopy crawl, paintball and more. Roundtop boasts the best variety of ziplines in the mid-Atlantic region.
We're also just 10 minutes from the beautiful Gifford Pinchot State Park, with miles of trails for birdwatching and hiking, and a large lake for fishing, swimming, canoeing and kayaking.
Speaking of fishing, canoeing and kayaking, we are within 10 minutes of five amazingly beautiful waterways: the Susquehanna River, Conewago Creek, Yellow Breeches Creek, Bennett Run and the Conodoguinet Creek. We have kayaks available for rental. You may also arrange for us to take you on a kayaking excursion or guided hike. Half-day trips start at just $75/person for groups of six or more. Call or email us for rates and reservations for your group. For the truly adventurous paddler, many other rivers and streams are nearby, including the incredible Muddy Creek Gorge, Swatara Creek, Bermudian Creek, Juniata River, Donegal Creek, Chickies Creek, Sherman Creek, Tuscarora Creek, Pequea Creek, Conestoga Creek, Mill Creek and Codorus Creek. On the Susquehanna River, just five minutes away, paddlers can explore many of the islands which were once inhabited by the Susquehanna indians including Little Stony Island, Sassafras Island, Hill Island, Poplar Island, Henry Island, Goosehorn Island, Kohr Island, Beech Island, Shelley Island and Bashore Island. The largest rookery on the Susquehanna is also nearby. Here you can often see thousands of nesting blue herons, egrets, green herons and cormorants.
Recreational boaters, waterskiers and jet-skiers will be happy to know that the marina and boat ramp at Goldsboro is just eight minutes away. We are also close to the world-famous Appalachian Trail, for those looking to get off the beaten path. Mountain bikers and cyclists will love our nearby rail-trails and scenic, back-country roads. For golfers, Valley Green Golf Course, an 18-hole public golf course, is just five minutes away. There are also several other public golf courses within a 15 minute radius.
For motorsports fans, the Susquehanna Speedway dirt track is just two miles away. Susquehanna Speedway operates mostly in the summer months and depending on the wind, it can be quite loud here at Brewhouse Mountain. You may want to check their racing schedule before booking. There is also a Saturday and Sunday morning flea market and farmers market across the road from Susquehanna Speedway.
We are just 15 minutes from the city of York, which was the country's first capital. York also has good restaurants and a charming farmers market, which is open Thursdays and Saturdays. We're also just 12 minutes from Pennsylvania's capital city of Harrisburg, with wonderful nightlife, live music, a variety of great restaurants, its famous Capital rotunda and its world class Civil War Museum. Don't forget the dive bar tour of York Haven, as well as tours of local wineries.
We're just 30 minutes to Hershey and Hersheypark, 30 minutes to Carlisle with its famous auto show, 45 minutes to Lancaster County's Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish country, and 45 minutes to the Gettysburg Civil War Battlefield.
The Brewhouse Mountain Eco-Inn truly offers something for everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Brewhouse Mountain House Rules
1. Make yourself at home, have fun and enjoy your stay! Please treat our home with the same kindness, care and respect with which you would treat your own home.
2. No smoking anywhere in the house. If you must smoke please do so outside on one of the porches. Please put cigarette butts in the metal buckets on the porch, (not thrown into the woods, onto the ground or into a trash can where they can catch fire). This collection represents 35+ years of effort; Nobody wants to see it burn.
3. We care about your comfort and safety. Smoke detectors are located throughout the house. Please do not disable them. In case of emergency, five fire extinguishers are located throughout the house: In the kitchen above the sink, two in the downstairs common room (next to the big antique radio and by the wood stove), in the hallway at the top of the steps, and in the upstairs common room outside the bathroom. Fire extinguishers should only be used in case of emergency.
4. We seek to be an eco-friendly place. Please turn off lights and air conditioners when not using a room. In winter, thermostat is set at 68. In winter, firewood is provided for your use. Please don’t leave the fire unattended. Close the doors on the wood stove when leaving the room.
5. Being in the woods, we do have a lot of bugs and critters that would love to come in. We’d all prefer that they stay outside. For this reason, please keep downstairs doors and windows closed. Upstairs windows have screens, so may be kept open when air conditioner is not running. If air conditioner is on in your room, turn off the window exhaust fans and keep your door closed for more efficient cooling.
6. Check-in is any time after 2:00 PM. Check out is by 12:00 noon.
7. Dishes, pots and pans, silverware, glasses, etc. are provided in the kitchen for your use. If you use them please wash them after you’re finished. Please separate your trash and recyclables in the kitchen bins.
8. Please feel free to use the outdoor porches and patio but keep in mind that outdoor quiet time is 11:00 PM. We do have four neighbors across the street, so we don’t want to infringe on their right to enjoy their properties.
9. Keep in mind that all the items in the house are on display for everyone’s enjoyment. Please don’t remove any items from the house.
10. Before you check out: Make sure you have all your personal belongings. Please leave the house in the condition you found it. For cleanup, brooms and dustpans are located in the upstairs common room and in the kitchen. Please leave your keys on the downstairs common room table when you go. Safe travels and come back soon!
Thank you so much for visiting Brewhouse Mountain.
On our holidays we enjoy seeking out unusual places to stay. Brewhouse Mountain is probably the most unique and memorable place we have ever stayed at.
Our host Jeff who lives next door, has accumulated an amazing collection of beer cans and associated artefacts that really have to be seen to be believed! Jeff obviously enjoys his hobby (or is it a full time job?) and he was happy to take time to show us around and answer my many questions.
The Lodge is fully kitted out for a family holiday and whilst it seemed a little like staying in a living museum, it was really comfortable. The grounds and surrounding area are very pleasant.
Many thanks again Jeff, we will never forget Brewhouse Mountain.
Charlie & Lyn, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Clean, quiet, beautiful countryside location.
We loved sleeping among the beer cans and exploring all of the beer can designs and memorabilia in the spotless and very roomy inn. We loved the dvd options in the upstairs common room and having the option of preparing food in the kitchen. The eco side of the inn appealed to our values and led to an interesting, in-depth conversation with Jeff the morning we left. We never expected to go home with Netflix and book recommendations that we will definitely follow up on. (Jeff is just as good a listener as a speaker.) A great experience and one we’ll repeat.
What can I say? Staying at Brewhouse Mountain was an experience I will never forget! Jeff's can collection had us looking all over the house exploring and enjoying some very unique cans. The living room upstairs is decorated very well and comfortable. My friends and I can't wait to go back next year. We had such a good time looking through the house.
This host has 48 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jeff
I love my family and friends. I love to travel to exotic places. I love real experiences. I love nature, campfires, animals, hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, scuba diving, biking, swimming and skiing. I love art and music. I love reading and movies. I love a good vegetarian meal. I love life.
I'm fairly laid back and low stress.
My motto is: "There is no them, there is only us."