Come share in the spirit of Portlandia in our two bedroom apartment! Enjoy being on several major bus lines, 20 minutes from downtown and within walking distance of hip shopping districts and breweries all while having a quiet place to recharge.
Our cozy place is on two major roads, making getting to different parts of town really easy. We live within walking distance of the very fun Hawthorne District and the up and coming Division Street.
There's a communal living room and kitchen, and the balcony is of course available to use on those sunny days! Your room is modest, with a comfortable futon, some closet space to hang clothes and shelves/ drawers to store other belongings. Full bath (shared with hosts) with supreme water pressure is a great way to unwind or wake up- whatever your pleasure is. We also have wi-fi and a few untraditional Portland travel guides to help make your trip as special as possible.
Interaction with Guests
We are very busy people and will be coming and going, but are always willing to answer questions, make recommendations and to ensure that you're enjoying Portland! This is the very reason why we love traveling on Airbnb, since so many have done the same for us. Please note that Caitlin works night shift as a nurse, so on certain days, being very quiet between 9 am and 5 pm will be necessary so she can sleep.
*** If you'd like to stay with us, please be sure to have a fully completed profile with information about yourself and a good photo of your face- we like to know who is coming into our home! Also, we would like to know your anticipated arrival time, so please include it. We do not accept arrivals after 9 pm without prior arrangement. Due to allergies, we cannot accept guests who smoke cigarettes. ***
We look forward to hosting you soon!
General/ Living Room
• Take your shoes off upon entering our home.
• Keep the front door locked, even if at home.
• Turn lights off when not in a room.
• You’re welcome to use our Apple TV (sorry, no cable!). If using Netflix, please use the ‘guest’ account.
• There is a spot for your things in the fridge- if you need more space, please let us know!
• No metal on pots, including flatware.
• Silver pots can be soaked while they’re still warm, making it easier to clean them. Grey pots have to cool completely before coming into contact with water.
• We use the dishwasher as our drying rack.
• There are different containers for general recycling, glass recycling and for containers that have an Oregon deposit on them.
• Due to Caitlin’s work schedule, and our division of household chores, there will be times that our dinner dishes will not be cleaned up until the morning. If there is a dish that you need, we ask that you clean it, use it and leave it dirty so that we can take a turn at cleaning it.
• Please take your hair out of the drain and throw it away.
• There are two hooks on the back of the door for your towels.
• We are a “yellow mellow” house. If you want to participate, great! If not, that’s ok too.
• There are two drawers, a shelf and some hanging space in the closet for clothing storage.
• During the summer (June to late September, usually), we open all the windows to cross ventilate and cool down the apartment. Otherwise it is a sauna! If you are not home in the evening when we open everything, we will enter your room briefly to open your window/ prop the door open.
• In the morning, please close your window completely to help keep the heat out!
They were very friendly, and gave us advice on where to go in Portland. Their apartment is within walking distance of some cool areas and right at bus stops that can take you anywhere else in the city easily.
Caitlin was at work when I got to town, but Amanda stayed up to let me in and show me the place. They had a space in their fridge for my food and had prepared the room very nicely. I was especially delighted by the books in my room, a third of which I owned and another third I wished I owned. The neighborhood is great, near Division street, Hawthorne and not too far from Belmont. There's a yoga studio a bock away, so if yoga's part of your world, it's a wonderful plus. I was completely comfortable and felt welcome in heir home.
We stayed at just one night, so there were not so much things to mention.
But they were kind that they could change the check in time for us. And the room was clean, and easy to get to Division st.(many nice restaurant there)
Thank you so much.
Det var ett väldigt trevligt ställe. Amanda och caitlin var trevliga och hjälpsamma.
This is a really nice place, nice location, clean comfy room, lots of interesting books if you have the time to read :) and friendly sweet hostesses.
Was looking for a place to sleep for a few nights and not have to spend an arm and leg, Caitlin and Amanda’s place was the place. It’s quiet, cozy, and easy on the wallet. They are friendly and accommodating hosts, would definitely come back.
We are avid bike commuters who long for more sunshiny days in Portland, Oregon. Amanda loves books, beer and playing rugby and works in a lab that studies tuberculosis. Caitlin can't live without running, hiking and red wine and works as a nurse on the night shift. We've been together for nearly seven years and had the pleasure of getting married in Caitlin's home state of Utah in December of 2013.
We've used Airbnb many times to travel since we love getting tips from local people, not just guidebooks. We've really enjoyed helping people find Portland's secrets and meeting people from all over the world. Though we have busy seeming schedules, we ensure all of our guests have what they need to enjoy all that Portland has to offer. So drop us a line and we'll meet up soon!