About this listing
We have a large sunny room for you which fits a couple with 2 small children, or 3 friends. Amazing mattress, fridge, microwave/toaster oven, cable, high-speed wifi, en-suite marble bath with v. long bathtub. Quiet Cambridge neighborhood! Safe/warm.
We have a peaceful, large, sunny room w/ attached marble bath, a fridge/microwave/toaster oven, high speed wifi and cable. We're on a quiet, tree-lined street in a wonderful part of Cambridge. The room comfortably fits a couple with one child. (We also have a couple of other rooms which may be available when the studio is full @ $85 extra/night). Here's what else you get: self-serve coffee/tea, micro-wave and fridge in room, hair dryer and iron, in-room full cable television, central air conditioning in summer, and use of laundry if you are here for over 4 nights. The studio is pretty, comfortable, clean and warm.
You'll also get good hosts in the form of myself and my enjoyable (usually!) teenage son. We have a great pup who loves our guests, and we're a short (1/4-1/3 mile) walk to the subway (Davis Square, Porter Square or Alewife stations) and a few minutes walk to the bus on MA Ave. The nearby subway is the Red Line, and it brings you quickly into downtown Boston as well as to the Purple Line where you can get to Salem, Providence and to other nearby New England attractions. The neighborhood offers shops/restaurants/music venues galore---all within a short walk outside of our quiet, gardened, private court. Oh, and you also can have use of a bicycle for a quick bike ride to Tufts, Lesley University or Harvard Square, (15 minutes to MIT).
-Trader Joe's and Whole Foods within walking distance (less than 1/2 mile)
- Close to the Minuteman Bike Trail
- Very nearby several playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a community swimming pool with access for all.
- Close to Danehy Park for soccer, baseball, softball, and a running track. Great sledding hill in the winter.
It's a sunny, friendly to all, tidy home, perfect for a college visit, Cambridge or Boston business meeting, a conference or workshop, visit with your grand child, or a beautiful retreat for a holiday stay.
Guests have access to their large studio/room, and the kitchen and living area of the house by invitation. If you'd like to use the full kitchen to cook a meal, ask and we can likely arrange that during your stay. The fidge in your room is big enough to held at least a few days worth of groceries.
Interaction with Guests
We like to meet and chat with all of our guests initially upon your arrival and to show you the ropes. After that if we're both in a friendly mood, we will leave the door to our living space open for you to come in and say hi!
The neighborhood is quiet and friendly and our street is tree-lines and known as one of the nicest blocks in what is a great neighborhood. It's far enough away from the main street so you won't hear any noise, yet within moments you can be at the subway or in Davis or Porter Squares. there's a sweet playground nearby, a bike trail extending 19 miles, and many parks. A Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are both within a 15 minute walk.
Very convenient: The 77 bus which goes up and down MA Ave and straight into Harvard Square is within a 5 minute walk, and 2 subway stops for the Redline are within a 7-15 minute walk depending on your peppiness.
Other Things to Note
The bed is a double. It has a high end, brand new, double memory-foam mattress topped with a feather bed. It can be made into a couch with no rods or springs and is made for extended use (ie., not a typical 'sofa couch' although I want the room to feel like a studio, and it easily transform into a couch). Many people who sleep on it asks us about it because it is so comfortable. The other bed in the room is a single mattress on the floor which is made of organic bamboo and is also quite comfortable from all reports.
1) We love hosting for airbnb. Our intention is to provide a clean, warm, friendly studio sized room while you're away from your own home on your trip. If you are seeking perfection, anonymity or a locked room, there are tons of lovely hotels in the area: We like to get know our guests a bit, and we hope you will express yourself when you bravely reach out to stay with us in your email inquiry!
2) We do charge for children and babies even if they co-sleep with you in your bed. Please make absolute certain to put the exact # of guests in the initial request/inquiry.
3) We prefer one week's notice before booking if at all possible. You are welcome to try spur of the moment, but the head's up allows us to clear the spot for you.
4) I try to be flexible with check-in and out times when possible.
5) Just a reminder...NO smoking anywhere on this property.
6) Trash and recycling: Please take your trash out daily and there are outdoor trash cans under the front porch. Please use the bag in the room marked for recycling to put your rinsed out bottles, cans and clean papers for recycling. If you have boxes, please break them down and I will show you where the outdoor recycling bins are in case it builds up.
7) The bathroom is attached to one of the available rooms, and if you are in that room you get first dibs. However there are times we use it when you are out during the day---this is why we call it an "attached bath" rather than a "private bath". But it's mostly private and we rarely use it while we are hosting for airbnb.
8) Pricing: It is non-negotialble. There are airbnb rms available in all price range and i've carefully priced mine below it's value already so cannot go lower. The only exception, and you're welcome to request a slight discount in this case, is if you're requesting at least a one month stay. For longer stays, it's possible I'll consider a discount of a few free nights.
Airbnb adds up the amount for you when you make your request. While I enjoy math, the computer is more trustworthy with calculations than I am :)
9) Occasionally I have a second room in the photos (yellow room), which now boasts a lovely comfortable double bed. This room may be available if room on the calender isn't available. If you have a 4th person, you can ask to see if that room is available and you may want to book that room as well (same pricing).
10) Our liberal politics include, (but are not limited to): pro-choice, pro-occupy movement, environmental consciousness, anti-oppression, and marriage equality: Intolerance is the one thing that is intolerable to us ;)
Slight confusion about the address of the house, but other than that a great venue and area
Wonderful experience--Judy greeted us warmly and provide a welcoming experience from the first moment we arrived. The neighborhood was very nice and safe, and the space was exactly as described. Our room was clean, cozy, and very private.
Estuve 3 noches en casa de Judy. Es un barrio encantador, tranquilo, y tan solo 12 minutos andando del metro en un paseo muy agradable.
Aunque no teniamos acceso a la cocina, la habitacion dispone de microondas y nevera. Las camas son muy comodas, muy importante!
Judy fue muy acogedora, nos espero para el check in aunque llegamos mas tarde de lo previsto y la veiamos cada mañana. Siempre estuvo muy accesible para cualquier peticion o consulta. Lo recomiendo sin dudarlo!
Très bon accueil. La chambre est conforme au descriptif et le quartier est vraiment très sympa avec ses petites maisons en bois, une vie de village tout en ayant Harvard, MIT et Boston à proximité sur la ligne rouge du métro (Davis Station, à 10-12 minutes à pied).
Thank you very much for hosting us! Staying was comfortable, easy, and convenient. I liked the proximity to Davis Square and easy parking. The room was lovely as well.
We stayed at this air bnb while touring colleges in the area. It is convenient to mass ave buses that run down to the Cambridge area. Also. Davis square is walkable, although weather was terrible while we were there.
The accommodations are as advertised. It is one bedroom with an attached bath. I slept in the pull out, which actually has a memory foam type mattress that felt very comfortable. My son slept on a twin mattress. We took advantage of the fridge to store some snacks. A tea kettle is in the bathroom, which was great on the cold days. Linens and towels are provided. There is a small TV
Parking in the area was easy. We always found a spot very near the condo. Judy was responsive to my texts and emails as our plans changed. If only she could fix the weather the visit would be perfect.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Mazzy
Friendly, smart, politically liberal/progressive, resourceful :) I love hosting people from all over the world, and know the Cambridge/Boston area well (for a native NY'er---I've been here since graduate school which was 20 yrs ago). You will find the environment here 'on the court' restful, peaceful and as my current guest from Australia put it, "I figured you were a healer of some sort-- because your home feels healing." Our place is relaxing and down to earth, with an artistic and colorful ambiance, and lots of sunlight.
My boy is pure enjoyment once he feels comfortable with a guest. My dog is one of the sweetest mutts ever (objectively speaking of course)!
If you happen to be taking the bus from NYC, WORLD WIDE BUS leaves you a 10 minute walk from our house.