We have a large sunny room for you which fits a couple with 2 small children, or 3 friends. Amazing mattress, fridge, microwave/toaster oven, cable, high-speed wifi, en-suite marble bath with v. long bathtub. Quiet Cambridge neighborhood! Safe/warm.
We have a peaceful, large, sunny room w/ attached marble bath, a fridge/microwave/toaster oven, high speed wifi and cable. We're on a quiet, tree-lined street in a wonderful part of Cambridge. The room comfortably fits a couple with one child, or 3 friends. (We also have a couple of other rooms which may be available when the studio is full). Here's what else you get: self-serve coffee/tea, micro-wave and fridge in room, hair dryer and iron, in-room full cable television, central air conditioning, and use of laundry if you are here for over 3 nights. The studio is pretty, comfortable, clean and warm.
You'll also get good hosts in the form of myself and my enjoyable (usually!) teenage son. We have a great pup who loves our guests, and we're a short (1/4-1/3 mile) walk to the subway (Davis Square, Porter Square or Alewife stations) and a few minutes walk to the bus on MA Ave. The nearby subway is the Red Line, and it brings you quickly into downtown Boston as well as to the Purple Line where you can get to Salem, Providence and to other nearby New England attractions. The neighborhood offers shops/restaurants/music venues galore---all within a short walk outside of our quiet, gardened, private court. Oh, and you also can have use of a bicycle for a quick bike ride to Tufts, Lesley University or Harvard Square, (15 minutes to MIT).
-Trader Joe's and Whole Foods within walking distance (less than 1/2 mile)
- Close to the Minuteman Bike Trail
- Very nearby several playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a community swimming pool with access for all.
- Close to Danehy Park for soccer, baseball, softball, and a running track. Great sledding hill in the winter.
It's a sunny, friendly to all, tidy home, perfect for a college visit, Cambridge or Boston business meeting, a conference or workshop, visit with your grand child, or a beautiful retreat for a holiday stay.
Guests have access to their large studio/room, and the kitchen and living area of the house by invitation. If you'd like to use the full kitchen, ask and we can likely arrange that during your stay.
Interaction with Guests
We like to meet and chat with all of our guests initially upon your arrival and to show you the ropes. After that if we're both in a friendly mood, we will leave the door to our living space open for you to come in and say hi!
The neighborhood is quiet and friendly and our street is tree-lines and known as the nicest block in the neighborhood. It's far enough away from the main street so you won't hear any noise, yet within moments you can be at the subway or in Davis or Porter Squares. there's a sweet playground nearby, a bike trail extending 19 miles, and many parks. A Whole Foods and Trader Joe's is within a 15 minute walk.
Very convenient: The 77 bus which goes up and down MA Ave and straight into Harvard Square is within a 5 minute walk, and 2 subway stops for the Redline are within a 10 minute walk.
Other Things to Note
The double bed has very high end, brand new double foam pad mattress topped with a feather bed. Many people who sleep on it asks us about it because it is so comfortable. The other bed in the room is a single mattress which is made of organic bamboo and is also very comfortable.
1) We love hosting for airbnb. Our intention is to provide a clean, warm, friendly studio while you're away from your own home on your trip. If you are seeking perfection, anonymity or a locked room, there are tons of lovely hotels in the area: We like to get know our guests a bit, and we hope you will express yourself when you bravely reach out to stay with us in your email inquiry!
2) We prefer one week's notice before booking if at all possible. You are welcome to try spur of the moment, but the head's up allows us to clear the spot for you.
3) I try to be flexible with check-in and out times when possible.
4) Just a reminder...NO smoking anywhere on this property.
5) The bathroom is attached to one of the available rooms, and if you are in that room you get first dibs. However there are times we use it when you are out during the day---this is why we call it an "attached bath" rather than a "private bath". But it's mostly private.
6) Re: pricing: It is non-negotialble. There are airbnb rms available in all price range and i've carefully priced mine below it's value already so cannot go lower. The only exception, and you're welcome to request a slight discount in this case, is if you're requesting at least a one month stay. For longer stays, it's possible I'll consider a discount of a few free nights.
7) Airbnb adds up the amount for you when you make your request. While I enjoy math, the computer is more trustworthy with calculations than I am :)
8) Please make absolute certain to put the exact # of guests in the initial request/inquiry. We do charge for children and babies as well.
9) Occasionally I have a second room in the photos (yellow room), which now boasts a lovely comfortable double bed. This room may be available if room on the calender isn't available. If you have a 4th person, you can ask to see if that room is available and you may want to book that room as well (same pricing).
9) Our liberal politics include, (but are not limited to): pro-choice, pro-occupy movement, environmental consciousness, anti-oppression, and marriage equality:-)
The room was nice and comfortable. Private but open to the house if need be. We also had use of a parking pass which was handy and the neighborhood was nice to stay in.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with Judy. She was friendly and easygoing, but allowed me my privacy. The room was charming and very comfortable, and everything was as promised. The house is located in a pretty neighborhood in walking distance from restaurants and the T, which was very convenient to Harvard Square. I would definitely stay at this listing again when visiting Cambridge.
Judy was very gracious and accommodating. The room is quite fine. Overall a nice experience. Very convenient and quiet location.
一次愉快的经历。房东很友好，有什么需要可以随时跟她沟通。非常感谢！住在这里像家里一样相当安全。附近住的居民很多还是哈佛的教授。附近有一家青岛园餐厅。中餐做得很好，每天晚上我们都去那里吃饭，还能看到使用筷子的教授。这里距离哈佛有2站地铁路程，走到地铁站也很近。去中心就6站路程，很方便也很近。幸好没有住到south station 南面。
Judy did an excellent job of making me feel welcome and providing everything a guest may need down to the detailed directions and neighborhood information. It was a great mix of privacy and hospitality. I would love to stay here again on my next visit.
Judy is an amazing and wonderful host, you couldn't ask to stay with a more generous person. We were in town for a comics convention over the weekend and Judy was more than happy to share directions to our venue and good places to eat. Not to mention assistance in a serious wardrobe malfunction!
Her house is lovely and comfortable - and very quiet! We slept so well. Mazzy the dog is delightful and friendly. The location was super easy to the subway and also to Lesley (where our convention was).
Highly recommend Judy's place if you're looking for a family home feel.
Judy is a great host. The room is well separated, really almost a private studio. It’s a described, fridge, water boiler, hair drier, etc. No big surprises there. It is really sunny, there are no curtains. Did not bother me much as I was an early riser.
Location is great, 10 mins walk to the Alewife T. At the same time it’s a very quiet neighborhood, I slept with open window. Parking for a weekend worked fine.
The bed is comfy, not too soft not too hard. It just might be a bit short for persons over 170cm.
Would stay again.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Friendly, smart, politically liberal/progressive, resourceful :) I love hosting people from all over the world, and know the Cambridge/Boston area well (for a native NY'er---I've been here since graduate school which was 20 yrs ago). You will find the environment here 'on the court' restful, peaceful and as my current guest from Australia put it, "I figured you were a healer of some sort-- because your home feels healing." Our place is relaxing and down to earth, with an artistic and colorful ambiance, and lots of sunlight.
My boy is pure enjoyment once he feels comfortable with a guest. My dog is one of the sweetest mutts ever (objectively speaking of course)!
If you happen to be taking the bus from NYC, WORLD WIDE BUS leaves you a 10 minute walk from our house.