About this listing
Located at the de facto center of the city, the apartment boasts easy access to most tourist attractions, and has a very convenient neighborhood.
I wish to provide you a "home away from home", and I am always willing to help, big or small!
The apartment is in a great location, and it's more spacious than it looks in the photos!
This is a two-bedroom apartment, with a double bed in one room, and a single bed in the other. A comfortable folding bed can be arranged for another guest. The living room is spacious with sofa, shelf, and dinning place.
• Lots of closet for your luggage, your clothes
• Good Air conditioner/ heating system with full self control
• Free Broadband WIFI (password is on the painting beside the desk)
• TV in each room and yes, the remotes work
• Complete bathroom with bathtub
• Complete kitchen including refrigerator, washer, pots, pans, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and full kitchen utensils for 4.
• All towels and bedding are included, shampoo too
• Washing machine
• Hair dryer
• We try to be accommodating to your check in/out time
• Discounts for long-term booking available
Lastly, Beijing can be overwhelming. If you're looking for suggestions on how to make the best use of your time/budget, just ask! I have been living in the city for over 40 years and I am more than happy to help you. Please feel free to send me an email or give me a call -- nothing is too big or too small!
I also have another two-bedroom apartment available, double balcony, a bit smaller, cheaper, but nicer (to me, at least), same building, best for you if you travel in a smaller group of 3 or 4:
Click the apartment photo under "My Other Listings" on the the column on the right.
Located in the de facto center of Beijing, the apartment is one with two bedrooms, a living room, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a bathroom with bathtub, with around 950 square feet of space in total. It has everything you need, whether you stay short, or long; for business, or for pleasure.
Few apartments/hotels beat us in terms of location (those do are much more expensive): 3 minutes’ walk up the tree-lined street, you are in the Chang'an Street, and to your right, the CBD, where many of the business headquarters are, is within walking distance, or just a couple of bus stops away; to your left, the Forbidden City, the Tian'anmen Square, the 3 main shopping streets, and many others, are just 2-3 subway stops away; up north, the Hutong, Sanlitun, Houhai, and down south, the Temple of Heaven, are all within easy reach.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you in the apartment when you arrive, show you everything, give you suggestions, and answer your questions, and later if you need any help, I am just a call away, I speak decent English!
The nearby streets are strewed with restaurants and cafes. From snack bars to Michelin Star Chefs, from western to a variety of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, from Starbucks to cozy local cafes. Explore a bit, and get surprised.
If you want to buy anything, or to cook occasionally, there is a supermarket (Xingfu) 5 minutes away, and also a morning market to get fresh veggies and fruits. Jenny Lou's, a western food grocery, is some 15 minutes pleasant walk away.
There is two convenience stores right downstairs that opens 24-hour, more if you want to walk 2 or 3 minutes.
The neighborhood is quite safe. Actually Beijing is quite safe, street crimes are rare. But of course, you can never be too careful.
The apartment boasts easy access to almost everything: airport, train stations, shopping centers, tourist attractions, business center, nightlife area, etc. Most of the tourist places and business centers are within easy reach. There are around 20 bus lines 3-minute walks away; Subway line 1 and line 2 take you to or connect you to most of the attractions (please find detailed directions in my guidebook). Some major ones:
• 40 minutes away from the airport by taxi or airport express + subway line 2
• 10 minutes to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the National Mesuem, and the National Theatre by subway or bus
• 15 minutes to the Temple of Heaven by subway or bus
• 10 minutes to Wangfujing the shopping street, by subway or bus
• 10 minutes walk to the Silk Market
• 15 minutes to the Houhai area (pubs, Hutong, drum tower, bell tower, etc.) by taxi
• 10 minutes by bus to the World Trade Center, the CCTV tower, that is, the central business area of the city
• 15 minutes to the Sanlitun by taxi or bus, the night life center of the city
• 1 hour to the Summer Palace by subway line 1, then line 4.
• 2 hours to the Great Wall by subway line 2, then train S2
• 20 minutes by bus or taxi to any of the four major music halls in the city
• 30 minutes to the 798 Art Space by taxi (because that place is out of town)
Other Things to Note
I will send you a guide book I carefully prepared to help you get around the city, with restaurants recommendations, bus/subway routes to most traveler's attractions, shopping places, etc.
Most guests find it very helpful, and they did help me to constantly improve it!
Free bottled water, and fruits upon your arrival!
1. Please do not smoke in the apartment.
2. Please try to keep the carpet clean.
Hi! I am Ollie. I have two apartments in the same building and I would like to make them instant homes for you when you are in Beijing. I speak English, I have been living in the city for over 30 years and I will be very pleased to help you. If you're looking for suggestions on how to make the best use of your time/budget, just let me know. Please feel free to send me an email or give me a call -- nothing is too big or too small.