About This Listing
Experience the wilds of Vermont within the city of Burlington! You are renting a cozy, private lakefront cabin on Appletree Point with SPECTACULAR views of Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains and downtown Burlington. ** Includes 11% state/local tax
The cabin is on a rustic and private dirt road and yet only a 10-minute drive from downtown Burlington. Also located only a short walk/bike ride to Burlington's bike path with access to Church Street, downtown shops, restaurants and the scenic waterfront.
The cabin has the following amenities:
* full kitchen with oven, stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, plates, bowls, cups, silverware etc
* radio/cd player
* bathroom with sink/shower (with hot water)
* full size bed
* full size couch/futon
* ladder loft with a queen size mattress
* wooden deck with a gas grill
Fun things to do:
- walk out to the tip of Appletree Point (Keep pets and kids near you as the cliffs are steep and high.)
- the Burlington Bike path is great. You can ride downtown (about 3 miles to the waterfront) or north to the mouth of the Winooski river to visit Charlie’s Boat House where you can rent kayaksr canoes.
- the ECHO center at the waterfront (fine for a rainy day, but overall pretty underwhelming)
- Shelburne Farms is nice. Catch a tractor ride out to see some farm animals and see how cheese is made.
- Church Street - pedestrian way with many shops and restaurants
- Vermont Lake Monsters game - minor league baseball downtown
- Ben and Jerry’s in Waterbury
- a bike ride to Ethan Allen Homestead is pretty fun. Call to make sure that the house is open it's a neat log cabin built by one of Burlington's earliest settlers.
-Blueberry picking at Adam's Organic Berry farm or Owl’s Head.
- walk around Colchester pond. Hike up Mt. Philo for a do-able kids' hike. A big hike is Camel's Hump. (We did it with our kids)
- more sandy public beaches are Leddy and the larger (complete with snackstand) North Beach
-ferry boat rides - there are meal cruises, and also you can take your bikes and go across to Ausable Chasm in NY state, which is cool.
Groceries Nearby - Hannaford on North Avenue
Groceries We Also Like - Saturday Farmer’s Market Downtown, City Market, Healthy Living
Restaurants nearby on North Avenue
- Bamboo House - Thai/Vietnamese
- Bagel Cafe - sandwiches etc
- Sofia's Pizza
- Smitty’s - pub grub
Restaurants a bit further away that We Really Like
- The Bluebird Tavern, Farmhouse Tap and Grill, Hen of the Wood - Locavore heaven
- Pho Hong - Excellent Vietnamese
-Asiana House - good Japanese/Pan-Asian food
- American Flatbread - excellent pizza fix
- Pennycluse Cafe or Leunig’s - two downtown breakfast/brunch spots
Please aware that there are many dangerous, sheer cliffs on Appletree Point. Be sure to keep children and pets away from the cliffs.
Please drive slowly (5 mph) on the gravel road! There are many children and animals who run and play in the area.
No smoking in the cabin.
Please maintain the peaceful environment and keep the noise level low to keep people and wildlife in the area happy.
Please don't pick any wildflowers on Appletree Point, some of them are endangered.
My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend and had a great time. The cabin is at the end of a gravel road that gets rather muddy, but at some point during our first night someone dumped a layer of gravel over the muddy parts and helped us avoid getting stuck! It's a great balance between being in the wilderness and being in town, since Burlington was only about 10-15 minutes away. Also very convenient to the grocery store, which was good because we did a lot of cooking in the adorable kitchen. The best part was the stillness of the nights - we spent a lot of time standing outside the back doors looking at the water in the moonlight. We didn't get a lot of sun this weekend, but we still got in a lot of r&r. You can't beat the views, and being so close to Burlington was a major plus. I definitely recommend a stay if you're in the area! I'd recommend bringing some warm clothing if you lose heat easily, as the insulation isn't great (which is understandable, given how it's a cabin and the doors slide open) and it can get a bit cold at night, but there are plenty of blankets provided. On the subject of plenty, lots of clean towels as well.
The cabin is just as advertised - secluded, cozy, and offers priceless views of the lake and mountains. We had no trouble finding the cabin and once we arrived we settled in right away. The space was great for my wife and I and our toddler son. We enjoyed sitting on the deck and skipping rocks on the pond behind the cabin. We biked to Burlington sever times from the cabin using the nearby bikeway. We will be back next summer!
This was the perfect secluded cabin- waking up every morning to a beautiful view of the lake was amazing. It felt like you were waking up IN the lake! The cabin was very clean and the water pressure was great for showers. I didn't use the grill, but I think next time I would want to have a picnic on the deck. Overall a great spot.
Ian responded promptly and was incredibly accommodating.. His cabin was perfect in every way. Would stay there again for sure. Perfect little zone for a romantic getaway, solo adventure, or a peaceful place to reconnect with a friend. Waking up for a sunrise swim is the perfect way to start every day.
It was a real treat to stay at Ian's lakefront cabin. It was very clean and as described in the listing. Comfy bed, great water pressure and all the necessities. The views were spectacular. My only lament is that I could not spend more time there during the day because of other obligations to soak in all the ambiance.
Ian was a great communicator and responded to my questions, which helped me plan my stay.
One caution... I learned there is a party boat on the lake, which unfortunately played music that could heard at the cabin while I was there. So one may not always have the tranquil experience you might be seeking.
That said, it is a lovely spot. I hope to return when I have less obligations to enjoy it more.
Great visit to the secluded cabin. Everything exactly as stated. One of the cleanest cabins i've ever stayed at and well stocked for the basics. Cabin has a great view, and a quiet private setting. If you are up for a rustic cabin and know what that entails as far as spiders and such you wont find better. The proximity to the bike path was excellent.