About this listing
Experience the wilds of Vermont within the city of Burlington! You are renting a cozy, private lakefront cabin on Appletree Point with SPECTACULAR views of Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains and downtown Burlington. ** Includes 11% state/local tax
The cabin is on a rustic and private dirt road and yet only a 10-minute drive from downtown Burlington. Also located only a short walk/bike ride to Burlington's bike path with access to Church Street, downtown shops, restaurants and the scenic waterfront.
The cabin has the following amenities:
* full kitchen with oven, stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, plates, bowls, cups, silverware etc
* radio/cd player
* bathroom with sink/shower (with hot water)
* full size bed
* full size couch/futon
* ladder loft with a queen size mattress
* wooden deck with a gas grill
Fun things to do:
- walk out to the tip of Appletree Point (Keep pets and kids near you as the cliffs are steep and high.)
- the Burlington Bike path is great. You can ride downtown (about 3 miles to the waterfront) or north to the mouth of the Winooski river to visit Charlie's Boat House where you can rent kayaksr canoes.
- the ECHO center at the waterfront (fine for a rainy day, but overall pretty underwhelming)
- Shelburne Farms is nice. Catch a tractor ride out to see some farm animals and see how cheese is made.
- Church Street - pedestrian way with many shops and restaurants
- Vermont Lake Monsters game - minor league baseball downtown
- Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury
- a bike ride to Ethan Allen Homestead is pretty fun. Call to make sure that the house is open it's a neat log cabin built by one of Burlington's earliest settlers.
-Blueberry picking at Adam's Organic Berry farm or Owl's Head.
- walk around Colchester pond. Hike up Mt. Philo for a do-able kids' hike. A big hike is Camel's Hump. (We did it with our kids)
- more sandy public beaches are Leddy and the larger (complete with snackstand) North Beach
-ferry boat rides - there are meal cruises, and also you can take your bikes and go across to Ausable Chasm in NY state, which is cool.
Groceries Nearby - Hannaford on North Avenue
Groceries We Also Like - Saturday Farmer's Market Downtown, City Market, Healthy Living
Restaurants nearby on North Avenue
- Bamboo House - Thai/Vietnamese
- Bagel Cafe - sandwiches etc
- Sofia's Pizza
- Smitty's - pub grub
Restaurants a bit further away that We Really Like
- The Bluebird Tavern, Farmhouse Tap and Grill, Hen of the Wood - Locavore heaven
- Pho Hong - Excellent Vietnamese
-Asiana House - good Japanese/Pan-Asian food
- American Flatbread - excellent pizza fix
- Pennycluse Cafe or Leunig's - two downtown breakfast/brunch spots
Please aware that there are many dangerous, sheer cliffs on Appletree Point. Be sure to keep children and pets away from the cliffs.
Please drive slowly (5 mph) on the gravel road! There are many children and animals who run and play in the area.
No smoking in the cabin.
Please maintain the peaceful environment and keep the noise level low to keep people and wildlife in the area happy.
Please don't pick any wildflowers on Appletree Point, some of them are endangered.