Stunning brand new and modern 2 Bedroom apartment located in the old fishing village Marsaskala.
Marsaskala is located in the south-east of the Island of Malta, about 15-20 Minutes drive from the Airport by car or taxi, or around 40 Minutes by bus.
Taxi costs 18 Euros per direction from the airport and we are more then happy to arrange taxi transfer for you so you will find a taxi driver waiting for you at the airport.
The apartment is without stairs, the building is even accessible using a ramp. and offers enough room for 4 persons as well as one (well behaved) dog on request.
The master bedroom has one double bed and the second bedroom has two single beds.
Please note that you might want to bring a sleeping mask if you want to block out all light whilst sleeping as the blinds in the bedroom does not block out the light.
The kitchen is modern and fully equipped with everything you need, including a built in dishwasher. We have made sure, that you will find enough dishes, pots and pans in the vent that you want to make your own meals. As an extra bonus, the dishwasher is built into to a cupboard so there is no need to strain your back when using it.
The apartment also has an A/C, Wireless connection, cable tv and a shower room with a washer.
You can enjoy the sunning harbor view as well as the afternoon sun from both balconies that the apartment offers.
On the spacious main balcony with stunning sea/harbor views you will find a dining table which seats 4 people comfortably as well as a sun lounger.
Ta'Monita residence also includes a community pool (Open June to October against a fee).
You have the choice of a few rocky beaches situated within a 5 minute walk from the apartment as well as a sandy beach, St. Thomas bay, which is situated around 10 to 15 minutes walk or a 5 Minute drive.
Nearest Airport : Malta International Airport at 10 Kilometers
Nearest Ferry : Virtu Ferries Terminal at 12 Kilometers
Nearest Train : Bus station Marsaskala at 800 Meters
Nearest Motorway : Marsa at 8 Kilometers
Nearest Beach : St. Thomas Bay at 1.5 Kilometers
Nearest Bar/pub : Malachys at 500 Meters
Nearest Golf : The Royal Malta Golf Club at 8 Kilometers
Nearest Restaurant : Awwista at 300 Meters
Car: Not necessary
Malta is an great Island to spend a great holiday in.
The next bus stop is located around 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
In Marsaskala you will find everything you need and then some for your day to day life.
At and around the harbor there are lots of different restaurants to chose from.
Weekdays you will find mobile fruit sellers, as well as 2-3 times a week fresh fish for sale.
The harbor is easy to reach by foot from the apartment, only around 250 Meters (2 Minutes) walk away.
A/C, Pool (against a seperate fee) Wlan, Kitchen, Livingroom, bedrooms, bathroom, washer, hairdryer
Everything can be reached by foot. Lots of nice restaurants and bars close by, the ocean is only a stone throw away and it is quiet.
There is a bus taking you directly to Valletta.
Other Things to Note
One small well behaved dog is allowed for free.
Smoking is not allowed in the apartment or on the balconies
The apartment was exactly as described and everything was excellent. The spec was great and all good quality. Linda was extremely helpful when needed. Some reviews on here mention the Church bells. They are everyday and they do start early however it's not the end of the world and you get used to it. The only downside is the pool. There is a pool directly adjacent to the apartments but it costs 10 euros per day with no obvious discount for residents. We only went there once so it was ok but it would work out to be expensive if you went with a family.
Really enjoyed my stay at Ta'Monita! The pictures are an accurate representation of the apartment--the view of the town was actually better then expected. I loved having breakfast on the balcony...so relaxing. The location in southern Malta is a bit off the beaten track (not much going on), but as everyone has said, distance is not a factor because the island is very small.
- Loredana, the property manager. She was wonderful. Picked me up from/dropped off at the airport for modest fee. She was also available any time of day or night and checked on me periodically to see how I was doing or if I needed anything. It was reassuring to know I wasn't entirely on my own. She also gave a bit of info about the area, restaurants, and Malta in general.
- Apartment. Comfortable, excellent central AC, well-equipped kitchen, washers (dish and clothes), balcony. Everything was fresh and clean (except the floor--walking barefoot will leave you with dirty feet).
- Wireless Internet, good signal except in the master bedroom.
- Location. Minutes from the main strip and about a 10-15 minute walk from DiveMed (dive school). Fruit stands nearby, lots of restaurants. Only 10-minute drive from airport.
- Pool. Large with lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas (have to pay 5 euros per day).
Negatives (things to keep in mind):
- No sightseeing materials or maps/directions provided. We drove in from the airport, and I made my best attempt at remembering landmarks, but there were many small streets and turns, and when it came time to walk back to the apartment after a drop off at a nearby convenience store, I ended up wandering around for an hour and a half before a local was able to point me to the complex. (For your reference, the residence is the big building on the hill behind the church! So obvious now...)
- No clothes or dishwasher detergent provided; and just a few drops left of dish washing liquid. No coffee maker or coffee.
- The tv has cable, but don't expect a wide selection of channels--most are not subscribed to and the only English language channels are CNN and Euronews and two Discovery channels.
- The buses! I had a few bad experiences. Don't rely on the schedules--the buses arrive when they feel like it; and be sure to flag down the bus you want--they don't stop otherwise (which is probably why they aren't on schedule!).
Despite those few negatives, they didn't outweigh the great experience I had in Malta, and I was pleased with my airbnb selection. Definitely recommend it!
thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you liked the apartment.
As everybody has a different preference when it comes to detergent smell and brand, we leave it up to our guests to buy or bring what they prefer.
We are really sorry the floors where not cleaned as they should, this has been noted and our manager will speak to our cleaning lady.
As for maps, this is a great idea. We will see what we can do. As we use our smart phones to navigate, the thought never occurred to us.
There are a few books about Malta and sightseeing in the apartment.
As for the cable TV, it is out of our hands which channels the provider chooses to offer.
We would love to welcome you back, you where an amazing guest.
The apartment is located in a very nice area - Marsascala. It's a quiet area, near the promenade and lots of restaurants, convenient to bathe. Hostess Linda quickly answers for all questions. Easy access to the airport. If you are traveling with small children, a possibly be uncomfortable due to the fact that the windows of apartment renovated out of the church and every morning, lunch and evening bell sounding. Pretty loud. But for us it was not an inconvenience. Apartment for rent not so long tine likely, everything is new and clean. Very nice manager Loredana, she is helpful and gave us a lot of important advice.
Dette er første gang vi prøver AIRbnb, og det var en succes. Linda var hurtig til at svare og sød til at hjælpe med alle vores spørgsmål.
Loredana som udleverede nøgler til os på Malta, var også behjælpelig. Bl.a med at bestille en taxa.
Det er en lækker lejlighed med alt hvad man har brug for. God beliggenhed og dejlig terrasse med skøn udsigt. Kirketårnet er en oplevelse, men det vil ikke afholde os fra at leje det igen.
Nice, friendly and promptly communication beforehand. Everything went smooth and easy (even though we arrived very late in the evening during the week and left early on Sunday morning). The appartment is very well equipped - everything seems to be new, clean and cosy. The only thing to be mentioned is that part of your holiday you will be woken up by church bells ringing early in the morning (as part of a real Malta experience). The view is stunning indeed. There are some pubs, restaurants, cafés and grocery stores close by. It is recommendable to have a rental car. Then everything is very easy to access. It's been a great spot to stay for exploring Malta. Would love to come again. Thank you!
We had a wonderful eight night stay. The apartment is very clean, brand new, well-equiped and has a nice view of the bay from the balcony. The place is smartly furnished and spacious. We rented a car with Linda's help and free parking was available close to the apartment. The location is also perfect for walking to very good restaurants and the bus stop. There is A/C - but we didn't need it in May. The balcony has a nice table and chairs set for outdoor dining. The washer machine is also a wonderful touch. Linda kept in close contact with us with all the details needed to have an exceptional stay. I highly recommend this apartment in Marsascala. We didn't want to leave!