Welcome! Take in all the O’ahu action within easy driving, without the congestion and noise of downtown Honolulu/Waikiki. This 1-bedroom apartment is located away from the main downtown area, in a quiet bedroom community of Waipio Gentry. Note that this is an entire apartment, with its separate entrance and own bathroom. The only things shared with the large main house in the front are the sideyard and BBQ grill, with patio table/chairs under the covered patio.
• Unit is upstairs, with no handi-capable facilities
• Bus stops with routes to all major island points are about a 2-minute walk from house
• Restaurants, bars, groceries, Costco, Sam’s, Walmart and Waikele Outlet shops are all under a 5-mile radius from house
• Centrally located near the island’s three main roadways: H1, H2 to Mililani, and Kamehameha Highway
• Higher Demand for Holidays/Special Events (book at least 4 months out)
• USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor and USS Bowfin tour (5 miles)
• Hiking trails at Diamond Head, Maunawili Falls, Makapu’u Lighthouse, and more
• See the breathtakingly gorgeous beaches of the North Shore
• Catch the golden sunset views from one of the Ko’Olina lagoons
• Visit the Dole Plantation to try the pineapple ice cream
• There are over 25 golf courses on the island
• Free parking on Waiolina St, or U’kee St
• 32” TV for living room
• Covered patio with BBQ grill and patio table/chairs (shared with main house guests)
• Beds: 1 Queen bed, 1 full size pull out sofa bed
• Coin-op Laundry Facilities in the garage
• Spacious kitchen is equipped a large fridge, microwave, flat-top 4-burner electric stove/oven range
• Basic diningware items and cooking equipment.
• AC stand-alone units may be provided for an additional $25 a day per unit to offset Hawaii utility costs (4 times more than mainland U.S.)
• A car is recommended to fully enjoy the island
• This is a non-smoking apartment; cigarette butts not picked up in the yard will incur a $25 clean-up charge
• Guests are asked to remove shoes before going upstairs, and are urged to walk quietly
• Starter toilet paper, paper towels and bath soap are provided
• Small tree near front gate bears Hawaiian lime-type fruits, great for making lemonades and adding to Coronas
• The brand new beds have a 400 (four hundred) pound total weight limit, recommended by manufacturer
• Wai'olina street parking is rather tight near the house, but there are more openings on Uke'e street
• Beach towels are not provided due to heavy wear & tear on beach terrain, sand flea infestations and extra challenges with laundering and drying
• REMINDER: This is NOT a 5-star apartment; it is a regular, entire in-law suite in the back of a main house, in a regular bedroom community. If you want POSH accommodations, we recommend booking at the JW Marriott’s in Ko’Olina, at $500 a night for a similar 1-bedroom condo.
• WARNING: The occasional welcoming bug party is NOT indicative of uncleanliness. Everyone is bound to run into them at some point while on island. Even the Royal Iolani Palace has its imperial roaches & bugs. If you can't handle insects, we suggest booking at JW Marriott's. If ants bother you, simply sprinkle salt on the trail to stop them.
• NOTE: We offer unparalleled, unbeatable deals for couples who want to visit O’ahu. In return, however, we highly value quiet, respectful and considerate Airbnb guests who are not planning to hold loud parties on site. Neighbors do not tolerate excessive noise--they WILL call the police to the premises. If noise fines are issued by the Honolulu Police Department, security deposits will be charged.
→ FOR 2 MORE ADULTS:
A second room on the ground floor, located to the left of the entryway, is also available for rent. It is equipped with a full-size bed for 2 adults, a 32” TV and a sofa w/ pull out double size bed. The 2 rooms combined will hold up to 4 adults and 2 little children (on futons). Email us FIRST to book this extra room concurrently with the 1-bedroom apartment.
NOTE: Please EMAIL FIRST before booking, with description of group members (i.e. # of adults/kids), and intent of use (wedding party, family reunions, etc.).
Permit Number: W00621726-01
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$455 /week|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Pretty easy to find, we rented a car from the airport and it took about 45 minutes to get to with all the 5 pm traffic. You'll definitely need a car to get around.
Bathroom came equipped with shampoo, soap, and towels. Bed was comfy. Only downside was that the people renting out the apartment downstairs were having a party one evening and made a bit too much noise, but that's really dependent on who's staying there at the time. Lots of room to spread your stuff around, and it was very easy to retrieve and return the key.
Absolutely loved this rental! Our first taste of Hawaii was perfect. This is a quiet and very clean apartment. Everything we needed was provided. We are very pleased and would rent here again. Thank you so much to the host.
Clean, comfortable little place. You will need a car for sight seeing. Parking is tight but you can park in front. We were there looking for a new house and it worked out well as a central point. Would stay again if the need was there.
This is a nice and affordable place to stay when visiting Oahu. With a car everything is within reasonable distance. We enjoyed it very much!
Short distance to grocery store and some restaurants/fast food places.
Also nice with the park within walking distance.
One minor thing that can be good to know about, the neighbour next to the sleeping room has a metal plate on a pole in his garden that makes a lot of noise when it's blowing. It only happened the last night for us :-)
All in all, a very good place for us that we would gladly return to should we ever return to Hawaii and Oahu (hopefully we do!)
The neighborhood is nice and quiet and very close to Foodland, premium outlet, Costco, post office and gas stations. The room is clean and tidy. Everything we need is provided in the unit. No frauds. We had such a pleasant stay. Mahalo for your accommodation.
This was a great stay! It was perfect for me and my 2 daughters. We weren't there very much, but were able to cook and have privacy and did not have to worry about people walking up and down the hall all hours of the night. We were close to the bus stop which was nice. The bus system is slow though, so renting a car Is more ideal if you can afford it. Taking the bus only cost about $10 a day, vs 50+ for a car. That made the bus worth it. Because we were there during New Years, it was a bit noisy on New Years Eve night, and the neighbors had friends over for a night or 2, but it was definitely more peaceful than staying in Waikiki or any other hotel. Thank you Mishael for having this available. Oh and there were no bugs at all, though we expected them and the temperatures in the apartment were just about perfect most of the nights.
This place was just about perfect for my husband and I. The location was great for visiting our family in Waikele, as well as being centrally located on the island so we could get to all of the sights quite easily. The apartment was just as pictured on the website -- not a luxury accommodation, but definitely adequate for our needs. It has the best bed ever -- very comfy! The lanai was a wonderful place to relax -- pleasantly cool and breezy. When we had questions, Julian responded right away.
Thank you, Shelley, and we appreciate you guys as well, for being positive, great guests. Julian is a fantastic general manager and we feel blessed for our great cleaning/repair crew who make it possible for our guests to have a good time in Hawaii. Wishing you both the best in future travels!
I had a great relaxing weekend stay. The studio is very spacious and centrally located with easy access to everything if you're renting a car. I would definitely visit again.
We absolutely loved the rental and especially the location. We have family close by so it was perfect for us. Mishael was wonderful and so pleasant to work with. We will not hesitate to rent from her again! We also feel like she's family now.
There are few guests that hosts will end up feeling like they are long-lost family. George and Helen, with their overwhelming positive spirits and attitude-of-gratitude, quickly made themselves part of our family. Thank you, George and Helen, for the visit and we look forward to seeing you guys next year, with your son, hopefully! Much aloha and blessings, always....
We had a good time in Hawaii and the property was nice. We were left alone for all seven days of our stay. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Hawaii.