Charming Castro Studio is 1-block from Castro St, perfect location, quiet, spotless on a quiet tree lined street. The Studio has a beautiful serenity garden currently with Hummingbirds nesting. There's lots of natural light, ECO-Green, Bamboo floors.
Castro Studio with real bed, perfect location, quiet and spotless.
*Note - the Studio is an ideal location if you require a shuttle to Silicon Valley. Shuttle buses for Goog/Apple/Genetech/Yhoo/are just around the corner. Guests like to stay with us due to prime location to company shuttles.
Charming Castro Studio is 1-block from Castro St, perfect location, quiet and spotless on a quiet tree lined street. The studio has a REAL BED and is brand new designed and built by a well know architect. Lots of natural light, ECO-Green. Bamboo floors, Natural Granite and Marble, Travertine stone, gas fireplace, 50" wall-mounted flat screen TV, Netflix in case you want to get cozy and watch a movie, high speed internet WiFi, Apple iPhone chargers and Bose sound system, beautiful private garden with natural organic water feature made of out stone. Upon entering through your own private entrance you will suddenly feel tranquil as you experience the beautiful garden. Sip coffee or tea while listening to the birds in the private garden while smelling the scent of Jasmine and Honeysuckle flowers.
• Whole Foods Castro (Market & Dolores)
• Mollie Stone's (on 18th)
• Bi-rite (on 18th) *healthy, vegan
• 7-11 (Noe & 18th) open 24hrs
• 17th & Noe Market
• Cafe Flore (Noe & Market)
• Beso's (on 18th) *new
• Anchor Oyster Bar (on Castro)
• Dante's Table (on Castro)
• Fable (on Castro)
• Osaka (on Castro)
• Frances (on 17th)
• Hi Tops (on Market) *sports bar
• Bar Tartine (Dolores & 18th)
• Delfina's (on 18th)
• Eureka Grill (on 18th)
• Poesia (on 18th)
• Gyro (18th & Castro) open till 3am
DRINK & DANCE
• Midnight Sun (on 18th)
• The Mix (on 18th)
• Moby Dick (on 18th)
• Badlands (on 18th)
• Toad Hall (on 18th)
• The Edge (on 18th)
• QBar (on Castro)
• 440 (on Castro)
• The Café (on Market)
COFFEE & TEA
• Reveille Coffee (on 18th) *new
• Espressamente Illy cafe
• Philz Coffee (on 18th)
• Samavor Tea Room (on 18th)
• Starbucks (on 18th)
• Peet’s (on Market)
• Blush (on Castro)
• Swirl (on Castro)
GO TO EVENTS
• Castro Theatre
• Dolores Park
• GLBT History Museum
• Harvey Milk Museum
• Castro Walking Tours on History
• Castro Farmers Market every Wednesday 4-8pm
• Castro Street Fair 1st weekend October
• Castro Halloween in October
This is one of the best locations in the Castro.
• Walkability factor 100%
• Historic F Street Car (17th & Market)
• MUNI subway at (Castro & Market)
• Uber app on iPhone
• Walk to the Mission, Valencia St Restaurants
• Walk to Haight & Ashbury
• Easy access to Downtown San Francisco
• Union Square
• The Ferry Building
• Take the Ferry to Sausalito or Tiburon for lunch
• The Embarcadero Waterfront
• SF Giants at AT&T Ballpark
• Explore North Beach
• Provide a great value
• Superb Castro location
• An impeccably clean space
• Expertise on the city if you want
• Assistance if you need it. Peace and quiet if you don't
• Easy access to public transit options
• Flexible check in and check out
• A quiet smoke free space
The Studio and Garden.
Interaction with Guests
Guests will "self check-in" through a private key code that will be provided to you once your reservation is confirmed. Please look for the key codes in the "House Manual". Host can make arrangements to meet if you need further assistance. Host is available by text 24/7.
The Castro is a neighborhood of economic success that brings in capital all year round with many events catered to the gay community along with everyday business.
The Castro is a “thriving marketplace for all things gay” meaning there are gay cafes, gay theatres, gay shopping malls, and all other possible amenities with the word “gay” placed before it to make it a specialty establishment aimed at gay consumers. These establishments make the Castro an area of high spending and lead to high tourist traffic. Local residents to the area are not the only people who frequent the streets of the Castro. People travel from outside the city to visit the shops and restaurants as well as the events that take place such as the Castro Street Fair. Travelers make the trek from all over to experience this annual event and though it is advertised as LGBT, that does not stop heterosexual people from attending and partaking in the festivities. Events such as the Castro Street Fair drum up business for the community and bring in people from all over the world who visit solely for the atmosphere the Castro offers.
Walk - you can walk everywhere
MUNI - subway is around the corner
Uber - download Uber app for your phone
Ferry - take the ferry to Sausalito or Tiburon
Cable cars - in Union Square
Bart - if you need to go East or South
PARKING: You don't need a car to get around. Parking is Street Parking only, 1st come, 1st served in 2-hour increments between 8AM-6PM, MONDAY-FRIDAY. Street cleaning is every THURSDAY between 12 NOON-2PM. There is no long term parking available.
Other Things to Note
No cable TV in Studio. You get local TV channels NBC, CBS, KQED, FOX, KRON.
FREE Wifi in Studio. Look for userid and password in the "House Manual" when your reservation is confirmed.
CHECK IN rules
• Check in 3PM or later.
• Use key codes provided in the "House Manual" to self check-in to the property.
• For luggage drop off before 3PM contact host to make arrangements.
DURING YOUR STAY
• NO smoking (of any kind) allowed in Studio or Garden.
• You can smoke outside on the sidewalk.
• Please wash, dry, & stow all of your used dining accessories after use.
• Please dispose of your garbage in bins on property.
CHECK OUT rules
• Check out is 12 NOON
• Remove used bed linens and put on floor upon check out.
• Remove used towels and put on shower floor upon check out.
• Remove used food from Refrigerator dispose in garbage bins.
• Please wash, dry, & stow all dining accessories after use.
• Please dispose of your garbage in bins on property.
• Look under bed upon exit so nothing is left behind.
• Make sure doors are locked behind you when you leave.
• Contact host tell them you have checked out of the Studio.
We spent a lovely time in San Francisco thank to this flat. The location is ideal and right in the centre of Castro, full of eat-outs and amenities. Also, the area has a lot of connections through public transportation.
Great apartment, very quite, perfect setting in the neighbourhood.
Host very easy and responsive, highly recommended !
Jans place is amazing and I defenitely would recommend it! The studio is well-located, quiet and super cozy and decorated with a lot of taste. It had all we needed and the fireplace worked fine, the patio is beautiful and everything was clean. I've never met Jan, but she was always available via e-mail or phone.
Thank you Jan, we had a great time!
The apartment is exactly as seen in the photos. It is very comfortable and cosy. The bed's mattress is exceptional and the fireplace is a nice extra touch. As for location, it can't be beat. I definitely recommend it.
I adored this little apartment, probably one of my favorite Airbnb places. Everything is nearly perfect...(i had to learn the lights a bit..that's it! ) good fast internet, super clean, lots of towels, clean kitchen, fantastic. Totally recommended
This place is exactly as written on AirBnb. The perfect location for a business trip or to discover San Francisco.
Vi følte oss svært velkomne. Leiligheten har god standard og beliggenheten er fortreffelig! Et hyggelig sted i hjerte av Castro.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I've lived in the Castro for 26 years and love it! The house is centrally located in the Castro district of San Francisco in the Castro village (flat ground no hills). It has a "walk score" of 100 out of 100! and transportation score of 98 out of 100. Within 1/2 block of fantastic restaurants, shops, clubs and bars! Dolores Park, Duboce Park, Castro movie theater are less than 5 minutes away. Yet, in the middle of all this action, I live on a very quiet tree lined street.
I grew up in Honolulu and have traveled extensively to Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, British Virgin Islands, St Barths, Berlin, Munich, Braunschweig, Germany, Tuscany Italy, and London. I lived in Sydney Australia for a couple of years. Worked in Braunschweig Germany for two and a half years. I love to travel and meet new people and experience different cultures.
I don't offer just a place to sleep but a friendly, quiet, warm environment where you can relax after long hours of sightseeing, sip a glass of wine in the beautiful garden or just soak up the sun.