Your own 900 sq ft guest suite includes a kitchenette, private entrance, fast WiFi, and all cable channels. A new neighborhood filled with beautiful landscaping surrounds our house, built in 2006. Drive to most Eugene attractions within 5-10 minutes.
Our 3,000 square foot house, built in 2006, has a 900 square foot guest suite on the lower level, reserved exclusively for your own use. A private entrance to your guest suite leads to a patio and a nicely landscaped cul-de-sac.
The Layout and What's Private
Your guest suite includes a fully private entrance, bedroom and bathroom, plus a family room and kitchenette that are visually separated from the upper level by a stairwell that bends midway. Nobody else besides you will use the lower level of our house during your visit. We live and work upstairs, the main floor of our house, and we enter and exit through our own front door. We're usually available upstairs for information about Eugene or anything else you need, yet we fully respect your privacy.
Smoke & Vapor Free Indoors & Outdoors
For details, please click the House Rules section below.
• A quiet respite tucked inside southeast Eugene, within a charming little valley surrounded by tall evergreen trees
• Drive to UO in 4 or 8 minutes, either through major roadways (the short way) or via Hendricks Park, a majestic forest (the long way)
Guest Suite Details
• Spacious 9-foot ceilings throughout the guest suite
• A total of 6 sunny windows, including 3 from floor to ceiling. An exception: 7 months of the year the windows aren't so sunny :)
• A new, full-sized bed with a pillow-top mattress, plus an optional twin-sized firm-foam mattress for an additional guest (the optional mattress lies on thick-padded carpeting, which we can locate in the bedroom or the family room, or we can remove it, depending on your preference)
• The bedroom also includes a large dresser, a night stand, a desk, a swivel chair, and a walk-in closet
• The kitchenette includes a stove top with 2 burners, a microwave, a toaster oven, a dishwasher, a 3-foot tall refrigerator with mini-freezer, plus dishes, silverware, pots, pans and a French press
• Coffee, a variety of teas, and some snacks provided
• A bathroom tiled in travertine, with double sinks, wall sconces, towels, and common amenities, such as a hair dryer
• A family room with a DVD player and a 52” HDTV with hundreds of cable channels for free, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, PBS, Disney, Nickelodeon, and ESPN
• An exercise bicycle and many nearby hiking trails
• High speed 20 mbps WiFi access
• Climate-controlled central air conditioning and heating
• Free washer and dryer available upstairs
• Free and easy street parking
• E-mail Amy and Mark, your friendly hosts, if you have questions
We offer the lower level of our house exclusively for your own use, including your own private entrance. Our guest suite excludes a second bedroom on your floor, which we reserve for our daughter, a college junior who lives in the Bay Area (we don't book Airbnb guests during her visits). We reserve all other rooms on the lower floor for your own use, about 900 square feet altogether.
Interaction with Guests
We're usually available to serve our guests 24/7. We also spend as much or as little time with our guests as they prefer, at least as time allows (we also work long hours on our main business, which we operate from the upper level of our house.
We live in East Ridge Village, a quiet and beautifully landscaped neighborhood in the upper end of Laurel Hill Valley with custom houses built in 2005 or later (our house was built in 2006). We're at the very edge of the city limits, so we have all city amenities, yet our secluded little valley remains hidden from the rest of the city. We have two city parks within a couple of short blocks from our house, one that's landscaped with grass and trees, and the other remains natural open space filled with hiking trails. Tall Douglas Fir trees surround our quaint valley, so it feels very cozy. The interstate highway is only a half mile away for quick access to everything Eugene and Oregon, yet its on the other side of the hill, so the neighborhood remains quiet and peaceful.
The Surrounding Area
A 5-minute drive to the 12,000-seat Matt Knight Arena and performance venue, the 10,000-seat Hayward track stadium, the UO Natural History Museum, the Schnitzer Art Museum, and the 12-acre Rhododendrun Garden of Hendricks Park. Also 10 minutes or less to 52 restaurants, 20 coffee and tea houses, Downtown Eugene, the local Saturday Market, upscale shopping at Oakway Center and 5th Street Public Market, 2 regional malls, the 2,500-seat Hult Performing Arts Center, the 4,000-seat Cuthbert Amphitheater, the 60,000-seat Autzen football stadium, the 4,000-seat PK Park baseball stadium, the Willamette river and waterfront parks, a 9-acre rose garden, much of the 14-mile Ridgeline National Recreation Trail, both Bijou Arts Cinema locations, the David Minor Theater, and the state-of-the-art Riverbend Medical Center built in 2008. Plus, a 1-minute drive to Interstate 5 for quick access to Everything Eugene.
Public buses stop within a couple of short blocks from our house and provide access to everywhere in the Eugene area. We're also 4 minutes from the university by car, and 10 minutes from downtown Eugene.
- If you smoke or vape, please don't request a reservation, even if you always go outdoors. The reason: we support family members and guests who dislike smoke and vapor, including smells and particles that cling to clothes and transfer from them.
- No illicit drugs and reasonable sobriety at all times throughout the premises, including outdoors.
- No pets or clothes with clinging pet fur (we adore pets, but from afar).
- Please remove your shoes at the door.
- No noises that would disturb neighbors, their pets or nearby wildlife.
- Our crime rate is low, but please lock the door.
- Come and go as you please through a private entrance on the cul-de-sac side of the house.
- Please inform us about visitors before they arrive.
- Our guest suite excludes the second bedroom on the lower level, which we reserve for our daughter (we don't book Airbnb guests during her visits from college).
- Your linens will be fresh when you arrive, but we don’t offer daily maid service.
- We appreciate neatness.
- Children under age 12 must be supervised by you or a capable babysitter at all times.
- If you have a child under age 3, please let us know, so we can baby proof the guest suite before your arrival.
- For long-term reservations, we clean your guest suite weekly at a mutually convenient time, and you can use our upstairs washer and dryer for free.
Great place! So glad to meet Amy & Mark ! Would love to stay with them again!
Amy and Mark have a beautiful and super comfortable space. My mother and I were making the long drive home from Southern California and stopped in Eugene to get some much needed rest and watch the Super Bowl! We were able to do both without leaving our comfortable suite. The place is immaculate and set up with everything you could need. There were some very nice extra touches as well... Biscotti to have with your tea or coffee and chocolates by the bed. They even provided me with an ice pack for my swollen knee! Amy and Mark are very gracious hosts and I would recommend this place to anyone heading through Eugene :)
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay while we visited our son. We were warmly greeted with smiles. The entrance is private and our vehicle was parked within eye's view. Good thing, the truckbed was packed for our son's move and was completely safe and untampered with in the manicured cul-de-sac.
Fresh fruit and biscotti was quickly devoured- thank you. We were so busy with the moving process, I didn't have time to use the exercise bike; however I plan to visit in the future and the bikes will get some miles.
We highly recommend staying with Amy and Mark.
Amy & Mark were friendly gracious hosts. The rental space is new, clean, and comfortable. Very easy freeway access to UO, downtown Eugene, and Springfield. There were those little special touches that indicates these folks know how to run an airbnb.
Loved my stay in this fantastic spacious space! Parking right outside and easy access through private entrance. Mark & Amy were very friendly and wonderful to meet. I enjoyed the kitchen with a great selection of teas and coffee, fresh fruit, etc. Great closet with iron & ironing board which was important to me as I'm working. Very quiet and very close to everything. I would highly recommend this AirBnB for anyone coming to Eugene! Have fun!
The space was perfect for us and Amy and Mark were charming and helpful hosts. We will happily stay there whenever we visit Eugene.
We operate a business from our home that helps small and medium-sized natural product makers grow larger. We moved to Eugene from Silicon Valley 6 years ago to enjoy a more intimate university town, and 2 years ago our daughter returned to the Bay Area for college. Amy plans to operate a charming B&B in the future, leveraging what she learned during her 30-year career, including 15 years in luxury hotel management and 15 years creating and managing natural product brands. Airbnb provides a small step towards Amy’s vision, so we enjoy offering our hospitality to travelers and sharing what we love about Eugene. We'll get to know you as much or as little as you want, and as time permits . . . .