About This Listing
Our 900 square foot guest suite offers a private entrance, kitchenette, full bathroom, fast WiFi and all cable channels. The neighborhood: beautiful landscaping, new houses, and a lovely park. Drive to most Eugene attractions within 5 to 10 minutes.
Our 3,000 square foot house, built in 2006, has a 900 square foot guest suite on the lower level, reserved exclusively for your own use. A private entrance to the guest suite leads to a patio and a nicely landscaped cul-de-sac.
The Layout and What's Private
Our guest suite includes a fully private bedroom and bathroom, and you also get a family room and kitchenette that are visually separated from the upper level by an open stairwell that bends midway, with full privacy limited to the bedroom and bathroom. Altogether, you get about 900 square feet for your exclusive use, so nobody else will use the lower level of our house during your visit. You also get your own private entrance from the cul-de-sac side of our corner lot. We live and work on the upper level, the main floor of our house, and we have our own entrance that's separate from your entryway. Your guest suite excludes a second bedroom on the lower level that we reserve for our daughter, a college student, who visits from California when we don't have Airbnb guests.
Smoke & Vapor Free Indoors & Outdoors
For details, please see the House Rules section below.
• A quiet respite tucked inside southeast Eugene, within a charming little valley surrounded by tall evergreen trees
• Drive to UO in 4 or 8 minutes, either through major roadways (the short way) or via Hendricks Park, a majestic forest (the long way)
Guest Suite Details
• The bedroom includes a new queen-sized firm bed. We also have an optional twin-sized, firm-foam mattress for one additional guest that's unusually comfortable; you can place this portable mattress anywhere on the thick-padded carpeting, either in the bedroom or the family room.
• Spacious 9-foot ceilings throughout the guest suite
• 6 sunny windows, including 3 that span the floor-to-ceiling (a caveat: 7 months of the year the windows aren't so sunny :)
• The bedroom includes a large dresser, a night stand, a desk, a swivel chair, and a walk-in closet
• The kitchenette includes a stove top with 1 burner, a microwave, a toaster oven, a dishwasher, a 3-foot tall refrigerator with mini-freezer, plus dishes, silverware, pots, pans and a French press
• Both ground and instant coffee, a variety of teas, and some snacks
• A bathroom tiled in travertine, with double sinks, wall sconces, towels, and common amenities, such as a hair dryer
• A family room with a DVD player and a 52” HDTV with hundreds of cable channels for free, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, PBS, Disney, Nickelodeon, ESPN, and many On Demand movies, documentaries, and other shows.
• An exercise bicycle and many nearby hiking trails
• High speed 20 mbps WiFi access
• You may set whatever temperature you want since each level of our house has separate climate control settings
• Free washer and dryer available upstairs
• Free and convenient street parking
• Message Amy and Mark, your friendly hosts, if you have any questions
Please see The Layout and What's Private section above.
Interaction with Guests
We're usually available to provide information about Eugene or anything else you need, or to just have a friendly conversation. We fully respect your privacy, so we spend as much or as little time with our guests as they prefer, at least as our own time allows (we work long hours on our main business, which we quietly operate from the upper level of our house).
We're in the middle of East Ridge Village, a quiet and beautifully landscaped residential neighborhood in the upper end of Laurel Hill Valley, with custom houses built in 2005 or later (our house was built in 2006). We're near the edge of the city limits, so we have all urban amenities, yet our secluded little valley remains hidden from the rest of Eugene. We have two city parks within a couple of short blocks from our house, one that's landscaped with grass and trees, and the other remains natural open space filled with hiking trails. Tall Douglas Fir trees surround our quaint valley, so it feels very cozy. The interstate highway is only a half mile away for quick access to everything Eugene and Oregon, yet a forested hill separates Laurel Hill Valley from the rest of Eugene, so our neighborhood remains quiet and peaceful.
The Surrounding Area
A 5-minute drive to the 12,000-seat Matt Knight Arena and performance venue, the 10,000-seat Hayward track stadium, the UO Natural History Museum, the Schnitzer Art Museum, and the 12-acre Rhododendrun Garden of Hendricks Park. Also 10 minutes or less to 52 restaurants, 20 coffee and tea houses, Downtown Eugene, the local Saturday Market, upscale shopping at Oakway Center and 5th Street Public Market, 2 regional malls, the 2,500-seat Hult Performing Arts Center, the 4,000-seat Cuthbert Amphitheater, the 60,000-seat Autzen football stadium, the 4,000-seat PK Park baseball stadium, the Willamette river and waterfront parks, a 9-acre rose garden, much of the 14-mile Ridgeline National Recreation Trail, both Bijou Arts Cinema locations, the David Minor Theater, and the state-of-the-art Riverbend Medical Center built in 2008. Plus, a 1-minute drive to Interstate 5 for quick access to Everything Eugene.
You can drive to most Eugene destinations within 10 minutes from our house, and all destinations, including the airport, are within 20 minutes by car. We're also 4 minutes from the university by car, and 10 minutes from downtown Eugene. Public buses stop within a couple of short blocks from our house and they get you within walking distance to just about everywhere in the Eugene area. We also have several taxi services that typically arrive within minutes after a phone request, and there's a shuttle service to and from the airport. Amtrak and the state-of-the art BoltBus will take you to Portland and many other cities beyond Eugene.
- If you smoke or vape, please don't request a reservation, even if you always go outdoors. The reason: we support family members and guests who dislike smoke and vapor, including smells and particles that cling to clothes and transfer from them.
- Please let us know your ETA at least several hours before your arrival to ensure one or both of us can greet you and provide the key.
- No illicit drugs and reasonable sobriety at all times throughout the premises, including outdoors.
- No pets or clothes with clinging pet fur (we adore pets, but from afar).
- Please remove your shoes at the door.
- No noises that would disturb neighbors, their pets or nearby wildlife.
- The crime rate in Eugene's Laurel Hill Valley is very low, but please lock the door anyway.
- Come and go as you please through a private entrance on the cul-de-sac side of the house.
- Please inform us about visitors before they arrive.
- Our guest suite excludes the second bedroom on the lower level, which we reserve for our daughter (we don't book Airbnb guests during her visits from college).
- Your linens will be fresh when you arrive, but we don’t offer daily maid service.
- We appreciate neatness.
- Children under age 12 must be supervised by you or a capable babysitter at all times.
- If you have a child under age 3, please let us know, so we can baby proof the guest suite before your arrival.
- For long-term reservations, we clean your guest suite weekly at a mutually convenient time, and you can use our upstairs washer and dryer for free.
The family room is yours to enjoy. Includes a 52” TV with all premium cable channels and a DVD player, an exercise bicycle and plenty of room to relax.
Very nice couple and very nice house too, clean spacious and private, vey nice neighborhood if I come back to eugene I will definitely will come back again
Amy was great! We arrived late but she was very accommodating and welcoming. The place was very spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Little touches like the fruit bowl and popcorn made it seem more homey. It was close to the University and was in a nice neighborhood.
Even though I arrived a couple hours earlier than expected, Amy was incredibly gracious and welcomed me to their stunning and spacious guest studio. We quickly discovered we had things in common and before you knew it we heading out to dinner together. It was so nice to have her company and be introduced to a perfect restaurant and, better yet, to the best local ice cream in town.
Every detail in the suite was exceptional - from the basket of fresh fruit, the amenities in the bathroom (everything you would find in a high end hotel), to the dark chocolate on the bedside table. Also, it was so much more than just a private room - it had adjacent living room area, kitchen, and large bathroom!
Amy and Mark are warm and friendly and we loved the guest suite. It is roomy, immaculate and had everything we needed for a very comfortable stay. Set in a very pretty little neighborhood a short drive from the U of O. We appreciated and enjoyed the fresh fruit and coffee and the ability to park right by the entrance to the suite.
This was the first place I booked on airbnb, and I was immediately impressed with how nice and responsive Amy and Mark were before I even arrived, offering ideas on great places to eat. Their house is in a lovely, quiet neighborhood not far from Interstate 5, which made it convenient to get to both the north and south sides of Eugene. The large suite downstairs is all yours; it’s comfortable, spacious and clean, and the separate bedroom has a new, firm bed, which I found comfortable during my 5 night stay. The kitchen is convenient; I made eggs for breakfast every morning. Amy and Mark add many special touches to make your stay enjoyable, like 2 dark chocolates by the bed, and it is clear they enjoy hosting. They are a really delightful couple. I was there to attend a workshop that kept me busy every day, and they were very considerate of my privacy when I returned each night. Fortunately, we had time for a few nice conversations, which I totally enjoyed. I would definitely stay there again, and hope to return to Eugene at some point for a more leisurely stay.
About the Host, Amy & Mark
We operate a business from our home that helps small and medium-sized natural product makers grow larger. We moved to Eugene from Silicon Valley 6 years ago to enjoy a more intimate university town, and 2 years ago our daughter returned to the Bay Area for college. Amy plans to operate a charming B&B in the future, leveraging what she learned during her 30-year career, including 15 years in luxury hotel management and 15 years creating and managing natural product brands. Airbnb provides a small step towards Amy’s vision, so we enjoy offering our hospitality to travelers and sharing what we love about Eugene. We'll get to know you as much or as little as you want, and as time permits . . . .
Eugenes oldest city park; 80 acres includes a world-renowned rhododendron garden and a native plant garden. Great place to walk or picnic.Summit Avenue Eugene OR 97401
In a vintage house near campus; homemade pasta cant be beat. If the weather is good, the desk is a great dining spot.E 19th Ave Eugene OR 97403
A simple menu: burgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, truffle fries, and floats. Open daily 11a-9pOrchard Street Eugene OR 97403
Good food, fun atmosphere.Villard Street Eugene OR 97403
Great little bistro and bar. Features signature cocktails, local microbrews and Northwest Wines. Dont miss the NW Mac Cheese.Agate Alley Eugene OR 97403
Closest market; good selection of prepared foods and salad bar. Not the biggest market in town, but all the basics are here.Franklin Boulevard Eugene OR 97403
One of the worlds most famous track and field venues.Eugene OR
Go Ducks!E 13th Ave Eugene OR 97403
A lunch buffet featuring over 30 items. Offers vegetarian options.Franklin Boulevard Eugene OR 97403
Authentic family-owned Sicilian-style Italian restaurant in South Eugene.E Amazon Dr Eugene OR 97405
Eugenes largest developed park. Perfect place to bike, jog, walk, picnic, or just sit by the pond and feed the ducks. Walking along the river path is particularly lovely.Eugene Oregon
A new, innovative menu every week in a cozy setting, led by one of Eugenes most acclaimed chefs. Priced higher than Eugenes other restaurants.Hilyard St Eugene OR 97405
A nice collection of Asian Art. Not the biggest art museum, but certainly a nice one to visit.Johnson Ln Eugene OR 97403
A 4-mile walking and running trail named after U of O heralded athlete Steve Prefontaine.Pre's Trail Eugene OR 97401
Great place for weekend breakfast or brunch. Lovely outdoor seating area.Alder Street Eugene OR 97401
A charming European-style restaurant. If the weather is good, be sure to sit outside. Excelsiors 5-acre farm provides most of the produce for the restaurant. A nice special-occassion restaurant.East 13th Avenue Eugene OR 97401
A must when visiting Eugene! Beans and rice (and other items) never tasted better. The Yumm bowls feature their special Yumm sauce, which people either LOVE or hate!E Broadway Eugene OR 97401
Great baseball stadium with good food and a beer garden down the first base line. A lovely way to spend a summer evening.Eugene OR
Freshly made mozzarella! Authentic Italian pizza, formed by hand and baked for 60-90 seconds in an oak, wood-stoked oven.Pearl Street Eugene OR 97401-3523
Seasonal menu; unique, contemporary menu. Reservations recommended.East Broadway Eugene OR 97401
Elegant bistro featuring seasonal Northwest ingredients with a French accent. Constantly revolving menu features locally grown and gathered ingredients, complemented by a superior wine list.East 5th Avenue Eugene OR 97401
Liege waffles, a traditional type of yeasted waffle from Belgium. Crispy and sweet, with a choice of creative, toppings.Willamette St Eugene OR 97401
Diverse menu; great for lunch, dinner or brunch. They have a great happy hour from 3-6p, which includes most of their favorite dishes. Fabulous drink menu.E 5th Ave Eugene OR 97401
Great burgers and salads.East 5th Avenue Eugene OR 97401
Great Mediterranean food!West 13th Avenue Eugene OR 97401
A very charming, romantic setting nestled against Skinners Butte. Terrific food and open for dinner Wed through Sat.Pearl St Eugene OR 97401
A beautiful Victorian home with an interesting history. Fabulous docents. A great tour that leaves you with a nice overview of Eugenes history.Willamette St Eugene OR 97401
Very small, so the wait can be long. Best to call in advance. Small plates, so be ready to try a lot and share.Shelton Mcmurphey Blvd Eugene OR 97401
Hearty vegan cuisine. 50s dinner-style, featuring hearty, comfort (mostly organic) foods.W 7th Ave Eugene OR 97404
Amazing food served in a beautiful renovated home. Features a weekly four-course feast featuring local farm and orchard ingredients. Lovely outdoor deck.West 3rd Avenue Eugene OR 97402