Your own 900 sq ft guest suite includes a private entrance, kitchenette, full bathroom, fast WiFi and all cable channels. The neighborhood: beautiful landscaping, new houses, and a lovely park. Drive to most Eugene attractions within 5-10 minutes.
Our 3,000 square foot house, built in 2006, has a 900 square foot guest suite on the lower level, reserved exclusively for your own use. A private entrance to your guest suite leads to a patio and a nicely landscaped cul-de-sac.
The Layout and What's Private
Our guest suite includes a fully private bedroom and bathroom. You also get exclusive use of a family room and kitchenette that are visually separated from the upper level by a stairwell that bends midway, with full privacy limited to the bedroom and bathroom. Altogether, you get about 900 square feet for your exclusive use. Other than you, nobody else will use the lower level of our house during your visit, and you also get your own private entrance from the cul-de-sac side of our corner lot. We live and work on the upper level, the main floor of our house. The front door on our level opens to an upper street that adjoins the lower cul-de-sac outside your own private entrance. Your space includes the entire lower level of our house, except a second bedroom that we reserve for our daughter, a college student, who doesn't visit when we have Airbnb guests. We're usually available upstairs for information about Eugene or anything else you need, yet we fully respect your privacy.
Smoke & Vapor Free Indoors & Outdoors
For details, please click the House Rules section below.
• A quiet respite tucked inside southeast Eugene, within a charming little valley surrounded by tall evergreen trees
• Drive to UO in 4 or 8 minutes, either through major roadways (the short way) or via Hendricks Park, a majestic forest (the long way)
Guest Suite Details
• Spacious 9-foot ceilings throughout the guest suite
• A total of 6 sunny windows, including 3 from floor to ceiling. An exception: 7 months of the year the windows aren't so sunny :)
• A new, full-sized bed with a pillow-top mattress, plus an optional twin-sized firm-foam mattress for an additional guest (the optional mattress lies on thick-padded carpeting, which we can locate in the bedroom or the family room, or we can remove it, depending on your preference)
• The bedroom also includes a large dresser, a night stand, a desk, a swivel chair, and a walk-in closet
• The kitchenette includes a stove top with 2 burners, a microwave, a toaster oven, a dishwasher, a 3-foot tall refrigerator with mini-freezer, plus dishes, silverware, pots, pans and a French press
• Coffee, a variety of teas, and some snacks provided
• A bathroom tiled in travertine, with double sinks, wall sconces, towels, and common amenities, such as a hair dryer
• A family room with a DVD player and a 52” HDTV with hundreds of cable channels for free, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, PBS, Disney, Nickelodeon, and ESPN
• An exercise bicycle and many nearby hiking trails
• High speed 20 mbps WiFi access
• Climate-controlled central air conditioning and heating
• Free washer and dryer available upstairs
• Free and easy street parking
• E-mail Amy and Mark, your friendly hosts, if you have questions
Please see The Layout and What's Private section above.
Interaction with Guests
We're usually available to serve our guests 24/7. We also spend as much or as little time with our guests as they prefer, at least as our time allows (we work long hours on our main business, which we quietly operate from the upper level of our house).
We're in the middle of East Ridge Village, a quiet and beautifully landscaped residential neighborhood in the upper end of Laurel Hill Valley, with custom houses built in 2005 or later (our house was built in 2006). We're near the edge of the city limits, so we have all urban amenities, yet our secluded little valley remains hidden from the rest of Eugene. We have two city parks within a couple of short blocks from our house, one that's landscaped with grass and trees, and the other remains natural open space filled with hiking trails. Tall Douglas Fir trees surround our quaint valley, so it feels very cozy. The interstate highway is only a half mile away for quick access to everything Eugene and Oregon, yet a forested hill separates Laurel Hill Valley from the rest of Eugene, so our neighborhood remains quiet and peaceful.
The Surrounding Area
A 5-minute drive to the 12,000-seat Matt Knight Arena and performance venue, the 10,000-seat Hayward track stadium, the UO Natural History Museum, the Schnitzer Art Museum, and the 12-acre Rhododendrun Garden of Hendricks Park. Also 10 minutes or less to 52 restaurants, 20 coffee and tea houses, Downtown Eugene, the local Saturday Market, upscale shopping at Oakway Center and 5th Street Public Market, 2 regional malls, the 2,500-seat Hult Performing Arts Center, the 4,000-seat Cuthbert Amphitheater, the 60,000-seat Autzen football stadium, the 4,000-seat PK Park baseball stadium, the Willamette river and waterfront parks, a 9-acre rose garden, much of the 14-mile Ridgeline National Recreation Trail, both Bijou Arts Cinema locations, the David Minor Theater, and the state-of-the-art Riverbend Medical Center built in 2008. Plus, a 1-minute drive to Interstate 5 for quick access to Everything Eugene.
You can drive to most Eugene destinations within 10 minutes from our house, and all destinations, including the airport, are within 20 minutes by car. We're also 4 minutes from the university by car, and 10 minutes from downtown Eugene. Public buses stop within a couple of short blocks from our house and they get you within walking distance to just about everywhere in the Eugene area. We also have several taxi services that typically arrive within minutes after a phone request, and there's a shuttle service to and from the airport. Amtrak and the state-of-the art BoltBus will take you to Portland and many other cities beyond Eugene.
- If you smoke or vape, please don't request a reservation, even if you always go outdoors. The reason: we support family members and guests who dislike smoke and vapor, including smells and particles that cling to clothes and transfer from them.
- No illicit drugs and reasonable sobriety at all times throughout the premises, including outdoors.
- No pets or clothes with clinging pet fur (we adore pets, but from afar).
- Please remove your shoes at the door.
- No noises that would disturb neighbors, their pets or nearby wildlife.
- Our crime rate is low, but please lock the door.
- Come and go as you please through a private entrance on the cul-de-sac side of the house.
- Please inform us about visitors before they arrive.
- Our guest suite excludes the second bedroom on the lower level, which we reserve for our daughter (we don't book Airbnb guests during her visits from college).
- Your linens will be fresh when you arrive, but we don’t offer daily maid service.
- We appreciate neatness.
- Children under age 12 must be supervised by you or a capable babysitter at all times.
- If you have a child under age 3, please let us know, so we can baby proof the guest suite before your arrival.
- For long-term reservations, we clean your guest suite weekly at a mutually convenient time, and you can use our upstairs washer and dryer for free.
Wonderful home and wonderful hosts. Modern, clean living space with comfortable amenities. Nice quiet neighborhood with close parking and quick access to I-5 corridor. Functional kitchen, great bathroom, comfortable bedroom and couch/TV in living area. If you're fine with a full size bed, this is perfect. We were hardly there except to sleep and shower, but it was a great stay nonetheless. Upon our arrival, Amy and Mark gave us a warm welcome and a quick look around. One noteworthy point is that there is an open stairwell leading up to the hosts' main floor, but you cannot see the upstairs from the downstairs, and you cannot see the downstairs from upstairs. My wife and I are private people and initially worried about this, but the suite is cozy, private, and Amy and Mark are incredibly respectful. 10/10, would stay again!
My 5-month old and I stayed for two nights. The space was very clean and comfortable. Amy and Mark were helpful in directing me to some great dinner spots that delivered. Their house is very easy to get to off of I-5. I didn't realize from the description that there is no door separating the basement from the upstairs. Since I was staying with my baby, I worried a lot about our noise traveling upstairs. All in all though, it was a nice place to stay and I enjoyed chatting briefly with Amy and Mark.
Great host & location! Spacious unit. Thanks for everything, hope to see you soon.
This home is situated in a beautiful part of Eugene that I never even knew existed! It is like a secret garden. Yet it is very close to University of Oregon, where my daughter and I were visiting. Mark and Amy were very welcoming and accommodating with our hectic schedule to pick up the keys. The place was just as described. Very clean and a large space that is comparable to a five star hotel room. Thanks for a relaxing stay.
The space is exactly as advertised in descriptions and pictures--beautiful, open, clean, and friendly. We were greeted with a fruit bowl, and plentiful coffee with biscotti. Hosts were incredibly responsive to our questions and needs (we hosted a small dinner and needed to borrow more cooking ware the first night). The bed, couches, and bathroom were very comfortable and perfect for a restful stay after long days hiking and conferencing (PIELC).
Great place! So glad to meet Amy & Mark ! Would love to stay with them again!
We operate a business from our home that helps small and medium-sized natural product makers grow larger. We moved to Eugene from Silicon Valley 6 years ago to enjoy a more intimate university town, and 2 years ago our daughter returned to the Bay Area for college. Amy plans to operate a charming B&B in the future, leveraging what she learned during her 30-year career, including 15 years in luxury hotel management and 15 years creating and managing natural product brands. Airbnb provides a small step towards Amy’s vision, so we enjoy offering our hospitality to travelers and sharing what we love about Eugene. We'll get to know you as much or as little as you want, and as time permits . . . .