About this listing
Our 900 square foot guest suite offers a private entrance, kitchenette, full bathroom, fast WiFi and all cable channels. The neighborhood: beautiful landscaping, new houses, and a lovely park. Drive to most Eugene attractions within 5 to 10 minutes.
Our 3,000 square foot house, built in 2006, has a 900 square foot guest suite on the lower level, reserved exclusively for your own use. A private entrance to the guest suite leads to a patio and a nicely landscaped cul-de-sac.
The Layout and What's Private
Our guest suite includes a fully private bedroom and bathroom, and you also get a family room and kitchenette that are visually separated from the upper level by an open stairwell that bends midway, with full privacy limited to the bedroom and bathroom. Altogether, you get about 900 square feet for your exclusive use, so nobody else will use the lower level of our house during your visit. You also get your own private entrance from the cul-de-sac side of our corner lot. We live and work on the upper level, the main floor of our house, and we have our own entrance that's separate from your entryway. Your guest suite excludes a second bedroom on the lower level that we reserve for our daughter, a college student, who visits from California when we don't have Airbnb guests.
Smoke & Vapor Free Indoors & Outdoors
For details, please see the House Rules section below.
• A quiet respite tucked inside southeast Eugene, within a charming little valley surrounded by tall evergreen trees
• Drive to UO in 4 or 8 minutes, either through major roadways (the short way) or via Hendricks Park, a majestic forest (the long way)
Guest Suite Details
• The bedroom includes a new queen-sized firm bed. We also have an optional twin-sized, firm-foam mattress for one additional guest that's unusually comfortable; you can place this portable mattress anywhere on the thick-padded carpeting, either in the bedroom or the family room.
• Spacious 9-foot ceilings throughout the guest suite
• 6 sunny windows, including 3 that span the floor-to-ceiling (a caveat: 7 months of the year the windows aren't so sunny :)
• The bedroom includes a large dresser, a night stand, a desk, a swivel chair, and a walk-in closet
• The kitchenette includes a stove top with 2 burners, a microwave, a toaster oven, a dishwasher, a 3-foot tall refrigerator with mini-freezer, plus dishes, silverware, pots, pans and a French press
• Both ground and instant coffee, a variety of teas, and some snacks
• A bathroom tiled in travertine, with double sinks, wall sconces, towels, and common amenities, such as a hair dryer
• A family room with a DVD player and a 52" HDTV with hundreds of cable channels for free, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, PBS, Disney, Nickelodeon, ESPN, and many On Demand movies, documentaries, and other shows.
• Super fast 50 mbps WiFi access
• An exercise bicycle and many nearby hiking trails
• You may set whatever temperature you want since each level of our house has separate climate control settings
• Free washer and dryer available upstairs
• Free and convenient street parking
• Message Amy and Mark, your friendly hosts, if you have any questions
Please see The Layout and What's Private section above.
Interaction with Guests
We're usually available to provide information about Eugene or anything else you need, or to just have a friendly conversation. We fully respect your privacy, so we spend as much or as little time with our guests as they prefer, at least as our own time allows (we work long hours on our main business, which we quietly operate from the upper level of our house).
We're in the middle of East Ridge Village, a quiet and beautifully landscaped residential neighborhood in the upper end of Laurel Hill Valley, with custom houses built in 2005 or later (our house was built in 2006). We're near the edge of the city limits, so we have all urban amenities, yet our secluded little valley remains hidden from the rest of Eugene. We have two city parks within a couple of short blocks from our house, one that's landscaped with grass and trees, and the other remains natural open space filled with hiking trails. A forest filled with tall Douglas Fir trees surrounds our quaint valley, so it feels very cozy. The interstate highway is only a half mile away for quick access to everything Eugene and Oregon, yet the forested hill that separates Laurel Hill Valley from the university and the rest of Eugene helps our neighborhood remain quiet and peaceful.
The Surrounding Area
A 5-minute drive to the 12,000-seat Matt Knight Arena and performance venue, the 10,000-seat Hayward track stadium, the UO Natural History Museum, the Schnitzer Art Museum, and the 12-acre Rhododendrun Garden of Hendricks Park. Also 10 minutes or less to 52 restaurants, 20 coffee and tea houses, Downtown Eugene, the local Saturday Market, upscale shopping at Oakway Center and 5th Street Public Market, 2 regional malls, the 2,500-seat Hult Performing Arts Center, the 4,000-seat Cuthbert Amphitheater, the 60,000-seat Autzen football stadium, the 4,000-seat PK Park baseball stadium, the Willamette river and waterfront parks, a 9-acre rose garden, much of the 14-mile Ridgeline National Recreation Trail, both Bijou Arts Cinema locations, the David Minor Theater, and the state-of-the-art Riverbend Medical Center built in 2008. Plus, a 1-minute drive to Interstate 5 for quick access to Everything Eugene.
You can drive to most Eugene destinations within 10 minutes from our house, and all destinations, including the airport, are within 20 minutes by car. We're also 4 minutes from the university by car, and 10 minutes from downtown Eugene. Public buses stop within a couple of short blocks from our house and they get you within walking distance to just about everywhere in the Eugene area. We also have several taxi services that typically arrive within minutes after a phone request, and there's a shuttle service to and from the airport. Amtrak and the state-of-the art BoltBus will take you to Portland or Seattle.
- If you smoke or vape, please don't request a reservation, even if you always go outdoors. The reason: we support family members and guests who dislike smoke and vapor, including smells and particles that cling to clothes and transfer from them.
- No illicit drugs and reasonable sobriety at all times throughout the premises, including outdoors.
- No pets or clothes with clinging pet fur (we adore pets, but from afar).
- Please let us know your ETA at least several hours before your arrival to ensure one or both of us can greet you and provide the key.
- Please remove your shoes at the door (you may want to bring your luggage after you park so you don't have to put your shoes back on)
- No noises that would disturb neighbors, their pets or nearby wildlife.
- The crime rate in Eugene's Laurel Hill Valley is very low (the lowest rate in the city), but please lock the door anyway.
- Come and go as you please through the private entrance on the cul-de-sac side of the house.
- Please inform us about visitors before they arrive.
- Our guest suite excludes the second bedroom on the lower level, which we reserve for our daughter (we don't book Airbnb guests during her visits from college).
- We appreciate neatness.
- Children under age 12 must be supervised by you or a capable babysitter at all times.
- If you have a child under age 3, please let us know, so we can baby proof the guest suite before your arrival.
- You may use our upstairs washer and dryer for free (just check their availability with us beforehand)
- Your linens will be fresh when you arrive, but we don't offer daily maid service.
- For long-term reservations, we clean your guest suite weekly at a mutually convenient time
The family room is yours to enjoy. Includes a 52” TV with all premium cable channels and a DVD player, an exercise bicycle and plenty of room to relax.