About this listing
This one bedroom apartment is right outside of noisy Waikiki. It is biking distance to the beach and the perfect location. Located right next door to the world famous, Rainbow Drive-in, the apartment also is across the street from a 7eleven. There are plenty of restaurants around.
Parking space included. Internet included. dishes, pots and pans are included. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels provided
Come relax in this beautiful apartment. Very
comfortable queen size pillow-top mattress. The couch is a futon and folds down to accommodate two more people!
washer and dryer on property.
Bikes are at the property!.. Snorkel gear for two included..
Coffee machine included. Body boards, surfboards, beach umbrella, beach chairs, beach toys come with the apartment
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q. Is your neighborhood safe?
A. Yes, Hawaii is relatively safe compared to the mainland.
Q. Do you allow children?
Q. What time is check-in?
A. Check-in is 2:00 PM
Q. Can I check-in early?
A. No. I generally have guest leaving the same day and need time to clean up the apartment.
Q. Can I check in late in the evening?
A. Yes. there is an electronic lock on the door. you may come as late as you'd like.
Q. What time is check-out?
A. 11:00 AM
Q. Can I check-out late?
A. No. I generally have new guests checking in the same day and need to clean the apartment.
Q. Is the apartment private?
A. Yes. The apartment is completely private.
Q. Do we have the whole apartment to ourselves?
Q. Is the kitchen equipped so we can cook our own food?
A. Yes, the kitchen has everything you would need to cook your meals.
Q. Do you provide towels?
A. Yes, the bathroom if fully supplied with lots of towels.
Q. Is there parking?
A. Yes, your parking spot is located on the left side of the building and it is the only covered parking space that is built into the building
Q. Do you allow pets?
Q. How far are you from the beach?
A. 10 minute bike ride, 2 minute drive
Q. Is there a super market near by?
A. Yes, there is a super market within walking distance.
Q. How many beds are in the apartment?
A. There is one queen bed and a fold out futon
Q. Do you have WiFi?
(website hidden) you have TV?
Q. What else comes with the apartment?
Beach toys, beach umbrella, beach chairs, snorkel gear, bikes
I did have a great time over there. Joanna is very accessible and she answered my emails promptly. The house is very well equipped, all things that you need are there. Having a parking space was fantastic. I don't have complains, If I have to, I will come back for sure.
Easy to find, clean, although not new place to stay at an ok price.
Close to Waikiki if you're bored at night and want to walk around. Walking distance.
Has a lot of towels, pots, pans, a big fridge, and snorkel gear.
Parking spot(++++) - very important for this part of town.
Food and everything is very close by. Ideal spot, away from Waikiki
Pics look a lot more "fresh" than what it really looks like.
Loud, little to no insolation for sound. Especially since there was a family of 10 always gathering around their garage and talking into the wee hours of the night.
Host never greeted us even when we went there early and saw them setting up and refreshing the place.
A/c in bedroom has a valve that pours water out but the trashcan the water is going into needs to emptied every couple hours, annoying when our first night we woke up to a bunch of water all over the floor.
Overall, I liked our stay here cuz we were only here to sleep, I say don't expect 5 star accommodation at 3 star prices, although there are certain modifications that could be made. Overall I'm happy we picked the place, location and parking spot were the biggest advantages for me.
Joanna was a good host - quick responder and the check in/check out process was seamless.
The place, however, was lacking in many areas.
1. The air conditioner was leaking. We had to leave a bucket so water could collect under the a/c. After 30 minutes, it would overflow. After waking up in the middle of the night, there was water all over the floor.
2. The gear provided is lackluster. The snorkels were poor - the lenses fogged up easily and the breathing tube didn't attach properly. The fins were poor as well. There was sand all over the gear upon arrival.
3. The surrounding area is questionable. I always think of Hawaii as being safe, but I didn't feel completely safe here. It's a lot more quiet in the surrounding area with a lot of homeless sleeping out nearby.
4. The pictures are the best representation of the house. It looks okay, but upon arrival, it kind of reminds you of being in a jail cell.
5. Ants! Ants are crawling around everywhere - this made me uncomfortable.
1. The place has what it needs. It has pots/pans, plates, towels, and a bed for you to sleep in. It's a great place to just sleep - nothing more.
2. Parking! Great that it has a parking space in a place that has so few.
3. Location-wise, you can walk to Waikiki, diamond head, etc. They are pretty far walks though (30 min)
Great communication with the host! Awesome recommendations for places to check out =] The apartment was small, but was excellent for the price and came with a lot of cool gear. Perfect location walking distance to the beach and the Waikiki strip. Would definitely stay again!
Disappointing. Borderline "get me out of here now!"
Despite all of the good reviews my experience was 2 stars out of 5 at most. Here is why:
- the place is strongly misrepresented in the description and pictures
- parking was occupied by someone else and it took them 3 days to move the car. Parking in that area is worse than in Manhattan or SF.
- the host states that the place has air conditioning. it does, sort of. Its an old swamp cooler and it is located in the living room. Bedroom gets really hot and humid with no way to cool it.
- the place offers very little sound insulation. I mean barely any. We couldn't get a good night sleep 5 nights out of 7 I stayed there because of outside noise.
- Shower head hose is not installed correctly so that the hose is twisted and points toward the wall when mounted and under water pressure s. very annoying. And it sporadically makes jackhammering noise.
- internet speed is 0.17 mb per second. (slower than aol dialup)
- Neighborhood. It's a ghetto. You are next door to 7-11 and large homeless encampments. I did not feel safe walking there at night.
- Washer and drier. Old and I could not get them to work.Perhaps there is a algorithm to get it done but I could not find one.
- Snorkeling equipment - cheap old and unusable. Breathing tube angle is wrong and makes it really difficult to use. You are better off buying one in Walgreens.
- body board is missing, I bought one and left it there use it if you will.
- fins are OKish.
- I did not use the bikes. She gives no instructions on were they are located.
- I did not use the surf board. but it looks pretty old and broken in the middle but repaired. Would you want it to break on you and then deal with the host?
Great spot! Walk down to the beach, everything handy. Nice apartment.
Joanna was super helpful when I left something at the house. Thanks we had a great time!
This apartment is a wonderful place for my parent's stay in Honolulu. My mom loved all the little details in this apartment including the high quality bedsheets, clean towels, the cute plates and cups, and the nice artworks throughout. The sofa bed is different from the picture but it was very comfortable to sleep in. There was no TV though, but who needs TV when they should be spending time outside or with family during their stay in Hawaii!
The famous Rainbows Drive-In is literally right next door so it was great to get food so closely. However, when they were BBQing the chicken in their parking lot, the smoke made its way into the apt so we had to close the windows. There is also an 7-Eleven across the street. Needless to say this location is VERY convenient. Having a dedicated parking is AWESOME for me to pick-up/drop-off (I live here). If you have a rental car then having a parking is definitely invaluable.
Unfortunately the road work started the night of their arrival right outside on Kapahulu Ave, but I'm sure the nicer road would be great for new guests in the future!
All in all, my parents really enjoyed this place. Thanks!
This host has 51 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews