About this listing
• DISC VALID FEB 2016
2 double BEDS + 1Bed Teenagers + 1 single bed (sofa)
• BKFAST incl
• Quiet Private garden with terrace -- Garage
• Cleaning service
• AMAZING VIEWS JUNGLE + RICE FIELDS
• Just 2.2Km from UBUD
"SHAKTI", our Colonial-Style House, is 2.1Km away from city Center (Ubud Royal Palace).
The house overlooks JUNGLE, RICE PADDIES and GARDEN, Views to 4 cardinal directions, sunrise on Jungle and sunset on Rice fields --
It has been recently renovated in a COLONIAL style: white washed wooden walls give it a cool feel.
ORIGINAL ART and sculptures from all over the archipelago decorate the place, all hand picked.
Comfortable, luminous, close to nature, fitted with stylish teak wood furniture and antiques.
Although the Lounge is an OPEN space, Privacy is retained with “bedeg" (white washed woven bamboo panels and blinds, hand made in our village) doubled by bamboo blinds.
SHAKTI sleeps up to 5-6 people.
It is under VIDEO CONTROL -
GARDEN FLOOR: LIVING ROOM/LOUNGE
- Kitchen, equipped,
- Dining area
- NOOK for 2 people (netted).
- SOFA sleeps 1 pers - (Net upon request ONLY)
- HALLWAY: Cabinet, lockable
- BATHROOM with jungle view & natural light. Hot shower, Natural stone washbasin, shelvings.
- Separate toilet. Shelvings. Book + DVD Collection
UPSTAIRS, 2nd Floor:
- MASTER BEDROOM: QUEEN SIZE teak bed with mosquito net, bedside lamps
- WORKING AREA : Wifi up to 10Mb. large teak table, teak armchairs Telephone (incoming calls only) -
- lockable cabinet, fan, small altar dedicated to Goddess of fertility; original paintings.
- Twelve windows, curtained in white cotton:
East / sunrise: over jungle & garden.
West / sunset over Rice fields
- North: Large opening, closed in glass panels, over jungle and trees
- VERANDA: overlooks Jungle, garden, rice fields -
sleeps 1 (child or Teen ager, or light weighed person), fitted with mosquito net.
We provide :
- WELCOME FRUIT BASKET upon arrival
- BreakFast is included, in SELF SERVICE, refilled every other day.
Two kinds of Teas, Bali Coffee grown in Kintamani, Javanese Cacao, unrefined sugar, creamer, 1 egg/pers, 1 cereal portion/pers, 2 slices bread/pers, 1 portion Australian butter/pers, 1 portion fruit jam/pers.
- For extra foods: Upon request, our house keeper will provide, at local price.
- SNACKS & DRINKS in the fridge (at marked prices: leave payment in the kitchen)
- Spring Mineral Water (blessed by the priest), NO fluorides, 20 L. jug dispenser, 25K Rp, upon arrival
- House Keeping, cleaning every other day
- candles, incense, fresh flowers
- sarong (for ceremonies, or used as towels as they dry FASTER than towels)
- Personal laundry pick up/drop off service
- Natural Essential oils (insect repellent)
- Mini "First Aid" kit
- Fiber optic WIFI
- telephone line (incoming calls only)
- on-site massage (on appointment) -
- SCOOTER Rental, Car and Driver - or OJEK taxi-moto (if you dont want to drive)
FOLDER in the house: Where to eat, Food delivery, what to do, Yoga and arts, performances, spas, art galleries, museums and ...MAPS + Guide-Books.
SWIMMING POOL: we dont have one,
but quite a few in the area for about 30-50K Rp/day:
- at "Villa Sugar and Restau", by Botanic Garden, Jl Tirta Tawar;
- in SAYAN: At "Bali Wood" (individual pavilions, great park, kids area),
and "Sayan Terrace" : view over River Ayung valley
- in Penestanan village: "d'Omah Bali".
Guests are given FULL ACESS to the house....
GARDEN slopes down towards the JUNGLE and ravine: Balinese shrines, heliconia, orchids, rain forest fern trees, frangipani, banana, papaya, bamboo & coconut trees.
covered GARAGE for bikes. Cars: Parking 50M away.
Interaction with Guests
We prefer to give you privacy, and management will only interact as needed, based on your request or if there is some sort of issue that requires attention.
Want a massage? a Scooter? Car Transport?
Contacting us in advance is best: Document will be sent to you.
TWO Km to town for convenient access, yet far enough from the busy crowds to enjoy the peace of the natural surroundings.
BOTANICAL GARDEN in Jl Tirta Tawar
YOUR NEIGHBOURS: a Balinese family, our 'guardian angels', protecting the house and caretakers of the rice fields. Please do not disturb them with requests and questions. Contact us.
UBUD is a MOOD...
its traditional healers, shamans, painters, sculptors, musicians and dancers, kite makers, mask carvers, furniture, fashion and jewellery designers.
We take you to our "SPIRIT JOURNEYS", visiting traditional healers, hidden temples, meditation caves, Rituals with High Priests... Have a look at the site: UbudSpiritBali page Spirit Journey -
if you are interested, please register online.
MUSEUMS: ARMA, Neka, Lukisan, Blanco, Rudana, Mask & Puppets and many art + antiquities galleries.
UBUD has been named “BEST DESTINATION IN ASIA" by Conde Nast and the area is popular with yogis since “Eat, Pray, Love": many yoga studios here.
GREEN SCHOOL is now a world reference in terms of their BAMBOO building technique and education system; their campus is built on hectares of beautiful land using a most inventive architecture of bamboo —this IS a "MUST SEE" !
GETTING AROUND THE LOCAL AREA
The preferred method is an automatic SCOOTER, easy to handle. we can arrange that upon request and recommend Mr Nyoman
Otherwise, hire an OJEK (scooter taxi)
or a rented car/driver.
Best to have an International Driving License for foreigners; a personal insurance is obviously important.
AIRPORT transfer / ANY PLACE IN BALI
We work with 5 drivers.
He will pick you up, speaks good English, communicates well via mobile phone (some drivers use (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)). Safe, reliable, knowledgeable.
Please send your Flight Details / or address in Bali asap
Important to have with you your "Itinerary" or the "House Manual" with all infos about GPS Ref, address, land marks, contact Nrs ... thks
Other Things to Note
please check out our other houses..
==> ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT,
SPACIOUS TERRACE OVER JUNGLE ("SOLO") = next door Shakti
==> TREE TOP LOFT JUNGALOW, Garden level http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/286363
Overlooking Jungle, Ayung River Valley, direct access to the river bank
==> TREE TOP NEST JUNGALOW (2nd floor) by Ayung River sleeps 3 - direct access to the river
==> WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO #3 http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1457940
==> WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO #4 http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1610472
BOTH great for Digital Nomads (up to 10Mb WIFI), for Budget travelers and backpackers, 100m from River AYUNG, jungle -
==> GUEST ROOM AT WRITER'S VILLA, GARDEN & Terrace (MAYA) in Sayan village, 4Km from Ubud, by River Ayung:
For Solo Female Traveller - great WIFI
Updated 25 July 2015
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travelers.
Our main & only rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Yet we had to set up a few points. Please read as your reservation requires:
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a hard copy of each passport (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners
(no Xerox machine, no printer at our office, sorry...).
- SPRING MINERAL WATER, - NO fluorides -, 20L jug dispenser: please settle 25K Rp upon arrival (leave payment inside, on the table, for the House Keeper)
- BREAKFAST: Provided by us, - self service -, Refilled every other day, consists of:
• 2 kinds of Teas, Bali grown Coffee, javanese cacao, creamer, Sugar
PLUS per person/per day: 1Cereal Mix portion, 1egg, 2 slices Bread, portion australian butter, portion fruit Jam.
• For any EXTRA FOODS :
Yogurt, cheese, bacon, eggs, etc: Kindly please ask us a few days prior arrival date. Our House Keeper will do the shopping, charged at local price.
- "MINI BAR" : Snacks and Drinks in your fridge, to be settled in Cash RP, following marked prices. Pls leave your payment on the table inside (for our House Keeper) Thank you.
-+- For all your TRANSPORT needs and any other requirements?
Please note: We are happy to assist you, yet... we are not up to the local Tourism Office or a travel agent.
We are a small family business, offering Accommodation as our first focus: Kindly first explore yourself online and in any Guide-Book about Bali,
draw a rough list/route of what suits you, get back to us. We then send you a useful document, takes one minute to fill in, helps all parties involved get organized ahead of time (you, us, House-Keepers, drivers, scooter-rental, ‘Ojek'…).
In this Document please mention any need:
- Transfer: Airport OR from / to any place in Bali
- "OJEK" taxi-Moto (if you don't want to drive)
- Tours, Volcano trekking, rafting, ‘DownHill Cycling', Temples, Rice Terraces, water falls, Bamboo Trail, art, yoga...
"Spirit Journeys": Exploring Bali 'off the beaten track', Temple and Meditation caves, Rituals, traditional Balinese spiritual healers. Limited spaces (3-5 people). Please register ahead of time, via our site => UbudSpiritBali.
- SCOOTER Rental: We recommend Mr Nyoman, a reputable company. 60K Rp/day, home delivery with 1-2 helmets and raincoats. Discount beyond 1 week -
- for on-site Massage, Extra foods, Spirit Journeys, etc: please also mention it in the document.
Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment
Please share our ECO-FRIENDLY approach:
- Switch off lights and fans before going out (3 speeds: please check)
- Be conservative with your use of Water, a very precious resource here.
• We RECYCLE Metal cans & glass bottles: keep them separate from other garbage
- We support the Association “Say NO TO PLASTIC!":
Use our Mineral Water from the dispenser better than buying single-use plastic bottles;
Use a FABRIC BAG (provided) better than bringing back more plastic bags, hard to dispose of..
Our soap (hands, kitchen) and cleaning materials are diluted. We buy concentrate in soft pouches to keep packaging minimal.
Diluting soapy products is meant to limit toxic, harmful waste in our homes as it runs down to ground water, rivers and streams.
Smoking is allowed outside ONLY. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray, not in the garden!..
Our place is located near by rice fields, jungle, woody rivers, coconut / bamboo groves, ravined stream: this is what our Guests love…
Yet, Insects and animals can be expected, most are charming, others annoying, some can be potentially dangerous.
This is not a “Jungle-Book a la Disney": Please be both careful and respectful. Children should be under your supervision at all times.
We also provide natural essential oil repellents: protect yourself around the clock and specially from sunset time on.
Please Keep all foods in sealed containers -- or inside the fridge.
Avoid leaving crumbs and food scraps in the sink; keep organic garbage in tightly knotted bags.
This will prevent insects and animals to be attracted. Thank you for caring.
We have also printed a spiraled "BOOKLET" available in each house offering useful information: take a minute to read it. Tx
PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please talk to us first.
Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
Lock the door & Main Gate whenever going out -
keep your valuables inside a lockable cabinet, better than in plain sight -
OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker..) :
never leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others.. make sure to keep them on a metal/glass plate.
WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it -
if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- Bring a FLASH LIGHT with you if you will be coming or going after dark.
- Be aware that pathways and steps can be slippery. It's a tropical island! Moss, mold, rain, water from rice fields etc, can be expected
- Bring with you:
-- INTER/NATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
-- PERSONAL INSURANCE
-- HARD COPY of each PASSPORT
(we feel all this section goes without saying, but would like to mention it anyway).
For extra safety, our place is under video control -
Please read also our “Driving tips" section here.
• Any broken/damaged items should be replaced or compensated by its equivalent value before leaving the place, unless you prefer to have it taken from your BOND.
- Books, DVDs, maps, good addresses, brochures are available for you:
Before check out: please put them back for others to enjoy.
- small children should be fitted with napies; we request parents to bring a RUBBER Sheet to prevent any annoying issues, soiling, etc.
- Our beddings are in very good state. Stained mattress, pillows or cushions will be charged accordingly.
- No extra guests are allowed in the House unless requested in written, ahead of time.
- Lost KEYS are charged 200K Rp.
- ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service: while these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a lapse in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island (remember, this is Bali!); nothing can be done about a lapse in service and does not constitute a valid reason for canceling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
DRIVING: TIPS & DISTANCE:
The house is located in Banjar Sakti, 2.2Km away from UBUD Royal Palace, heart of town.
Not right in the center, just outside, surrounded by nature.
We mention DISTANCE in Kilometers: 2.2Km, an objective measure - rather than in terms of time, subjective to your own driving speed, current traffic, road repairs, sections of streets cordoned by local security due to ceremonies or processions, etc
Walking is left to your appreciation, but remember: Bali is tropical, hot, humid, hilly, dogs might bark at you, broken side walks… Reason why we recommend you have your own vehicle / transport.
Everyone here drives a Scooter! Or use an “Ojek" (taxi-moto).
In high season, obviously, one more car adds to traffic..
But of course it is all entirely up to your decision.
For your own safety.
Responsible ways of driving around:
strap on your helmet, wear closed shoes, sleeved tops, trousers (rather than flip-flops, shorts, singlets..).
Wear gloves, sun glasses, have a map at hand, a smart phone with a mapping device;
- driving license, personal insurance data, copy of your passport / visa with you, obviously important.
Keep your valuables under the saddle; Keep your helmet with you after parking.
These recommendations are of course here again entirely up to you.
All our houses are GPS referenced: see in your “Itinerary" and "House Manual".
- ADDRESS, location, landmarks, distances, contacts, keys, WIFI Password: communicated to confirmed Guests via the "Itinerary" (sent to you by AIRBNB after payment is settled) -- and -- in the "House Manual", in your listing.
Save the infos, Keep them with you, thank you.
A few ADVICES :
We recommend to book your transport with us,
whether you arrive in day time, or later than 4PM (Staff then off) —
Yet, of course it is entirely up to you.
- Important: AirBNB Hosting does NOT offer services like a regular Hotel:
no 'Reception desk' open 24/7;
- Our employees have a Schedule to be honored
- Owner & Staff do not live on-site.
- BALI does not have street names & sign posts at every junction...
- Houses rarely have clear visible numbers;
- Even and odd numbers (as in Western countries) are not a concern here…
- Some streets show twice the same number... or Nr 24 is followed next door by Nr 103 .... ~ ;-)
- Street lights are not always operating properly at night -
A driver found in the southern part of Bali, experienced by one Guest:
“Cheap deal in Kuta turned out a "cheat deal", taxi was unable to locate the house.."
Our driver's fee is the same as any other taxi: about 350K Rp (as of Jan 2015) from Airport to Ubud, 1Hr15/1h30 drive -
- Cell phone signal and internet can be "patchy" and unreliable -
Therefore we apologise if not being able to give immediate answer to calls/SMS-(website hidden)/emails;
- If in need, contact any of the given numbers, or try again later.
- Any problem while in transit to the destination, delays, etc:
please Contact asap our driver and any Nr provided in the "House Manual" & in your “Itinerary"
Our friendly “wink" to our valued guests:
• We always do our very best to serve you, yet mistakes are possible, we are humans..
• Kindness is key to solve most issues … ^+^ …
- Bali is on a slow pace, not up to Western criteria:
Please be considerate and avoid "last minute" requests,
Balinese people do not enjoy being 'stressed out" ~:+}
• We apologise for not being able to process late notice requests.
Thank you so very much for caring
Welcome & enjoy Ubud!
~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+) .....