About this listing
Villa Pochote is a large, cool and comfortable house located on the hill top above the town of Montezuma, in the most exclusive residential neighborhood 'Calle Linda Vista'
It is located only 1 Km. from Montezuma downtown and the beaches.
Because of its special location, in front of a grove that covers the bed of a stream and near the top of a huge Pochote tree, you can always enjoy a cool caressing breeze and observe a lot of wildlife.
In addition it has a view of the ocean from its terraces and outside dining area.
Villa Pochote is far enough from town for enjoying "peace at home" but at the same time is near enough for going walking to downtown, the beaches or Montezuma River and its famous waterfalls.
Villa Pochote offers:
- Three bedrooms each one with a queen bed with orthopedic mattress. Two of the rooms have air conditioning and the third one is very high and airy, with a balcony that can be left open and ceiling fan.
- Two bathrooms with hot water, one of which has a bathtub.
- One living room with a flat screen 32' cable TV, this room is located in front of a spacious and cool wooden corridor overlooking the forest, opposite to the Pochote tree crown.
- One fully equipped kitchen with marble countertops.
- 70 m2 wooden corridors L-shaped, one of which houses the dining area for up to 10 people.
- a refreshing pool with infinite view of the forest.
- 40 m2 of terraces next to the pool, facing the forest and the sea, the upper level has a grill for delicious outdoor barbecues.
- WiFi internet connection
- Cleaning service every 3 days included in daily and weekly rentals. In monthly rentals the service is charged separately according to the frequency required.
- Change of linen and towels every three days unless you request a higher or lower frequency, if higher, an extra fee is charged.
- Laundry service, for an additional cost.
Interaction with guests
If you want not to be disturb at all while staying at Villa Pochote, I just will be there to welcome you at the check in and to say goodbye at the check out. But if you need my assistance arranging whatever you need, I'll be happy to help!
What I love of my neighborhood is the tranquility, the cool breeze and all the wildlife that you can observe.
I'm sure you'll adore the atmosphere and ambiance here!
There are buses running to and from Montezuma 6 times a day, the bus stop is in the main road (500 mts. from Villa Pochote). You can also call a taxi which rate to Montezuma downtown is approx. $5.
For coming from the international airports there are private transfers or local flights that I can help you to arrange.
Other things to note
Villa Pochote has different rates according to the different seasons, please check them at the calendar!
The electricity bill and cleaning service is not included in the monthly rates. Regarding the electricity, I'll cover $100 and the guests must cover any surplus.
Since Villa Pochote is located in a very tranquil neighborhood. please try not to disturb the neighbors and the nature with loud music or conversations after 10:00pm.
I hope my guests to take good care of the villa and its belongings, and that they act as in their own homes.
Hope them to have special care in closing the window and door before turning on the air conditioning in each of the rooms.
I'm from San José, Costa Rica. I came to Montezuma the first time, 31 years ago and fell in love with this magnetic, magical and wonderful place. First because of its nature and second because the way of living of the very little people that lived here at that time. Because of my mother's job as a costarrican diplomatic, I lived in some countries in South America and Europe but whenever I was I was longing Montezuma!
So, 21 years ago, when the tourism industry began to develop in the area, I came to settle here and founded the first tourist office in town in which I worked for 15 years.
Even if Montezuma town has changed a lot since that distant day of March 1982, and now there's people from all around the world and the way of living in Montezuma is so different, its nature conserves all the magic and enchanting charm of that time, for me that's the most valuable treasure that Montezuma and Villa Pochote have to offer!
And I think I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to live here all this time!