Villa Pochote is a large, cool and comfortable house located on the hill top above the town of Montezuma, in the most exclusive residential neighborhood 'Calle Linda Vista'
It is located only 1 Km. from Montezuma downtown and the beaches.
Because of its special location, in front of a grove that covers the bed of a stream and near the top of a huge Pochote tree, you can always enjoy a cool caressing breeze and observe a lot of wildlife.
In addition it has a view of the ocean from its terraces and outside dining area.
Villa Pochote is far enough from town for enjoying "peace at home" but at the same time is near enough for going walking to downtown, the beaches or Montezuma River and its famous waterfalls.
Villa Pochote offers:
- Three bedrooms each one with a queen bed with orthopedic mattress. Two of the rooms have air conditioning and the third one is very high and airy, with a balcony that can be left open and ceiling fan.
- Two bathrooms with hot water, one of which has a bathtub.
- One living room with a flat screen 32' cable TV, this room is located in front of a spacious and cool wooden corridor overlooking the forest, opposite to the Pochote tree crown.
- One fully equipped kitchen with marble countertops.
- 70 m2 wooden corridors L-shaped, one of which houses the dining area for up to 10 people.
- 40 m2 of terraces facing the forest and the sea, the upper level has a grill for delicious outdoor barbecues.
- WiFi internet connection
- Cleaning service every 3 days included in daily and weekly rentals. In monthly rentals the service is charged separately according to the frequency required.
- Change of linen and towels every three days unless you request a higher or lower frequency, if higher, an extra fee is charged.
- Laundry service, for an additional cost.
Interaction with Guests
If you want not to be disturb at all while staying at Villa Pochote, I just will be there to welcome you at the check in and to say goodbye at the check out. But if you need my assistance arranging whatever you need, I'll be happy to help!
What I love of my neighborhood is the tranquility, the cool breeze and all the wildlife that you can observe.
I'm sure you'll adore the atmosphere and ambiance here!
There are buses running to and from Montezuma 6 times a day, the bus stop is in the main road (500 mts. from Villa Pochote). You can also call a taxi which rate to Montezuma downtown is approx. $5.
For coming from the international airports there are private transfers or local flights that I can help you to arrange.
Other Things to Note
Villa Pochote has different rates according to the different seasons:
- Green Season: April 21st. / June 30th. 2014 $ 120 daily rate, weekly (7 nights) $ 720 per month $ 1.500
- Mid season: July / August and November daily rate $ 130, $ 780 weekly and $ 2000 monthly
- Low season: September/October daily rate $100, $600 weekly and $1.500 monthly
Min. 5 nights reservation.
- High Season: December 1st. to 18th. and January 5th. to April 5th. daily rate $ 150, $ 900 weekly and $3,500 monthly
- Peak Season: December 19th. to January 4th. only daily rate of $ 300.
Min. 5 nights reservation.
I expect my guests to take good care of Villa Pochote and its belongings.
We love good behaved pets!
Since Villa Pochote is a very airy house it's ok if you smoke, the only thing is not to do it in the bedrooms!
Magique, voilà le mot qui me vient en pensant à la villa Pochote...
Un lieu enchanteur avec une maison confortable, spacieuse, chaleureuse, fonctionnelle ou rien ne manque.
La terrasse est unique avec une nature magnifique, généreuse et jamais dérangeante. Après une bonne journée d'activité à Montezuma et ses alentours, il n'y a pas un autre endroit ou nous aurions souhaité être... et surtout pas en bas de la montagne nous avions l'impression qu'il y avait moins d'air et plus de chaleur...
Quant à Rebeca; nous avons été super bien accueillis, elle est charmante, serviable et disponible...
Bref: Que du bonheur!
Magic, that's the word that comes to us in thinking about the villa Pochote ... An enchanting place with a comfortable home, spacious, warm, functional where lack nothing.
The terrace is unique with a wonderful nature, generous and never intrusive.
After a good day of activity to Montezuma and its surrounding area, there is not another place where we would have liked to be and especially not at the bottom of the mountain in Montezuma center where we had the impression that there was less air an more heat.
We have been super well welcomed by Rebeca who is charming, helpful and available ...
In short: beeing here was just happiness.
The reservation was canceled 106 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Rebeca was a great host during our stay! She had many great suggestions on where to go and eat. We tried many of them out and were impressed with everything! We had a great time in Montezuma and it was always nice to GI back to such a relaxing, beautiful home at the end of the day. If you're taxiiing to the house our suggestion would be to ask the driver to take you to Sollevante as not everyone is familiar with Villa Pochote and it is right next door!
Villa Pochote was a wonderful spot to stay for me and 2 of my friends. It is on top of a lovely hill, with a nice view. The villa is spacious and very clean. The kitchen has all you need for making your own food. Our host Rebeca was wonderful, she responded to all of our inquires fast and made some great recommendations for restaurants and things to do. Even if you don't have a car, staying here is a much nicer experience than renting in the middle of the town where it may be loud and not as intimate. You can find taxis from town ($5 in Marh 2014) to bring you up the hill. Overall, a great experience!
We had an amazing time! Rebeca was an amazing host and Villa Pochote was more than we expected. When staying here, be sure to take Rebeca's advise about all the great places to eat in Montezuma.
I'm from San José, Costa Rica. I came to Montezuma the first time, 31 years ago and fell in love with this magnetic, magical and wonderful place. First because of its nature and second because the way of living of the very little people that lived here at that time. Because of my mother's job as a costarrican diplomatic, I lived in some countries in South America and Europe but whenever I was I was longing Montezuma!
So, 21 years ago, when the tourism industry began to develop in the area, I came to settle here and founded the first tourist office in town in which I worked for 15 years.
Even if Montezuma town has changed a lot since that distant day of March 1982, and now there's people from all around the world and the way of living in Montezuma is so different, its nature conserves all the magic and enchanting charm of that time, for me that's the most valuable treasure that Montezuma and Villa Pochote have to offer!
And I think I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to live here all this time!