About this listing
Spacious, stylish fully-furnished 1-bedroom loft in the heart of historic downtown Wilmington available for short- or long-term rental.
A gorgeous urban space surrounded by history; 1200 square feet in a renovated historical building with 22-foot ceilings, exposed beams and girders, new plush carpeting and white brick walls. Two bathrooms (shower and full tub), huge walk-in closet, underground parking, skylight.
The unit is next to Cape Fear Community College, two blocks from the Cape Fear River. Surrounded by Wilmington's finest restaurants and night clubs, Pontiac Place is a five-minute walk to the Brooklyn Arts District, the new downtown convention center, PPD, the Cape Fear River Walk, and the water taxi to the USS North Carolina battleship. It's 4 miles from Wilmington International Airport (ILM) and a short drive to more than a dozen attractions, including world class golf courses and Wrightsville Beach.
Stroll two blocks to the Riverwalk and enjoy the incredible views of the Cape Fear River. Take a horse-drawn carriage through one of the largest and prettiest historical districts in the country, home to both Revolutionary and Civil War heroes. Take a water taxi across the Cape Fear to tour the USS North Carolina, a decommissioned WWII era battleship. Enjoy free concerts every weekend in summer along the waterfront. Drive out to Wrightsville Beach (25 mins) and enjoy 85 degree water and 10 miles of pristine sand; you can surf, parasail, or jet ski. Take a sail along the Intracoastal waterway or kayak through gorgeous unspoiled marshland. Dive WWII era wrecks and sunken artificial reefs within 45 minutes of shore. There are half a dozen great golf courses and amusement areas within a short drive as well. You won't be bored.
Downstairs living space features a twin-size daybed/couch, 37 inch HDTV, TiVo, Audio-Visual receiver, DVD player, basic cable and WiFi Internet. Fully equipped kitchen includes refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender crock pot, full complement of plates, cutlery, and utensils. Loft bedroom features an overstuffed queen-sized futon, a twin-size day bed, full sized dresser, desk, walk-in closet, full bath, and shaded skylight.
Free WiFi Internet, Cable TV.
Coin-op laundry in building.
Sleeps four comfortably (five if one of them is a toddler). Perfect for single travelers, couples or young families.
Longer term rentals negotiable
NO SMOKING, NO PETS, NO EXCEPTIONS. SORRY.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the condominium, its hallways or common areas.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order (see Addendum A for list of property).
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Underground parking is limited to one (1) vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in the slot designated for Unit J only (see Parking Instructions below). One-hour parking is available above ground in a lot in front of the building in the slots marked "Guests." Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.