PLEASE NOTE: ANY GUESTS VISITING FOR THE DAY MUST BE INCLUDED IN HOW MANY GUESTS ARE EXPECTED AT TIME OF BOOKING. NUMBER OF GUESTS IS TO INCLUDE ANY GUESTS, WHETHER SPENDING THE NIGHT OR THE DAY. THANK YOU
Monkey House is perfect for WEDDINGS, FAMILY REUNIONS, EVENTS, RETREATS, and the best Trinity Alps VACATION! (ASK ABOUT EVENT FEES)
This property is amazing and beautiful, peaceful and restorative: a truly majestic setting. It's hard to describe or show in pictures the awe-inspiring natural beauty of this unique home on 7 acres and a private lake with 340 ft. of shoreline.
Monkey house features three bedrooms, an upstairs loft, and three bathrooms - two with soaking tubs, one with sauna jets. The kitchen is outstanding! Rustic rock walls, a six-burner Chef's stove complete with a restaurant-sized griddle, and a bakers delight bonus room for convection oven baking. This kitchen is suitable for large parties as the open floor plan flows into the dining and living rooms, and there is a wrap-around deck that overlooks Pearl Lake.
There are three stories: On the first level there are two bedrooms, both with Queen beds, and a shared Jack and Jill bathroom with doors to close off shower/bath area. The second level has a fantastic master bedroom with a California King-sized bed and French doors leading to a deck with pristine lake views. The master bath has a wonderful jacuzzi tub and walk-in closet. The kitchen, dining and living rooms are located on this level. The living room features a three-sided, extra-comfy sectional couch that folds out into an additional Queen-sized bed. There is a rustic wood-burning stove that can easily heat the entire second level. A half-bath is on this level as well as a separate, private deck overlooking the front yard from the living room. The sunlit loft is located at the top of a spiral staircase. It has two single beds with room for sleeping bags and cots.
This home is a dog haven!
There are large, fenced dog areas off the back deck and a wooden dog house (although mine would never dream of sleeping outside). You can have your canines fenced with access into the house, or you can have them enclosed in the dog yard.
From the wrap-around deck you’ll have a full view of the lake. As you gaze down on the water while swaying firs and pines canopy above you, you will experience solitude and serenity. Walk straight down the stairs and onto a carpet of lush grass that ends at your own private lake inlet. Perfect for you, kids, and dogs. Swim out to the lake’s island, or grab the canoe or rowboat and go fishing or exploring. The gazebo nestled at the lake’s edge offers a most ideal setting for weddings and ceremonies, with a red bridge over the lake inlet as a walkway for picturesque moments!
Also lakeside is an outdoor kitchen, fully equipped for large feasts with a stove and BBQ grill, commercial sink, fish cleaning station and fire pit for night time marshmallow roasts. Under the outdoor kitchen’s covered pavilion you’ll find ceiling fans, a sound system, and multiple picnic tables and chairs. Alongside the pavilion is an outdoor bathroom.
This is a YEAR-ROUND fishing destination, beginner - advanced! It's also a great base-camp for hikes into the Trinity Alps Wilderness. Our caretaker is also a fisherman so if you have any questions, please ask!
• FALL: Some of the best salmon fishing in California can be found on the Trinity River. King Salmon can be caught from the banks with simple spinner and spoon lures (5 minute drive).
• WINTER: Steelhead run in Trinity River (5 minute drive). Trout can be caught on the surfaces of Trinity and Lewiston Lakes (approximately 30 miles east).
• SPRING: Bass spawn in Pearl Lake (in our backyard). Spring-Run Salmon in Trinity River (5 minute drive).
• SUMMER: Bass and bluegill feed on the surface of Pearl Lake (in our backyard). Perfect for a child's first catch! Hike-in trout fishing in the Trinity Alps Wilderness.
• The most popular entry point into the Trinity Alps Wilderness is the Canyon Creek Trailhead. I'ts located in Junction City just across the river from us, about a 30 minute drive.
• Weaverville, founded in 1850 and a historic Gold Rush town, is only a 15 minute drive away.
One stay at Monkey House and you’ll be counting the days until you return!
Dogs are welcome!!!
BUT CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET AND KEEP OFF FURNITURE
• WIFI internet and full cell phone signal!!!
• Coffee, tea and drinks (help yourself!)
• Microwave, French press, blender
• Dishware, cutlery, cookware and utensils provided
• Washer, dryer and dishwasher
• Limited toiletries provided
*** ADDITIONAL FEE FOR WEDDINGS AND EVENTS
** NOTE: HOLIDAY WEEKENDS REQUIRE A THREE NIGHT MINIMUM
A beautiful 3,000 foot lake house, seven acres of lake, meadow, woods. Guests will have access to Pearl lake is directly on our property, which is outlined in pic. Guests do not have access to the entire lake, which belongs to other owners. Please be respectful of neighbors. Guests are to stay within the Monkey House property. Although the property is remote, there are neighbors that expect their privacy and not to be infringed upon.
Interaction with Guests
you can call anytime, and we may come check on grounds while youre staying,
Other Things to Note
NO SMOKING INDOORS. PLEASE STAY WITHIN THE SEVEN ACRES OF MONKEY HOUSE PROPERTY. PLEASE STAY ON PORTION OF LAKE THAT IS OWNED BY MONKEY HOUSE. THE REST OF THE AREA BEYOND MONKEY IS PRIVATE PROPERTY
Please don't rearrange things and please be respectful of our neighbors. Also, please don't climb the hillside behind the house as it can damage the foundation of the house and you will be held liable for any damages that occur during your stay. We are not responsible for any injuries sustained due to climbing the hillside. No smoking indoors.
The house was amazing with the lake just in the backyard. There was a boat waiting for us at the shore. We had a great time by the lake. The house was very spacious and accommodated all 8 of us very comfortably. It is a perfect getaway in the Trinity Alps. The historic town of Weaverville is just about 10-15 mins away and has a CVS (24hr) and a grocery store (Tops).
I had a large group (party of 19) come up to stay at Monkey House over New Year's. The house was perfect for our group! The place offers a lot of hang-out space as well as room for quiet time when around a large party. We never felt too crowded in the house. Linda and Jeremy were very responsive to any questions we had about the house, making our trip stress free!
Even though it was skimming 40-50 degrees during the day, we were still able to play wiffle ball and picnic down by the lake in the sun. I can't wait to make a return trip here in the summer!
We went there for christmas of 2014 as a group of families. I would say it is a good place but was not the best of experience we had.
1) Firstly there was no one to welcome, the place was ice cold. The keys were somewhere in a box outside. We had to grab it and figure out everything. When we reached it was almost dark and scary inside.
2) just one heater for the living room, kitchen, loft and the stairs area. The main bedroom doesnt have a heater. when we called the owner, she said to keep the door open. really? Well we drove back and got some extra heaters which the owner was kind enough to pay us for. but a bad welcome.
3) The place is full of dog hair. We had infants crawling everywhere. :(
I wonder what cleaning was done here. I would not like to pay any cleaning fees.
4) The kitchen oven was not cleaned. It had some left over meat pieces.
5) The canoe oars where on some other boat and we had to do a lot of circus to get them.
6) The barbeque area was not cleaned and water was shut for winter. Not that I would use but the site should mention this as "winter description"
All this with no one in person to ask about or show us. Go solve your own problems!! Well ofcourse it was christmas time, even the caretaker had to be with his family but I would say, if you are open for business, be there for it, atleast once.
We went back and forth with the guest count but finally when were lesser guests than we thought, the owner wont reduce the cost and we end up paying much higher rate.
1) The location is nice, it has a huge lake, lot of space
2) Looks like this is a summer destination . Not a lot to do around in winter.
3) Lots of board games., the main living room can accommodate lots of guests
4) Kitchen is stocked up with lots of pots, pans and silverware
I am sure the owner will improve on this. Overall its a good place.
It was amazing! Like having our own private lake. We caught steel head, bass and bluegill. It felt like camping, beautiful grounds and bright sky's filled with stars, but the luxury of a comfortable bed in a charming house nestled between the trees with beautiful views in every direction. My two teenage boys describe it as "cool." It was the best family get-away we have had in a while. The house was extremely comfortable and stocked with all we could need. We will be back!
All the amazing things in the description of this house are true - the lake, the boats, the attention to dog happiness, the kitchen, the outdoor kitchen, the wood burning stove, the remoteness, etc.
Since we were off season, the lake was not swimmable, but I am sure in the summer it must be lovely.
Two things we wanted to mention was that the water tasted metallic so definitely buy bottled water (Junction City has a store a couple miles away, and Weaverville is a 15 min drive) and the internet was spotty (only had it working one day out of the seven we were there). The internet is over satellite and was possibly flaky due to animals or weather or what not, and I bring it up only to say that the place is so beautiful you should just forget about absolutely having to be online. The AT&T reception was great, which was surprising.
The area is perfect for fishing, hiking and even cycling. We had our road bikes and the volunteer fire department in JC gave us a few ideas for rides.
We will definitely go back, maybe in the summer to see how the swimming is!
Awesome house, really nice and beautiful area. Hosts were easy to work with and very accommodating.
This is a nice area for family gatherings. Although the lake was low due to our hot dry summer, the fishing was still fun and lots of small fish were caught and released. The decks are large and had great views of the surrounding area. We would rent it again.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews