About this listing
Traditional and luxurious 85 sqm/900 sqf Viennese Art Deco apartment in perfect location opposite the Belvedere Castle in the midst of the Embassy quarter, all main sights within 15 mins walking. Completely refurbished with all amenities.
Traditional, luxurious Viennese Apartment in perfect location opposite the Belvedere. Completely refurbished, with new amenities in an authentic setting. 13 ft. high ceilings, traditional stucco, 19th century double wing doors and antique chandeliers make this apartment a singular, local experience in one of the most beautiful, romantic cities in the world.
The 80 sqm/860 sqf apartment was built in the end of the 19th century (Vienna's golden period - Ringstrasse-style) with 4m/13ft high ceilings, traditional stucco, 19th century double wing doors and antique chandeliers. It has been completely refurbished in 2013, with all traditional elements carefully restored. It is furnished with a mix of original 19th century antiquities and modern design elements.
The apartment is in a quiet location in the 1st (intermediate) story at the corner of two side-streets in the embassy district of Vienna, 3 mins walking to bus and subway and 12 mins walking to the Stephans Cathedral (the town's landmark and center). Two blocks down lies Vienna's central park.
ROOMS & AMENITIES________________________________
- The kitchen is a fully equipped breakfast kitchen (kitchenware, dishes, spices, oil, nespresso machine and coffee tabs, tee) with a couch, bar and dining table.
- We offer pre-stocking of the fridge (breakfast, local deli snacks, drinks) ("i am hungry" option - write me)
- The master bedroom consists of a king size bed (5* standard) (fits two) with egyptian cotton linen and a large guest wardrobe.
- The second bedroom has a large flatscreen TV with sound system (iphone plug available), cable TV and a design couch that converts into a comfortable, queen size bed (fits two)
- The bathroom has both a bathtub and shower, with two basins. The toilette is in a separate room.
- There is high-speed WIFI, flatscreen TV with international channels, a sound system with an audio phone connector (iphone, android, etc) and central heating.
- Due to the high ceilings, the room temperature does not get uncomfortable even in summer, so we restrained from installing airconditioning.
- You can park your car in the street (2 EUR every 90 mins Mon-Sat 8-22h with space well available)
Guests will have access to the entire apartment.
Interaction with Guests
I live in Vienna and usually welcome my guests personally either in the listing or directly at the airport (airport pickup option).
To ensure you have a great time, I try to help you plan your trip before hand ("concierge"). At the check-in, I will show you the apartment as well as explain more about the neighbourhood, the city, and about me and our life in Vienna, if you are interested :-).
During your stay, my husband and I are available if you have any questions or crave for a drink :-)
The embassy quarter lies within the 3rd district ("Landstrasse") of Vienna and hosts - not surprisingly - many international embassies. It is perfectly located in the centre of Vienna with Vienna's main sights within 15 mins walking distance. Subway, Streetcars and Buses are within 3 mins walking distance. It is completely safe at day and at night (as nearly all places in Vienna are).
The embassy quarter is situated between two landmark parks - the Central Park and the Belvedere Castle and its park right in the centre of Vienna. A beautiful walk through the central park brings you right into the heart of Vienna, with the emperors residence (Hofburg), the Stephans Cathedral (landmark), the Opera and many other of the main sights within 15 mins walking distance. The two parks and the surrounding Prater (a huge forest that also hosts the famous Prater amusement park) are great for running and other outdoor activities (horseback riding, cycling, etc.)
The area is highly sought after as it provides for a green, quiet living environment in the full center of the city. The 3rd district is invigorated by one of the top three shopping streets of Vienna (Landstrasser Hauptstrasse) as well as a brand new, large Mall (Wien Mitte) in its centre (5 mins walking). Numerous restaurants, cafes and bars are close by, amongst them all-time favorites such as Vienna's most famous beach club (Hermann's Strandbar), the Meierei (the best viennese brasserie) and the Rochus (cafe).
There is a well equipped gym within 5 mins walking which offers day passes (20 EUR).
Most city sights are easily reached by foot in 5-15 mins.
The Central Park U3 subway stop is 3 mins walking, as well as numerous street car and bus stations. All of these connect you direct and fast to all locations in the city.
The direct airport express (CAT, 15 mins to the airport) is 8 mins walking distance, with a 30 min frequency (17 EUR return).
A taxi takes between 15 and 20 mins and costs around 40 EUR one way.
Other Things to Note
All our guests receive a comprehensive guide via email with sights, restaurant and other recommendations and service offers to make your life easier. We are happy to help with organizing tickets, reservations and others!
No smoking, no pets, no parties. It is our place and we appreciate you taking good care of it!