About this listing
A modern and spacious double bedroom with private shower room in a Georgian Townhouse with a garden and hot tub overlooking the Shard. Three-minutes walk from Borough tube station, and ten-minutes walk from London Bridge and the Southbank.
The living room offers a feeling of space, comfort and luxury for you to enjoy, with an abundance of natural light and doors to a spacious garden
- 130 square foot/12 square metre in size.
- Private Entrance.
- Private Shower room and WC.
- Kingsize bed with 3" goose down mattress topper and 500 count bed sheets.
- 32 inch Samsung flat screen TV with SMART features including Netflix.
- iPad and Sonos music system.
- Free Wifi.
- Breakfast Kitchen, including microwave, kettle, coffee machine and toaster.
- 1 x Complimentary bottle of wine.
- 2 x Complimentary bottles of water.
- Complimentary Nespresso coffee and Clipper teas.
As our guests, you are very welcome to make use of the upstairs kitchen, lounge and garden. All we ask is that you kindly respect our privacy when we have guests. The basic kitchen facilities downstairs are provided purely for your own comfort and convenience.
Interaction with Guests
If there's anything that can be done to make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable then please let us know. We look forward to meeting you and hope to get to know you during your stay with us.
Located in the very heart of London, within the fashionable Borough area, which centres around Borough Market. The market is now the 3rd most popular tourist attraction in London and is described by Time Out London as a 'foodies' paradise' with an array of fantastic quality restaurants and food stalls.
A leisurely walk along the river from Borough Market opens up the South Bank, the cultural heart of London, home to some of its most iconic attractions including the London Eye, TATE Modern, Design Museum, HMS Belfast, Royal Festival Hall, British Film Institute cinemas and the National Theatre.
The townhouse is within minutes of London's newest iconic landmark: the Shard - designed by acclaimed architect Renzo Piano, this is Western Europe's tallest building, where you can experience an astonishing 360 degree view of London from 244m above ground.
Some further exploration on the weekend around the historic railway arches in the nearby Bermondsey Street antiques area will reveal London's newest foodie secret: Maltby Street and Ropewalk market, a lively street market with a combination of stalls, under-arch shops, pop-up bars and eateries.
Time to key London landmarks:
- The City: (10 minutes away)
- Canary Wharf: (20 minutes away)
- West End: (20 minutes away)
- London Bridge (7 minutes away)
- Borough Market (7 minutes away)
- The Shard (7 minutes away)
- TATE Modern (15 minutes away)
- Tower Bridge (15 minutes away)
- The Tower of London (15 minutes away)
- South Bank (20 minutes away)
- Covent Garden: (20 minutes away)
- St Paul's Cathedral: (25 minutes away)
- London Eye: (25 minutes away)
Getting here & around
- Tube: A 2 minute walk from Borough & London Bridge tube stations or even faster in a taxi!
- Bus: access to buses taking you directly to Tate Britain art gallery, the trendy Silicon Roundabout area of Old Street, the nightlife of Shoreditch, the heart of the City of London at Bank, the business district of Canada Water and plenty of others
- Cycle Hire: The new ‘Boris Bikes' are just 100m from the house and, for just £2, you get a bike and London really is your oyster, with Soho, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben all a relaxed 20 minutes' pedal away.
- Train: Fast connections to 3 major London airports and Brighton
- Ferry: 15min from the London Bridge City Pier for access to river rides crossing the heart of London
- Airports: 20 minute taxi ride to London City Airport and Battersea Heliport, 40minutes from London Gatwick, and an Hour from London Heathrow, Stansted and Luton.
Please be mindful that you are staying at our home so please respect our house rules:
- no smoking indoors
- no extra guests (other than those listed on the booking)
- no parties
- security deposit returned on check out
We really enjoy hosting guests and creating a special stay for you. That is because we are tidy, have attention to detail, and a love for hotels. We are also very proud of both London and our house, and love Airbnb as it lets us share both with other nice people! We are always keen to help you have the best trip to London, whether it be finding the best local restaurant, the fastest way to a meeting, or a special extra touch for a romantic weekend away.
Jamie : I'm sociable and friendly, but know when people need their own space. Enthusiastic, open minded, and sporty, with a love of politics. Passionately British, but not eccentric! I spend most of my time trying to resist ski expeditions, kite surfing trips, or water-skiing. I like to think that I can get on with anyone, from any background and any age.
Eric : I'm a friendly guy that loves pulling pranks on my boyfriend Jamie. I am a proud Australian and have lived in London for nearly 2 years. I have a terrible travelling bug that grows everyday within me. I love my premier league and support Arsenal. *CONTROVERSIAL* I also enjoy a night out on the town, so I can recommend where to go, for a good time.
If you have any questions, just ask.