About This Listing
Welcome to my clean & calm mid-century modern apartment in the sought-after neighborhood of Brentwood in LA. I have 3 years of fantastic experiences both as a host and traveler on Airbnb, and I know how to do it right. Read on, traveler!
My apartment is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment approximately 700 square feet (around 65meters square) located in the desirable neighborhood of Brentwood in Los Angeles, just on the edge of Santa Monica and about halfway between the beach and Hollywood. It's a quick ride (on a bike or in a car) to UCLA's main campus in Westwood. The apartment is decorated in a casually mid-century modern style and accommodates up to 4 people in 2 queen size beds (the 2nd of which is a positively luxurious AeroBed that can be set up in the living room).
As a host, my goal is to provide a easy, clean, comfortable, and convenient place for my guests to rest. Based on my extensive experience as a host and guest on Airbnb, I understand that when traveling for pleasure or business, time is often a precious commodity, and I strive to make sure that you don't have to spend extra time figuring out the little details. As my guest, you'll find that everything has been nicely explained.
As a traveler cleanliness is very important to me, and I'm guessing it is to you too. If not, well, I'm sure you still won't mind finding yourself in a place that feels as clean as it is. I've stayed in some places that looked immaculate in the pictures, but walking in made me want to walk out and touching anything made me want to wash my hands. This isn't one of those places. That doesn't mean that you'll arrive at an apartment that stinks of cleaning supplies (I make sure my housekeepers use cleaning supplies that are less chemical). But it does mean that I like to make sure that the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. :-)
Comfort is another important fact in my travels, and I guess it might be in yours too. Generally, for me, comfort is mostly about cleanliness I feel comfortable in a clean place -- but it helps to have a high-quality, well-protected mattress, plenty of nice seating, and soft, freshly laundered towels and sheets. These are all things that you will enjoy at my place.
I think after cleanliness, and convenience, character is the most important aspect of a rental. Who wants to stay in a place that could just as easily be anywhere else? For me, life isn't a McDonalds experience (though I'll admit I do enjoy a Mickey D's/MacDo treat about once a year). No, this is not just another cookie-cutter apartment decorated floor to ceiling with Ikea, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, or Target/Wal Mart furniture. My place is a little different and features some pricey new pieces, some good finds from LA's numerous vintage furniture shops as well as the famous Rose Bowl flea market. I admit there are a couple items from Ikea (the bedroom light fixtures, flatware, plates, dish towels, and a credenza), but everything else has character!!
MORE APARTMENT SPECIFICS
- Features an private outdoor patio
- Working fireplace
- Real bamboo hardwood floors throughout.
- Includes a dishwashing machine in the kitchen, a complete setup for cooking, high-speed internet and wi-fi, a large-screen flat panel plasma tv with access to programs and movies on the Roku box. Conveniently there is a clothes washer and dryer in the building (note: it costs $3 in quarters to wash and dry using the laundry machines).
YES, I OFFER FREE PRIVATE PARKING!!! It is free for you in my private reserved parking space in the building parking lot. The driveway is a little bit small, so it is a bit difficult with a large SUV, but most cars (except for the largest cars) shouldn't have any problem. I've seen large SUVs fit too, its just... tricky for some drivers.
Guests will have access to:
• free off-street parking in a reserved parking spot
• laundry machine (coin-operated)
• private patio with table a chairs for beautiful outdoor meals in the sun (or under the stars).
Interaction with Guests
I'm generally available by phone, SMS, email, as well as your standard smartphone and internet communication apps.
The apartment is located in the heart of Brentwood, one of the safest neighborhoods in Los Angeles.
Brentwood is generally quiet (it is nothing like Hollywood, Venice Beach, or Downtown LA). It is pretty close to the beach (a 55 minute walk, 15-20 minute bike ride, or 8-10 minute drive in the car). There are many restaurants, cafés, and bars within a short (5-10 minute) walk. You are within a few minutes of Santa Monica, UCLA, Westwood, and Culver City.
- Quick and easy bus ride to the Getty Museum
- Biking distance from the beach (3.3 safe miles with bike lanes or side streets if you prefer).
- 5-minute walk to grocery store
The neighborhood has tons of great restaurants, cafés, and bars, which range from very expensive to very affordable. I've included some of my favorites in the guidebook for the apartment.
- This is a great area if you're a jogger, because you can jog around the nearby Brentwood Country Club. You can also jog directly to the beach (only 3.3 miles from the apartment)
- Literati Cafe is a fantastic cafe just around the corner (2.5 blocks away). Perfect breakfasts and lunches. There are also many vegetarian and vegan dining options around here, though not all within walking distance (I am quasi vegan).
- Ralph's supermarket is just 2.5 blocks away. There is a Whole Foods grocery within somewhat far walking distance, I think less than 1 mile though. There is a Trader Joe's within a 5 minute drive from the apartment.
- There is a CVS pharmacy within 3 blocks from the apartment
There are 4 bus routes that stop within a short (5 minutes) walk from the apartment. There are an additional 3 bus routes that stop within a 10-minute walk. With these bus lines, you can get just about anywhere in LA. Contrary to popular belief, Los Angeles has a pretty good public transit system. The metro doesn't come as often as it does in Paris, but if you plan your trip, you can use it to get around quickly and cheaply.
Other Things to Note
• Free Private Parking
• Roku TV (not regular cable, but you can get access to fresh news from NPR, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. and there are literally hundreds of super interesting channels, its just they don't come streaming in automatically, you have to take time to choose them, its more like using YouTube than anything else. If you prefer you can also just hook your laptop up to the TV, as it has an HDMI input as well as other types of inputs.
1. Please consider how you would like your place to be cared for when someone visits your apartment -- and treat my place at least that well!
2. No smoking of anything (including e-cigs) in the apartment or on the building property please go to the sidewalk or beyond to smoke.
3. No pets.
4. No parties.
5. You must list all guests on the original reservation. If not, you must have explicit permission from me to include additional guests.
5. No film/video shoots. Personal photos
6. Do not eat or drink anything while sitting on the (very stainable) couch.
7. Please clean up any and all spills on the floor or table immediately, regardless of whether it is water or anything else.
8. Please leave your shoes at the door. Wearing shoes in the apartment wears down the floor.
9. Be careful -- the patio furniture tends to collect a lot of dust from the infamous Los Angeles air. For your clothes' sake as well as for my couch, please make sure the patio furniture isn't dirty prior to sitting on it, and then subsequently sitting on my couch.
10. After going to the beach shake off all sandy items (including your hair) outside the apartment.
Lots of clean and white. Natural light in bathroom is a very good thing. I have some.
Clean and comfortable apartment in a great area! Having a parking spot is a definite plus, though the parking lot is a little cramped but if you're careful it won't be a problem. Furnishings were great, really love the style. Would definitely return!
The place was just as pictured! The surrounding area is lush and beautiful- very close to shops and restaurants of Brentwood. It was a little tricky to get ahold of Ari- but his instructions were detailed and clear. I will say that the neighbors were a bit loud and this might not be the best place for a light sleeper. We had a great time and would recommend it. : )
Ari's Apartment is so perfectly located, clean and very cute'n'stylish. Ari was not present, but everything was extremely well organized and that made it a super smoothly procedure. Hope 2 be back some time! :-)
My first time using Airbnb and it was a success. Great location and wonderful space, not to mention quiet so you can get a great nights sleep! If you rent a car while visiting LA definitely go for compact as it made maneuvering the parking situation much easier. Perfect location for first timers and people know LA. Great experience. Thanks Ari!
You're welcome. Thanks for being a great guest, Janet!
I'd like to point out that larger vehicles, even full size vans, will fit in the parking, I've had guests successfully park Chevy Tahoes, for example, but it is a little tight, so it just takes some cautious maneuvering to back out of the parking lot.
Solid instructions make the process very easy, clean apartment, good location very safe. Did the job for me was definitely better space than a hotel. Was great having a private parking spot but if you don't drive often pulling out can be challenging and daunting. The host is not present so make sure you don't lose the key.
Hi Jesse! Thanks for being a great guest. It is true that during your stay I was not in town, however I will be back in a couple weeks and I have made sure that there is a backup key on file with my trusted friend (who lives here in LA, near Hollywood) as well as the handy-dandy app KeyMe, which means there is always a backup plan.
Cute, clean and conveniently located apartment! Ari has done a nice job making it feel homey and comfortable.
This host has 108 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ari
I originally grew up in Albany, New York where I enjoyed spending time in the woods (without once contracting Lyme), skateboarding, and snowboarding. I studied English and Film at the Colorado College and, upon graduation, got myself a TOEFL certificate so that I could travel the world and earn money. I worked for a school year as an English teacher in Bratislava, Slovakia, before coming home to the US and settling in NYC to pursue life as an indie filmmaker. I later moved to LA and quit filmmaking to get involved in a tech startup. My primary pleasures in life come from being close to my loved ones, backpacking, snowboarding, being politically active, getting to know all the wonderful people I come into contact with, and traveling (of course!)
Super fresh sushi... Pricey, but you get what you pay for.Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90049
Super tasty little German gastropub with a great beer selection (of course).Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90025
Super close, standard American supermarket.Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90025
Perfectly bridges the gap between restaurant and café. Excellent Coffee and Food, free wifi, great hangout.Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90025
Yummy food and bar.Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90025
Not sure whats wrong with Airbnbs mapping system, but the place Im trying to recommend is called Amandine Patisserie, and it is an amazing place to get french style pastries, brunch, and lunch.Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90025
Attractive and good Asian fusion restaurant.San Vicente Blvd #201 CA 90049
Fantastic food, live music, great service reasonable prices.Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90025
Delicious and satisfying and reasonably priced Italian restaurant.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Mmm, juicy American hamburgers. The best!San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles CA 90049
Good Chinese food in a pinch!San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles CA 90049
This is really a great Itanian restaurant. Highly recommended for food, service, and ambiance. Great place for a romantic date, or just for food lovers.San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles CA 90049
Deserts to die for. Dont start a diet in Brentwood, ladies and gents.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Good coffee good lunch. Free wifi parking.San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles CA 90049
High end grocery store. Excellent foods, most of it organic (bio, en francais). They also have lots of excellent prepared foods (super bon traiteur).Los Angeles CA 90049
Great Indian food a short walk from the apartment.Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90025
Superb Udon noodles, great Japanese food in general. Highly recommended.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Great sushi!Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles CA
Informal, alfresco burgers. A million different options. I dont eat here (I dont eat mean).San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Ive heard its good.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
It doesnt get much tastier, hipper, or more American than this place. Caution: Very Expensive (but worth it!).West San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Another great Italian restaurant in Brentwood.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
No need to visit Japan for unbelievably fantastic sushi. This is a once in a lifetime experience.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
When you are visiting the US, do yourself a favor and get a bagel. My favorite bagel sandwich is an everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato. Another good option is cream cheese and lox. Do it.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Mixed reviews on the food.... Some people love it, some dont Service can be spotty and it is very expensive.San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Apparently there are Jamaican Bagels here. Sounds interesting and fun. Check it out if you have a chance and let me know if you enjoy it!San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
Another Italian restaurant in BrentwoodSan Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90049
I go jogging around this golf course sometimes. Dont have to worry about traffic, and plenty of other joggers to say hi to along the way. :)South Burlingame Avenue Los Angeles CA 90049