Our B&B is located on the Sky Road ( Atlantic way) at the waterfront in a lovely bay. You will stay in our quiet and comfortable house.
There is double bedrooms ( double bed ), a triple bedroom ( double bed + single bed ), a family bedroom for 4 persons ( two double beds ) and a family bedroom for 5 persons ( two double bed + single bed ).
All lovely bedrooms are en suite with an amazing sea view.
You will enjoy your breakfast, full Irish or continental, in our dining room with ocean view.
Clifden town, heart of Connemara, is only at 5 minutes by car. You will found a lot of shop and pub to enjoy the Irish music.
Famous sites like Kylemore Abbey, Connemara National Park, Ballyconneely's golf, Roundstone or port of Cleggan (departure to Inishbofin) are very closed to us.
How to come:
GPS position of our B&B - Sat Nav
Latitude N(phone number hidden) & Longitude W(phone number hidden)
Decimal Degrees (phone number hidden)
Please note if you are driving from the Westport direction: Take the Sky Road, Atlantic Way, on your right, set 3 km from Clifden. Stay on this road for 1.5 km until you reach the B&B on your left.
If you are travelling from Galway: Upon arrival in Clifden, stay on the N59 Road for 3km and then take the Sky Road, Atlantic Way, on your left (do not take the Sky Road from Clifden itself). Stay on this road for 1.5 km until you reach the B&B on your left.
It is prohibited to smoke everywhere in the house.
No dinner and no alcool on the bedroom
The check in is from 17pm to 20pm and the check out is until 10am.
Children after 7 years old are welcome
Pets are not allowed
Notre séjour au b&b a été très agréable. La vue est superbe. Le b&b est idéalement situé au coeur du Connemara. Lydie nous a donné de nombreux conseils sur la région. La chambre était spacieuse et très propre, le petit déjeuner copieux. Nous y retournerons avec plaisir !
A wonderful setting with beautiful views. The room was cosy and comfortable and Lyddie was so friendly and welcoming. We had a delicious breakfast and really enjoyed the freshly baked scones. We would definitely recommend Waterfront Rest to anyone traveling in the Connemara area!!
Chambre confortable dans un splendide endroit, très calme avec un accueil chaleureux. Lydie est pleine de bons conseils sur la découverte des lieux et prépare un irish brekfeast au top! Je conseille!
Ma famille et moi avons passé un agréable séjour, bien que très court, dans le B&B de Lydie et Pierre. Nous n'avons pas eu l'occasion de parler avec Pierre, mais Lydie était très charmante et nous a très bien accueilli. La chambre était grande, la vue magnifique et le petit déjeuner copieux et délicieux.
Nous les recommandons vivement !
Lydie is a lovely host. We were warmly welcomed and it wasn't that difficult to find as others have commented. It is a beautiful location just outside the park. Lydie responded quickly to our reservation request and our room was perfect to sleep 5. We even had a kettle to make tea. The breakfast was delicious also! Thanks so much Lydie.
My mother and I stayed one night and were a bit disappointed with the B&B. Pros: Our host was kind and greeted us warmly. She was ok with our late arrival (9:30pm) and quickly got us situated in our room. Tea tray in the room was nicely laid out. Breakfast was good. Beautiful views from the B&B.
(1) Poor communication through Airbnb. I never received a reply back about a late checkin time or directions.
(2) Hard to find and poor signage. We were driving into nearby Clifden around dusk and would have easily found the B&B had proper directions or signage been available. My google maps only took us to Sky Rd, but we wandered for over an hour before finding the B&B in the dark. It was definitely a hard find - we eventually found it after stopping to ask a local and then another B&B owner.
(3) Very musty room. We were hoping it was just the carpet or air, but the bedding smelled very musty as well. The smell did not improve much with air circulation.
(4) Poor bedding quality and worn mattress. The pillows were very thin as well. While this may sound extra picky, we stayed in several cheaper B&Bs with much nicer bedding.
(5) Although there was an en suite bathroom, the shower was tiny and the water pressure very poor. I barely had room to turn around and I am not overweight by any means. The temperature was also hard to control (either very hot or very cold).
There were so many lovely reviews for this B&B, but I'm afraid ours isn't one of them. Maybe our experience was a fluke. There were several other groups and couples present who seemed utterly happy and smitten with the place. Perhaps it was just our room? (I guess don't ask for number 7). However, I would not stay here again and I did not think the price reflected the stay. Sorry!
Un accueil des plus chaleureux, un cadre magnifique, avec une chambre vue sur le lac avec un succulent Irish breakfast ! Le tout sur la skyroad!
En espérant y retourner très bientôt!
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews