Our B&B is located on the Sky Road ( Atlantic way) at the waterfront in a lovely bay. You will stay in our quiet and comfortable house.
There is double bedrooms ( double bed ), a triple bedroom ( double bed + single bed ), a family bedroom for 4 persons ( two double beds ) and a family bedroom for 5 persons ( two double bed + single bed ).
All lovely bedrooms are en suite with an amazing sea view.
You will enjoy your breakfast, full Irish or continental, in our dining room with ocean view.
Clifden town, heart of Connemara, is only at 5 minutes by car. You will found a lot of shop and pub to enjoy the Irish music.
Famous sites like Kylemore Abbey, Connemara National Park, Ballyconneely's golf, Roundstone or port of Cleggan (departure to Inishbofin) are very closed to us.
It is prohibited to smoke everywhere in the house.
It is forbidden to take a dinner in the bedroom
The check in is from 17pm to 20pm and the check out is until 10am.
Children after 5 years old are welcome
Pets are not allowed
Ma famille et moi avons passé un agréable séjour, bien que très court, dans le B&B de Lydie et Pierre. Nous n'avons pas eu l'occasion de parler avec Pierre, mais Lydie était très charmante et nous a très bien accueilli. La chambre était grande, la vue magnifique et le petit déjeuner copieux et délicieux.
Nous les recommandons vivement !
Lydie is a lovely host. We were warmly welcomed and it wasn't that difficult to find as others have commented. It is a beautiful location just outside the park. Lydie responded quickly to our reservation request and our room was perfect to sleep 5. We even had a kettle to make tea. The breakfast was delicious also! Thanks so much Lydie.
My mother and I stayed one night and were a bit disappointed with the B&B. Pros: Our host was kind and greeted us warmly. She was ok with our late arrival (9:30pm) and quickly got us situated in our room. Tea tray in the room was nicely laid out. Breakfast was good. Beautiful views from the B&B.
(1) Poor communication through Airbnb. I never received a reply back about a late checkin time or directions.
(2) Hard to find and poor signage. We were driving into nearby Clifden around dusk and would have easily found the B&B had proper directions or signage been available. My (website hidden) maps only took us to Sky Rd, but we wandered for over an hour before finding the B&B in the dark. It was definitely a hard find - we eventually found it after stopping to ask a local and then another B&B owner.
(3) Very musty room. We were hoping it was just the carpet or air, but the bedding smelled very musty as well. The smell did not improve much with air circulation.
(4) Poor bedding quality and worn mattress. The pillows were very thin as well. While this may sound extra picky, we stayed in several cheaper B&Bs with much nicer bedding.
(5) Although there was an en suite bathroom, the shower was tiny and the water pressure very poor. I barely had room to turn around and I am not overweight by any means. The temperature was also hard to control (either very hot or very cold).
There were so many lovely reviews for this B&B, but I'm afraid ours isn't one of them. Maybe our experience was a fluke. There were several other groups and couples present who seemed utterly happy and smitten with the place. Perhaps it was just our room? (I guess don't ask for number 7). However, I would not stay here again and I did not think the price reflected the stay. Sorry!
Un accueil des plus chaleureux, un cadre magnifique, avec une chambre vue sur le lac avec un succulent Irish breakfast ! Le tout sur la skyroad!
En espérant y retourner très bientôt!
Cadre et petits dejeunés sublimes.
Lydie est une hôte charmante qui a veillé à ce que le séjour se passe au mieux.
Chambres spacieuses et impecables, seule petite ombre au tableau l'insonorisation ... surtout quand le voisin ronfle si fort!
Superbe endroit, avec vue sur le lac magnifique. L'accueil est top, et on s'y sent comme à la maison. Je recommande vivement !
The stay at the Waterfront Rest was great. Lydie is a very good cooker and the communication was very easy. The area is amazing and the rooms are made with love and are very clean!
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews