Cozy room in a nicely decorated house, with friendly hosts and affectionate pets, centrally located, in a safe neighborhood near delicious eateries. Perfect for visiting interns or short-term travelers to Hartford looking for a real-home feel.
Greetings! We have ONE GUEST ROOM available for rent in our home, which is centrally located in West Hartford, on main bus line. It has a comfortable queen-size futon (that accommodates two people), a night table, dresser and closet space. This bedroom has two luminous windows, facing the backyard and is located next to the (shared) bathroom. Toiletries and towels are provided for your convenience, as well as information about nearby eateries.
Besides the guest room and the shared bathroom, the other areas guests have access to are a large fully-equipped kitchen, dining-room with TV, living-room and backyard (weather permitting).
* Free parking * is available (off-street during daytime; however guest's car must be parked in driveway overnight —as per town ordinance).
Washer and dryer are available on premises.
Interaction with Guests
- Our job schedules often accommodate flexible check-in/check-out times [please indicate your estimate arrival/departure time at time of booking].
– We are a youthful couple who have traveled around the world so we have many stories to share, but also appreciate and respect quiet time to rest during your stay.
- We are environmentally-friendly, healthy, and non-smoking, so we ask that if you choose to smoke, you do so outside the house.
- OUR PETS: Our family are our two black pets: we have a large breed, well-behaved coonhound mix dog whose big size might intimidate some people —but he is 100 lbs (50 kgs) of pure affection! (he is a BIG boy). We also have an extremely sociable 'tuxedo' cat that loves to follow people around the house and go for walks with the dog.
We love our neighborhood for the variety of cuisines available within walking distance of Park Road:
- Less than 3 minute walk there is Quaker Diner, Joey's Pizza, A.C. Petersen, J.René Coffee Roasters, Hearty Kitchen, Pho Vietnam, I Love Sushi, Sweet Chili (Thai), A Little Something Bakery.
- Within 6-8 minutes walk there is Chengdu, Plan B Burger Bar, Los Adobes (Mexican).
- The house is located a mile/12 blocks away from West Hartford's Blue Back Square, which is around 20 minutes by foot, and offers access to Whole Foods, seasonal farmer's markets, and over 25 restaurants and eateries.
Some other locations (distances by car):
- 1.3 miles to Noah Webster's House
- 1.9 miles to Mark Twain House & Museum and Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
- 2.2 miles to UConn Law School
- 2.5 miles to Trinity College
- 3.0 miles to Union Station (Amtrak/bus to NYC/New Haven/Boston)
- 3.6 miles to West Farms Mall Shopping Center
- 3.8 miles to UConn Health Center
- 5.0 miles to XL Center (and Hartford Convention Center)
- 6.3 miles to Central Connecticut State University
- 16.2 miles to Bradley International Airport
- 35 miles to Yale University (in New Haven)
There are two main bus lines that circulate by our house (Park Rd #33 & Quaker Ln #69) and run everyday. They connect with other lines that take you around West Hartford and Hartford, as well as Bradley International airport. The "30-Bradley Flyer" route is a semi-express shuttle between the airport and downtown Hartford (Union Bus/Train Station). It operates approximately hourly 7 days a week, takes about 30 minutes and the one-way fare is $1.50.
For more info, please (website hidden) "CT Transit schedules" to find details on specific routes.
Other Things to Note
We have a cat and x-large dog, he is friendly and well mannered. He will greet you profusely every time you enter the house, so be prepare for some puppy affection. People with allergies should refrain from booking. We keep the place as clean as possible but their fur/hair will stick in clothes and travel around!
This is a temporary stay within a household, with a maximum of seven consecutive days. We try to make your visit as pleasant as possible so if your trip requires more than a week stay, please send us a message to discuss your specific situation.
We welcome foreign travelers: Spanish and English are spoken in our household, and a bit of French!
Welcome! Bienvenidos! Bienvenue! :-)
- Non-smoker, drug-free, considerate, pet-loving people welcome.
- You must be comfortable with pets in the premises.
- Kitchen is shared, so dishes should be wash after each use.
- Our quiet time is usually 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM.
I absolutely had a great time. Running a little late? no worries, Bazinga the tuxedo cat was there to step in and keep me company. Most friendly laid back cat I have ever met.
Next to meet, Natacha - very warm and friendly with some excellent advice on things to do and see in West Hartford. She was very knowledgeable about the area and about how to prepare for the CT winter (very key for someone who is not from the Northeast or any other cold climate). Turns out we have great fashion taste - we both had UNIQLO jackets ... both purple though different shades.
Bastian is no kidding, a huge dog. That being said he is absolutely a gentle giant and very well behaved even while excited to meet people. Despite being quite tiny myself, he did not attempt to knock me over or jump on me.
The house itself is unique and there everywhere you look there are interesting artistic pieces to catch your eye. It's somewhat eclectic but I think that lends to the house's charm. It's also well insulated from the cold and the bed and pillows were also quite comfortable. I have a futon at home so it really felt almost like being home.
Natacha and Mike were great hosts! I was in town for an interview, and couldn't have asked for a more comfortable stay. I wasn't in the house much, but they were both very welcoming when I arrived. The room was a comfortable temperature- especially important since I arrived the day the temperature in Connecticut dropped by 20 degrees! They are located in a prime location in West Hartford- 5 min from Blue Back Square, 15 min from Hartford Hospital, and in 1 min walking distance from the best coffee in town (J Rene). I would definitely stay again.
Natacha was great; she gave me access when I got in before her. The house was clean, and the guest room had a comfy futon, desk, and toiletries. It was a great experience. She left a list of restaurants and bus info printed out too.
We had a great stay at Natacha and Mikes place in West Hartford! With Natacha being out of town and Mike coming back late at night from a business trip, they were exceptionally flexible with letting my check myself in, which was very much appreciated. Natacha even sent a message late at night to make sure we made it in without issue. The home was clean, comfortable, and affordable. We will definitely look to stay here again next time we return to the Hartford area!
For late night indulgence, Plan B Burger Bar around the corner was great and had a nice selection of beers on tap. For breakfast, Mike's recommendation to go to the Quaker Diner was on the money! The corned beef hash and eggs with cheesy home fries hit the spot. It's a must-do for foodies staying with Mike and Natacha!
It was the best decision I could made. Natacha and Mike are very friendly and helpful. The dog is lovley and everything is clean and tidy! I can highly recommend it to everyone!
Natacha and Mike are so nice. The room is very clean and tidy. There are many great restaurant around the house. You can enjoy a great breakfast. The transportation is very convenient. It takes 25minutes from airport to the house by taxi.If you have any question you can ask Natacha and Mike they always glad to help you. It's a perfect choice to live in Natacha's house:)
World traveler, amateur photographer, design professional. I live in West Hartford, CT, conveniently located between New York and Boston, and everything New England has to offer!