Cozy luxury apartment in Castell-Platja d'Aro, with pool.
- 5 minutes walk from the beach
- 3 minutes walk, excellent harbor Port d'Aro
- 5 minutes walk from the shopping area with cinemas, shops, restaurants, ...
- 8 minutes walk from Platja d'Aro
- 20 minutes walk, 5 minutes by car, famous and beautiful, Cala Sa Conca, S'agaro.
Quiet area with all amenities at hand.
Apartment decorated with objects of high quality and design, consisting of:
1 bedroom with double bed, en suite with bath.
1 bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom in front.
Kitchen, fully equipped
Living and dining room
Air conditioning and heating.
Swimming in communal area.
If you travel by car ... Castell d'Aro is situated in a strategic, easy and central access for trips to the beautiful surroundings that the Costa Brava offers.
We will recommend beautiful beaches, rocky coves with crystal clear waters and beautiful old towns, that you should not miss ...
Castell d'Aro, a few kilometres from the Mediterranean Sea, has within its municipal boundaries, one of the busiest places on the Costa Brava: Platja d'Aro. The town, which began around this defensive fortification, is a Site of National Interest, while its splendid beaches have the "Blue Flag" quality award.
On the coast, beside clear waters and long beaches of golden sand, Platja d'Aro has grown up.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1708 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$5694 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
The pros and cons of our experience which is globally positive.
- very punctual, warm and kind welcome by Christian. Thanks to him for being so helpful and nice, full of services ! :)
- warm apartment with a lot of "cachet" and corresponding well to the photos (although we imagined it bigger)
- apartment very well located in the pedestrial area of the city; very close to the beach, shops, restaurants, with very few cars or trafic... We could go outside with our 2-years-old son in good security conditions; Perfect !
- apartment not very well adapted for babies or young kids; better for couples without kids (no place for kid playing or resting, cold floor not adapted for playing, rustic environment more acceptable for adults)
- no washing machine, which is particularly painful with kids who always get dirty several times a day... no dish washer too... Micro-wave not present at our arrival, but Christian could find one and save us for our baby's meals :))))
- no car park close to the apartment, except street parking (but Christian could find some arrangement to park the car in a safe place, better than in the street)
- minimal bathroom, without any furniture to put all necessary things (and with kids we need more than usual); italian shower that makes water all over the bathroom...
- hot water veeeery long to come; makes a big waste of cold water before getting it warm when necessary
- interphone for the 2 apartments (ours and one upstairs) without distinctive labels, resulting in frequent accidental ringing for the wrong place, waking up our baby when aslept... Labels would be welcome to avoid accidental ringing by visitors of the other apartment
Globally we appreciated quite much our stay in Tossa; the city is nice and pleasant especially thanks to the medieval city area, which makes it very pleasant to cross by foot with the kids. Some restaurants very much pleased us (La Lluna, Capri, Meistre de Aixa); others were promising but finally disappointing (Taverna de Tossa).
One very bad grade for ice creams: extremely expensive (2* the regular price even in supermarket; => 6.5 euros for 3 Magnums for example) for only standard (industrial) ice creams: this is a real scamming !
A comfortable apartment in a perfect location, right near the beach, shops and market. We didn't need to eat out, as once we had been to the daily market (steps away) we could enjoy lunch and dinner on the lovely terrace. Even though we were so close to everything the apartment is on a quiet street so lovely to relax on the terrace in the evening. Kristjan and Ana were great hosts and the apartment was equipt with everything we needed (the small things, like lots of tupperware super helpful when travelling with a baby!!).
We had a great time overall and wish we could have stayed longer!!!
Tossa de Mar was my son's favourite part of our trip. Kristjan and Ana's apartment was beautiful renovated and it was wonderful to experience the history of Tossa including staying in a historic apartment. The location was perfect in the old town and just a minute or two to the beach. The restaurant a few doors down was the perfect neighbourhood bistro and the local small grocery store had everything we needed and more. Kristjan and Ana met us as we entered town and showed us where to park and even helped carry in our bags. We would highly recommend a stay with them.
Kristjan y Ana were very helpful with everything. Answering at every question very very fast. they let us a bottle of wine as a welcome gift, we had everything we could need when arriving by plane: café and filters, soap for hands and shower, linen and towels...
7 adults is really a maximum for the appartment as bathroom and toilets (only1) is in the same room and one room is very small. nevertheless, we spent a nice we.
the appartment is in a quiet area, no problem for sleeping. about 30 minutes walking from barrio gothico and 15 minutes to the beach (villa olympica). Table is expendable, we had chairs for everybody.... Ana y Kristjan really did everything so we could feel comfortable in this place: thanks to them!
Ana & Kristjan are super kind, gentle, polite and attentive hosts who are definetely recommended for your trips to Barcelona!
The apartment fully matched to the description, was clean and stylish. Ana & Kristjan were very helpful giving us personal recommendations about the nearest supermarkets, farmacies, bakery, etc. Ana even collected for me the information about the best Spanish baby milk (formula) to feed my 3 months old son travelling with us.
You will never remain without support with such hosts and will never regret about your choice!
Thank you Ilona, for this very nice review, and warm.
It is the best reward that a homeowner can get.
We live this work, with love, and offer the best to our customers unconditionally ... is very satisfying.
Read the customer perception, is priceless. It is fantastic ...
Ana and Kristjan were very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay pleasant and to help us with all our needs during our stay, this went well beyond the normal host activities, for this I thank you both so much. Unfortunately the house was not perfect and in my opinion was over-priced for the quality of fittings, time of year etc. A big thank you to our hosts and I trust they will remedy the house problems before the next occupants.
Thank you very much for your review, and I regret some minor inconveniences, we appreciate your understanding.
Today, technicians are reviewing the closure of the washing machine, and bathroom to be repaired for the next occupants.
We are happy to know that you've been happy with our service.
I can’t say enough about this apartment, our hosts, Christjan and Ana, and the coastal village of Tossa de Mar! Christjan and Ana were always quick to respond to our emails, very flexible regarding our uncertain arrival time and extremely thoughtful, providing a list of restaurant recommendations and an offer to make dinner reservations for our New Year's Eve celebration in Tossa. Additionally, Ana offered to help us find new accommodations after learning that our first reservation in Barcelona (with a different host) had fallen through. She even offered to meet up with us in Barcelona if necessary!
We arrived late on New Year's Eve in Tossa de Mar and Christjan was there to greet us with a bottle of Cava (Spanish sparkling wine). When he discovered that we were unprepared to celebrate the Catalan New Year’s Eve tradition of eating grapes at midnight, he insisted that we must enjoy this authentic local experience. He returned with grapes in hand, generously taking time from his own holiday celebration. It was a truly memorable experience, standing on the terrace overlooking the town and the bay as fireworks burst over the village, listening to the townspeople celebrating below.
The apartment was spacious,clean and well equipped with all of the necessities. Most notable was the amazing terrace with a breathtaking, and possibly the best panoramic view of the town, cliffs and beach below. It was the perfect spot for watching the sun rise over the Mediterranean while listening to the waves break on the beach. The town of Tossa is absolutely charming. We loved strolling through the narrow medieval streets, visiting the ancient fort, and the view from the cliffs overlooking the town and the sea. The restaurants that Ana recommended were fantastic, giving us the opportunity to experience the places where the locals eat.
If you are planning a visit to the Costa Brava, I highly recommend a stop in Tossa De Mar with Christjan and Ana! You will not find better hosts or a better view!
This is a great little apartment literally around the corner from the beach in Tossa de mar. Perfect location. Apt itself was very clean, though furnishings are a little cheap, but that's kind of what you'd expect from a beach apartment. Would definitely stay again.
Kristjan and Ana were terrific hosts, and made sure we had everything we needed even over the xmas holidays. We had a great time in the warm and sunny weather during the middle of winter..
The apartment is located in a great spot! The beach is less than five minutes away, and there are many restaurants and stores within a quick walk. The apartment has a great atmosphere, and is the perfect size for two couples. We definitely recommend this apartment.
Prior to our visit email communications with Ana were very good and we were met at Tossa de Mar bus station by a friend of Ana's.
Since our return we have given feedback to Ana about the problems we experienced and poor decoration and condition of the apartment. We had expected to meet her on the Wednesday of our stay on her return from Paris. But we heard nothing from her.
On our first night the dishwasher flooded the kitchen floor, it was not plumbed in properly. We didn't use it again.
The apartment is in need of being updated, in particular the kitchen. Some items need to be replaced as they are a safety hazard. The wooden doors that separate the shower room from the living area are in a poor state.....I could go on.
Overall the apartment does not have a feel good factor. It was priced too high for what it is.
The saving grace was that the weather was good so we could eat outside on the terrace.
Tossa is a pleasant town and the beaches were clean and uncrowded.
Originally we thought that the apartment was owned by Ana, but her and Kristjan manage it along with several others. Ana did offer us a discount if we return, needless to say we won't be.
Hi Jean ,
We appreciate your comments , even lamenting that the apartment has not met your expectations , but since I have the opportunity to respond .. I want to clarify , I believe that your opinion is exaggerated.
- For decoration, it is a matter of taste ... and decoration that you found , is identically the same as photos .
- I do not understand , because you reproach me , that did not go to see you on Wednesday , on my return from vacation. I offered it , of course. But it was a simple visit to meet you personally . I had a little accident in Paris , which made me come back injured , and as I live in Barcelona , it was difficult to come to Tossa . It is not normal , make visits to customers during the stay.
But if you had informed me , about a problem, you have no doubt what we would have come, we , or a technician .
- During your stay , we exchange a text message. I do not understand , because NEVER , ever mentioned about these problems, including the flooding of the dishwasher , it's important not ?
I do not know what the problem is , but after you told me in an email , within 24 hours of departure ... I checked , and this problem has not occurred .
- I will not deny that such bathrooms could be reformed .... that "some " wood could , varnished or repaired ... but I will not accept, that none of these things are "safety hazard" .
- Nor will I accept to say that the price was high . You pay less than the going rate .
I remember you were staying in an apartment with many privileges , among others , its location , its ocean view, its tranquility ... Mar -Shirt is an exclusive . Just look around ...
Just tell you, so sorry for your disappointment , and just for that I offered a discount, but I respect that you do not want to go to sleep with us.
- I do not think it matters if the apartment is my property or a friend ... I think you were well received and attended.
Few people will come in to pick up the bus station to take you by car to the apartment , avoiding walking 15 minutes to the apartment with luggage, or take a taxi .
In short , we are happy, because this summer we received more than 60 comments " all satisfactory " and this encourages us to continue on the same path .
Fortunately , all our customers have been very satisfied, even us personally and said ... not be said more .
The other reviews speak for themselves …
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.