About This Listing
This is a comfortable room with a queen size feather bed and attached bathroom. The bedroom has two large windows with a garden view and vineyard view and an expansive view of Chiles Valley.
The private bathroom has a claw foot tub with shower attachment.
This is one of the five guest rooms in our guest house which shares a large commercial kitchen, large living room and dining room, and front and back decks with spectacular valley views.
The guesthouse is surrounded by gardens, lawn, walking paths, horse corrals, vineyards and an onsite winery.
The property is a 500+ acre ranch in a very remote part of the Napa Valley, approximately 7 miles or 15 minutes from the Silverado Trail at the town of Rutherford. There are no restaurants, shops or other commercial businesses within 7 miles of the ranch.
We serve a full country breakfast each morning and offer wine and hors d'oeuvres most evenings.
This is a place to explore or to just enjoy the peace and quiet and all of the animals that live on the property.
The stay with Susan & Jim was just wonderful. It was nice to get a bit more of a real relaxed environment away from the downtown Napa tourist crush! Breakfast was delicious, the dogs were sooo sweet, and the setting was just lovely.
My son and I had the most incredible stay at RustRidge B&B. Our experience there made our weekend so special and unique. We loved the peace and quiet, the rustic, country feel, and all of the animals. Every morning we were served a delicious breakfast (which my son would devour!), and then enjoy a stroll through the ranch and vineyard. We are so grateful for the personal hospitality that we experienced. Our only regret was that we didn't get to meet Susan and her husband, but their friends who were taking care of things were fabulous. We really enjoyed our conversations with them, and with the other guests, who we had a lovely time with. For us, this was a perfect place to stay.
Why this is property was perfect for me;
1. surrounded by gorgeous nature and wildlife, vineyard and pastures with grazing horses.
2. welcoming, gracious and hospitable hosts Susan & Jim. They are very helpful with recommendations to restaurants, directions and activities.
3. Clean, comfortable and cozy bedroom. The attached private bathroom had amenities; hair dryer, soap, shampoo& conditioner, bubble bath soap, Q Tips and cotton pads.
4. Delicious bountiful breakfast served every morning, varieties of eggs, sausage/bacon, potato, bread, pastries, fruit salad, yoghurt, juice and coffee.
5. Afternoon gatherings around the kitchen (reminds me of my real home) sipping wine from the vineyard eating cheese and crackers, meeting other guest staying at the b&b. For dinner Jim started the BBQ and added wine grape Vine... it was heavenly!!! We brought food and utilized their huge kitchen to prepare dinner.
6. Wine....especially their Zinfandel. Second choice is their Chardonnay. Susan and Jim will share their knowledge of wine, I learned a great deal during my stay.
7. Horse racing memorabilia, watching horses graze in green pastures - just makes me very happy. I enjoyed talking horse with Jim.
8. Close enough to civilization - I never bothered to go visit St. Helena, Napa or Calistoga... I had everything I needed.. They have a pool, hot tub, tennis court and miles of hiking trail/path around their vineyard.
9. They offer wireless internet access if you must.... I was so happy to know that my cell did not get reception in the area. GPS worked so I had to trouble finding the ranch.
I was very exited to come stay and they met every expectations I had of this place. Added bonus is to see the dogs and cats very relaxed around the property, horses well cared for, great people I met and how well I slept on their comfy bed.
I highly recommend this place!!!!
This host has 23 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Susan
Our secluded property, once a large thoroughbred horse and black angus ranch, was purchased by my family in 1972. Now it reflects my husband's and my two passions: wine and horses. We continue to breed and race thoroughbreds and each spring; just about the time new buds form on the grape vines, new foals are born.
The guesthouse is a rambling ranch style home with racing memorabilia, antiques, a large commercial style kitchen, wonderful views, decks, vegetable garden and pool area. We have been hosting guests here for 24 years. We have met wonderful people who have become great friends. Most people who stay here have an adventuresome spirit. They are risk takers and like to meet new people. Your experience here will not be ordinary, we would venture to say it will be extraordinary and memorable.
The grapes were first planted in the mid 70's. We grow Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel and Petite Sirah. The winery was founded by my brothers Stan and Grant in 1985. It is housed in a renovated hay storage barn. We took over the reins of the operations in 1990. I am the winemaker and Jim is the vineyard manager and horseman. Helping us handcraft the estate-bottled wines produced by RustRidge is distinguished winemaker Kent Rosenblum aka Dr. Zin. Vines are organically grown and dry farmed, we have some of the oldest vines in Napa Valley!
Jim and I along with our three dogs, fourteen cats and seventeen horses invite you to experience our unique lifestyle, enjoy great wines and unwind in our idyllic environment.