About this listing
This upstairs apartment is surrounded by trees in the midst of a garden. It dates from the 1920s & has wonderful oak floors & large windows with Craftsman touches.
Walk to UT, restaurants, shops, Grocery.
Make sure to check out my Guidebook.
The garage apartment was built in the 1920s and has gorgeous original oak floors & trim throughout. Large vintage windows provide abundant light. Modern & antique furniture. Beautifully decorated & immaculately clean.
We are constantly making improvements & incorporate almost all guest suggestions. Most recent updates include West Elm area rug, resurfaced bathtub, updated tub handles & pipes. a desk...
^superfast wireless internet
^ Roku TV with Netflix
^1 bedroom w Queen size Bed
^Living Room has a double pull out bed (with mattress topper- cumfy!)
^ Cute Balcony - ideal for sipping coffee
^ Full Kitchen with fridge & Gas Stove
^ cooking and dining utensils
^ 500 threadcount sheets & fine towels
^ Coffee grinder and maker
^ coffee, tea & fixings
^ all pillows and duvets are in allergy bags
^ hair dryer
^ iron & ironing board
The apartments supports a green living lifestyle:
biodegradable non-toxic laundry soap, Organic locally roasted coffee, Organic 500 thread count sheets Bamboo towels, All natural cleaning products, Grey water system
Great Location for SXSW
Close to Central Market, Wheatsville CO-OP, UT Campus, and The Drag
walking distance to UT & restaurants
One block from Capitol Metro #1,#5, and *Night Owl bus lines
*** Sorry, no infants or small children ***
Their own apartment and a large garden with seating & dining areas. Off street parking.
Interaction with Guests
It is always a treat to meet guests at checkin, visit with them in the garden or even share a glass of wine. Alternatively, it is not unusual for guests to check themselves in & out with communications all by text. Although I miss meeting them in person, this method works remarkably well too.
I often travel for work & fun. If I am out of town, there is always a "property manager" available on site.
Hyde Park is close to downtown, UT, 6th street and all the other "action". But it is an historic neighborhood one hundred year old homes with large trees and lively gardens; making a quiet get away.
We are 1 block from the 1 or 5 bus routes that go right downtown & run every 10 minutes. We are also on the UT free transit bus.
Getting here from the airport:
Uber is $15-17 and is my prefered way to get from the airport.
Taxis run between $30-35 and is fast.
Supershuttle is a minibus that is shared with 2-3 other peopIe, costs about $15 and is medium slow.
The city bus #101 is only $1 and very slow.
I highly recommend Car2Go - a shared vehicle service as an alternative to renting a car. You can even get them to and from the airport (costs about $10). but you have to sign up in advance.
Other Things to Note
What to expect.
We really want you to have a great stay & go out of our way to make it happen. However we are not a hotel, so there is more chance of unexpected things happening, both good & bad. The apartment is a great value (less than half the price of a hotel in the area), so hopefully that makes up for our short comings.
I try to keep a 5* rating with Airbnb so let me know if anything is not working for you.
Make yourself at home!
* From 3:00 on the day of your arrival, the apartment will be unlocked & key inside so you can arrive at your leisure. If you need an earlier time, let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
* About a week before you arrive, I will email detailed instructions on how to find the apartment, where to park, etc.
* If you need anything, please text me at (phone number hidden).
* Please note that during the weekdays from 8-5 on street parking requires a permit. So parking in the driveway may be more convenient.
* Please smoke outside only & kindly use an ashtray.
* Please feel free to use any of the outdoor spaces, including hammock & dining table
* There is a composting bin if you wish to use it, as well as recycling containers.
* There are large trash & recycling bins between the Main house & the apartment. The large blue bin is recycling the small green is trash.
* Please keep noise down after 10:00p.m. weekdays and midnight on weekends.
From Mar 1 - May 31, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.