This listing is for:
~ APARTMENT (B&B)
Other listings for Killarney View House:
~ SINGLE ROOM
~ DOUBLE ROOM
~ TWIN ROOM
~ TRIPLE ROOM
~ FAMILY ROOM
Our spacious 2 bedroom apartment (2 double beds, 1 single bed) opens out to a furnished private patio, great for kicking back and taking in breathtaking panoramic river views! Only a ten minute walk to the town center and a 2 minute walk to the INEC!
The large bathroom has a deep soaking bathtub and a separate shower; a hair dryer is available!
In the large Living Room, a TV and a DVD player offer entertainment while you relax in front of the fireplace with a relaxing glass of wine (wine glasses & bottle opener supplied).
The kitchen has a separate dining area. The kitchen is fully equipped with cutlery, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, stove-top/oven/grill, cleaning/cooking utensils, kettle, toaster and a microwave. A Welcome Pack of Tea/Coffee & Biscuits is complimentary.
A private entrance, a washing machine, a clothes line, an iron/ironing board, a full Irish Breakfast with freshly baked bread/scones, free onsite secure parking, free WiFi AND daily housekeeping are among the extra conveniences offered!
Killarney View House Description:
Nestled on the banks of the River Flesk, Killarney View House is a family run Bed & Breakfast. The house is the ideal point of departure for your excursions, from here, you can enjoy easy access to all that the lively town has to offer. All rooms are en-suite with TV and stunning views of the river and surrounding mountains.
The Guest Lounge, overlooking the river with open fire, is the ideal place to relax after a day of site seeing around the scenic beauty spots of Kerry, or catch some sun while siting out on the veranda and admiring the panoramic views of the river & mountains.
Killarney View House is located next-door to the INEC Concert and Convention Center and is also located adjacent to Killarney National Park, with numerous Walking & Cycling Trails & Spectacular views of the Mountain Range. We would be delighted to organize any off site activity, whether it is golfing, horse riding or biking. Killarney View House is the ideal place to stay for your visit to Killarney no matter what the occasion.
A warm welcome & friendly service awaits you at Killarney View House.
- Nestled on the banks of the River Flesk
- Free private parking on site
- We arrange all your local tours
- Full Irish Breakfast/ Continental Breakfast included
- Bikes Rental available at house
- Tours of Ring of Kerry and other scenic spots can be booked from the house.
- All rooms en-suite with TV
- Outdoor veranda
- Daily housekeeping
- Guest Lounge with open fire & complimentary tea/coffee
- 10 min. walk to Killarney Town
- Opposite Killarney National Park
- Spacious Family Rooms available
- Sat-Nav Coordinates: Lat. N52\'02.836 Long. W 009\' 30.37
Both Mary and her son Neil were exceptionally nice, and we enjoyed our stay here. First, the positives, and then a few important caveats.
* Friendly hosts
* Great location on the river
* Free biscuits, tea, and coffee
However, there are a few things to be aware of:
1. The listing in AirBnB says that it's the whole house or flat, but the "2-bedroom" listing was actually two separate bedrooms connected by a public hallway in a much larger B&B, complete with others' room doors down the hall.
2. The wifi was spotty at best. Neither of our devices could stay connected for longer than a minute or so at a time. We resorted to using data roaming, which at Edge speeds ended up more reliable and faster (!).
3. Despite us being the only family staying in the entire B&B during this off season, there was plenty of noise upstairs which transferred down through our bedroom ceilings well into the night. With our two young children sleeping at 8-9pm, laughing and general loud talking at midnight was a bit disappointing.
4. One bedroom's bath was so small as to require one to lean against the sink whilst on the toilet.
5. Our rooms were quite cold when we arrived, and took hours to warm up. Neil made every effort to speed this along, but we went to sleep a bit cold.
All that said, Neil & Mary were the highlight of our stay. Neil was tremendously helpful with local directions and restaurant recommendations. Overall, I feel the place was a bit different from what I expected from the listing, given the caveats above, but we enjoyed the friendly help and support from both hosts.
Had the place to ourselves and made very comfortable and welcomed, Kathleen and Margaret looked after us well and helped with local knowledge
Very nice location, 25 minutes walk from the city centre but quiet, nearby the river and few minutes from the National Park.
She was very helpfull and rent some bikes for us.
We loved the place Mary found for us. Roomy and comfortable in a great location!
The location is a decent 20 minute walk to the downtown activity. We had 5 adults, but the apartment may be more suitable for 4 adults or less.
Although there was wifi listed it did not work unless you were at the opposite end of the building in the breakfast area.
Kathleen, our host was a darling, but there was a little confusion with our check-in initially.
We were married the following weekend and Mary left us a lovely wedding card. We appreciated the extra mile.
The staff was friendly and breakfast was nice, given our location we weren't able to access the wifi, and the hot water in the shower was on the fritz. Otherwise a very nice experience.
The reservation was canceled 81 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We stayed for two nights in Killarney and loved every minute of it! Mary was a fantastic host and the apartment was brilliant. Would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a short or long stay in Killarney.