About This Listing
Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Andrew and Justin were really welcoming and friendly(the cats too). The room was clean and comfortable. It's a great location to east 6th st, bars with good music, art, great food. The house is simple and cozy. Really enjoyed our stay with Andrew and Justin. Hosts were also great with providing recommendations. Would highly recommend!
Very pleased with my stay. Andrew was an ease to work with and able to accommodate me last minute, and his roommate Justin was also friendly and a great resource for things to do in the neighborhood. It's a tiny house, but it was friendly, quiet, safe and in an excellent location for getting out to explore. Would love to come back and visit!
Really enjoyed our stay with Andrew and Justin. Place was walking distance to East 6th street. Room and bed were really comfortable. Hosts were also great with providing recommendations. Would highly recommend!
Andrew is a great host. My flight was delayed and as a result I arrived in Austin late in the day, which was not a problem, however, as Andrew was very accommodating to organise a check-in that suited me. The place is in a great location with both downtown and the UT within walking distance (about 35 min) and otherwise is close to a number of bus stops and nice places to eat. The house and room are as advertised. I had a chance to spend time with both Andrew and Justin and can only say how forthcoming they were. An example: when Andrew found out that I was planning on moving through Austin on foot and since rain was forecast, he right-away offered my an umbrella for the duration of my stay. The cats are cute and unafraid of strangers. All in all, it was a pleasure to stay here.
The house was easy to find and good value for money. It is very old and walking distance of 6th street. I briefly met Justin and Andrew, who were friendly.
About the Host, Andrew
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.
Great, unique pizza!B Rosewood Ave Austin TX 78702
Convenience store, useful for all the miscellaneous stuff you may need. From milk, to eggs, toiletries, pet food, and an AMAZING BEER SELECTION.Rosewood Avenue Austin TX 78702
Sweet dive barEast 6th Street Austin TX 78702
Fresh ingredients, great food.E 6th St Austin TX 78702
Delicious food at this food truck. Thai-Mex fusion. The Grackle, great bar, is next to itE. 6th Street Austin TX 78702
Great dive bar, has an East Side Kings food truck in the backE 6th St Austin Texas 78702
Liquor Store, walking distanceEast 11th Street Austin TX 78702
Fancy hole in the wall, great drinks.East 6th Street Austin TX 78702
The BEST BBQ in AUSTIN.Austin TX 78702
Close, cheap groceries. A step down from Whole Foods, but conveniently close in a pinch.East 7th Street Austin TX 78702
Cool place, good coffee, beersSan Marcos Street Austin TX 78702
Delicious.Austin TX 78702-4604
Vegan Options, delicious.East Cesar Chavez Street Austin TX 78702
PIZZARed River Street Austin TX 78701
Good tacosManor Road Austin TX 78722
Arguably the best tacosManor Road Austin TX 78722-1707
Historical value!Congress Street Austin TX 78701
Fun coffeeSouth Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704
Awesome coffeehouse, great foodEast 38th 1/2 Street Austin TX 78722-1927
Great coffee and drinks, live music, BBQTown Creek Dr Austin TX 78741
The biggest Whole Foods store you can imagine.Bowie Street Austin Texas 78703
You like to eat late?North Lamar Boulevard Austin TX 78703
PIZZASouth Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704-2434
Amazing burgersSouth Congress Avenue Austin TX 78704-2487
This place has it all, beer, food, its a convenience store, wine, etc.South I H 35 Austin TX 78704-3628
Great breakfast / mexican.East Oltorf Street Austin TX 78704
Swimming! A natural, spring fed swimming area. Its amazing on a hot day.Barton Springs Road Austin TX 78746-5736
Beautiful park.Barton Springs Rd Austin TX 78746
Swimming! Great place.Deep Eddy Avenue Austin TX 78703-4612
Great foodKerbey Lane Austin TX 78731
Great foodAustin TX 78704
Gorgeous place, though check to see if they are allowing swimming. (website hidden)Hamilton Pool Rd Dripping Springs TX 78620