Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Andrew and Justin were great hosts. They were friendly and volunteered good info about Austin when asked. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was tidy. It was quiet and we felt safe in the neighborhood, walking downtown and to other areas of the city. Andrew's landlord apparently does not maintain the outside of the house very well and for our taste it could have been a bit cleaner inside. All and all we had a fantastic visit to Austin and adored the cats, especially Thor.
Fantastic hosts, fantastic room, fantastic location, affordable price. I could not recommend Andrew's room more - both he and his roommate were fantastic hosts, offering us very good recommendations and were super accommodating to our every need. Can't wait to come back.
Oh, and the two cats at the apartment? Incredibly friendly, adorable, and fun. I'm a dog person, and I love these cats.
I loved staying with Andrew and Justin. Their place is in a great location and was very comfortable. I felt like I was staying with two friends who I haven't seen in a long time. If you get a chance to stay with them, do it; you won't regret it.
Andrew and his roommate were great hosts! Their house is in a great location just minutes drive from lots of attractions and restaurants in Austin. Andrew was also great to check-in and see how things were going. The cats were awesome as well!
It was a great experience staying the room. Unfortunately, we had no chance to meet Andrew, but his house mate Justin helped us to checkin. He was very nice and friendly. As were their two lovely cats. The place is paradise for cat lovers!!
Justin was very welcoming and friendly. He provided alot of information about the area and was available for anything that might come up. The place was just as described online, and overall the stay was great. The house is nice and quirky in a very low key neighborhood with other nice houses around, and it is not far at all from grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, etc. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for an easy and comfortable place to stay with friendly people.
I was halfway through an awesome review, changed screens and the airbnb app deleted it. I'm not rewriting that beauty, so I'll summarize. Didn't meet Andrew, other roommate Justin was crazy helpful. Walking distance to every type of food/bar possible. Clean house, awesome cats. Justin always answered my texts immediately when I had questions which was great. Helped make my visit very memorable. Thanks guys!!
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.