Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Super nice and accommodating. Never actually met Andrew because we were on different schedules but he was very communicative and helpful throughout my stay, making things as easy as possible for me. Also obsessed with his cats they are adorable.
Andrew and Justin were super friendly and accommodating! The room was clean and comfortable. It's a great location just 20 minutes from the convention centre with some good places to eat. I will be coming back :)
Andrew was helpful and friendly. The house is conveniently close to downtown- totally bikeable. Clean, comfortable room with all the necessities.
Andrew and his roommate Justin are so welcoming and friendly (like much of Austin). You can tell that they are genuinely nice people, and truly wish you have the best stay while in town. As soon as we arrived they were willing to give us recommendations throughout town. The place itself is small, but there really is no need for anything more than a bed while you're there, seeing that the city has so much to do. Location is great, the east side of town is right around the corner, and buses to get downtown are down the street. Really great place to stay, and definitely added to our experience.
Excellent communication with Andrew. Now on to business and the keys to having a successful businesss is location, location and location. 2 miles to Rainey, 3.5 miles to SoCo and less than 1 mile to 6th street. Plenty of parking in front of the house. The house is clean and the shower is hot. This place is all about location location location. You can walk to Franklins and get in line for the bbq, walk to Juan in a million. Coffee shops galore. Food trucks galore. Method.Hair is within walking distance. This is the best location and the price for all this is so reasonable.
Andrew and Justin were great hosts and very welcoming when we met them. The listing was very accurate about what the accommodations were like. The space was perfect as a home-base while we explored the city (walking and using the bike-share was very convenient from their house). I would definitely recommend staying here and hope we can come back in the future! The cats were super friendly and made staying here seem even more homey.
Andrew and Justin were great hosts. They were friendly and volunteered good info about Austin when asked. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was tidy. It was quiet and we felt safe in the neighborhood, walking downtown and to other areas of the city. Andrew's landlord apparently does not maintain the outside of the house very well and for our taste it could have been a bit cleaner inside. All and all we had a fantastic visit to Austin and adored the cats, especially Thor.
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.