About this listing
Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Fantastic, great home, good location. Andrew was a great host and a really nice laid back guy. I would stay here again and defiantly recommend this accommodation
Fantastic experience, Andrew was very welcoming and was happy to help with tips and ideas for exploring Austin.
Room was cozy but had more than enough room. I felt very comfortable and welcome, the location was great and we easily traveled around from our hub.
My boyfriend stayed with Andrew, this is what he said: I stayed five nights in Austin at the house of Andrew and his roommate Justin. Both of them are very laid back und relaxed. We had super nice conversations and we also went out to have some fun. In their home you find everthing you need to have a nice and comfort stay.
Thanks so much you guys for making Austin such a nice destination for me.
Excellent experience..Room was as described. It was very easy, great location, clean bedroom, and loved his cats...
The house was fairly old but what I had expected based on the description. Andrew was very accomodating for our busy schedule. The house is in a great location, close to downtown and easy to find! There is a really cool little market down the street which I highly recommend checking out ( I think it's called quickie pickie). Overall great place to stay if you are looking for a place to crash at night that isn't overpriced for that area.
Everything was exactly as advertised. The hosts - Andrew and his roomate Justin - were most welcoming, up for conversations and were able to make good recommendations regarding stuff to see. The place was clean and it is well located, walk distance from downtown. The neighborhood is safe, as is most of Austin indeed. We had our own key during the stay and were able to come and go as we like, even late at night (provided of course that we respected appropriate noise level). As a future guest, I would only recommend to be careful with bees that hang out on the front porch at night for some reason. I would totally recommend this place for your stay in Austin.
We really enjoyed Phil and Viviane as guests and were very displeased to learn from their departing note that Viviane suffered a bee sting on our front steps. We have since taken the proper steps to eliminate any future bee-related issues and appreciate the honest feedback. We want our guests to feel safe and comfortable when staying in our home.
Andrew & Justin
About the Host, Andrew
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.