Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Andrew is a great host. My flight was delayed and as a result I arrived in Austin late in the day, which was not a problem, however, as Andrew was very accommodating to organise a check-in that suited me. The place is in a great location with both downtown and the UT within walking distance (about 35 min) and otherwise is close to a number of bus stops and nice places to eat. The house and room are as advertised. I had a chance to spend time with both Andrew and Justin and can only say how forthcoming they were. An example: when Andrew found out that I was planning on moving through Austin on foot and since rain was forecast, he right-away offered my an umbrella for the duration of my stay. The cats are cute and unafraid of strangers. All in all, it was a pleasure to stay here.
The house was easy to find and good value for money. It is very old and walking distance of 6th street. I briefly met Justin and Andrew, who were friendly.
Andrew and Justin were so accommodating! I wish I had had more time to hang out with them and the cats, but when I did have time to chat, they were incredibly helpful helping me figure out how to get around and their food recommendations were spot on. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean.
First time Airbnb experience for me. The place was exactly as advertised and perfect for my needs. Unfortunately, storms kept me from flying into Austin as scheduled and I lost out on the first night of my reservation. The main downtown areas are within a reasonable walking distance, especially if you stop somewhere along the way for a meal. As others have noted, the house and yard need some work. My family was hesitant to drop me off because of the first impression (my 7-year-old nephew said it looked like a haunted house), but I was not bothered by it. I ended up not being there for much more than sleeping anyway. I hardly had the chance to say two words to Andrew, but crossed paths with Justin several times. He was very helpful with suggestions about places to go. Both guys were very low-key and accommodating. Overall, I felt I made a great choice and would be happy to stay with them again.
Andrew and Justin were really welcoming. They were both down-to-earth, friendly and thoughtful. Had more talks with Justin due to our schedules and he is a wealth of recommendations and insights, especially since he's a lifelong Texan. Both guys were very keen to make sure my stay was positive and that I felt comfortable on all levels, which was definitely the case. Check in/out was a breeze. The place itself is basic, pretty standard communal living. No frills, clean sheets and towels, really affordable and just what I was looking for. Fantastic location for East Austin bars, food, and art, and wandering around. Can walk easily downtown in about 20 minutes, or pretty much anywhere else (like me) if you feel like it. Would definitely stay there again if back in the area, thanks guys!
Super nice and accommodating. Never actually met Andrew because we were on different schedules but he was very communicative and helpful throughout my stay, making things as easy as possible for me. Also obsessed with his cats they are adorable.
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.