About this listing
Enjoy a private bedroom with a queen bed in a house that boasts all the amenities. We're a 10 min walk from Downtown, 5 min to public transportation, in a safe neighborhood, and in a very popular area of Austin.
- Quiet, relaxed atmosphere.
- The place is cozy, perfect as a 'home base' for your Austin visit.
- We have two outdoor/indoor cats. Loki is the black cat and Thor is small and white.
**NOTE: I adopted Thor as a stray last year, he's less than a year old. Although cute as a button, he can be unruly and I recommend keeping him out of the guest room to avoid any incidents. Cats will be cats.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi for ridiculously fast wireless connections.
- Free access to our audio/visual set up in the main room. Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu, DVD, basic cable, nice stereo set up.
- You're welcome to our resources like laundry and cookware. We have a lot of basic ingredients and good spices to aid in your culinary adventures.
- The room available is our third bedroom.
- Queen sized bed, fresh, clean linen when you arrive.
- We provide ample towels for guests.
- Reading table, lamp and shelving unit for storage.
- Closet with hangers
- We’re close to downtown areas of interest. Very close to fantastic food destinations. Check out the guide! The link is in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- We live near two schools and 3-4 churches. It's a very safe neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is diverse and amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Austin. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like Austin.
- We're close to two bus stops and a metro-train stop
- Austin is very bike friendly, we're walking distance to downtown Austin and all the east side flavor.
- Car2Go is very popular, there are a few local bike rental services, Uber also operates in town
- Past guests have come for conferences, festivals, F1 races, sightseeing, relocation, etc.
- It's been a joy to host guests from Tel Aviv, South Africa, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, India and all over the US.
- If we're able, we are happy to hang out with guests.
- Sometimes it's all about schedules permitting, but as the reviews state, we have had great times hanging out with y'all.
- I've got complete faith in the 'demographic' that Airbnb caters to.
- Like-minded people ought seek global rapport. Come one, come all!
Food that doesn't have someone's name on it, our spices and cooking tools (pans, spices, oil, etc.), laundry machines, living room space with entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
Our own schedule permitting, we love to hang out with guests. That's probably the best part about Airbnb.
I love that our neighborhood is save, diverse, and in close proximity to the best that Austin offers.
There are two bus stops at either end of the street, there are public bike shares close by, the train runs North-South, and Austin recently acquired Uber and Lyft options.
Please smoke outside, if you leave the house, please turn off lights, turn down AC (set to a higher temperature) and lock the door behind you. The cats come in and out of the house all the time, so don't worry if they come in or out of the house. Try to wipe off your feet before entering the front door, Austin is dusty.
Awesome place to stay in Austin! Was my first time in Austin and needed a nice, well located placed to spent two nights while I was in town for a wedding and this ended up being perfect for what I needed.
Because of flight delays from Los Angeles, I didn't get into Austin until 2am, but I communicated with Andrew beforehand and he left a key out back for me to come in when I arrived. I was warmly welcomed by Loki the cat. The room had a nicely sized bed and closet - just what I needed and most importantly it was Air Conditioned! Didn't meet Andrew in person because I was out most the day I was in Austin but he was very helpful via messaging and texts with anything I needed. I used several of his recommendations from the house manual for food places and bars and they did not disappoint.
Location is great! Very walkable a to coffee trailer, restaurants etc. I loved Quickie Pickie, and most importantly for my needs, walkable to a B-cycle station which is the bike sharing system for Austin, and I cannot recommend it enough! It's how I got around for 2 days, loved it. Everything else is reasonably close by for a cheap Uber/Lyft ride. East Austin was very cool and seemed like the up and coming area of the city, I hope to spend more time there on my next visit to Austin. I would definitely stay here again!
What a place! Justin & Andrew are great guys - keen to get to know you and really interesting to talk to. They have fantastic recommendations for anything you might want to do. I would highly recommend their place - pretty much everything you might want from an air bnb
Fantastic, great home, good location. Andrew was a great host and a really nice laid back guy. I would stay here again and defiantly recommend this accommodation
Had a great experience at Andrew's house. Justin and Andrew were very friendly and helpful with recommendations. Cats were adorable. Room was as described and the location was near public transport and some great restaurants/food trucks/bars. Would definitely recommend as it was one of our best airbnb stays.
Fantastic experience, Andrew was very welcoming and was happy to help with tips and ideas for exploring Austin.
Room was cozy but had more than enough room. I felt very comfortable and welcome, the location was great and we easily traveled around from our hub.
My boyfriend stayed with Andrew, this is what he said: I stayed five nights in Austin at the house of Andrew and his roommate Justin. Both of them are very laid back und relaxed. We had super nice conversations and we also went out to have some fun. In their home you find everthing you need to have a nice and comfort stay.
Thanks so much you guys for making Austin such a nice destination for me.
About the Host, Andrew
Austin is a goldmine. I lived in Pennsylvania in and Ohio for my formative years. I've done a lot of traveling around North America and a bit in Europe.
I work a tech company right now. Outside of work, there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I'd like to in this city. To list a few, I am into competitive ultimate frisbee, I'm a freelance artist and designer, and I recently got into woodworking. Austin graciously provides amazing music, food, beer, festivals, etc. etc. the list goes on forever.
This thing asks for a life motto. A good friend once said, "What's life without the vice of living?"
I live on the bend of everyday. I gravitate towards artistic things. I cut old pants into shorts and go secondhand. I like to experiment with bleaching and dying shirts. I learned how to screenprint in Italy, would love to someday pick it up again.
Music is always on my mind, shows, I play the drums. I love adventures, comedy, and great conversation.
I like to stay current with news and trends, always thirsty for new knowledge.
There aren't many sports I don't like or play. I'm an artist at heart, love to paint and draw.