My warmest welcome to Seoul and Charm#1 Studio!
I manage 3 studios (Charm# 1 to 3), all located in the same modern apartment building at INSADONG – the heart of Korean traditional culture.
Should Charm#1 not be available for your chosen period, please check also the other two studios under “ My Other Listings”.
Charm#1 accomodates 2, but one single futon (mattress & quilt) can be provided for an extra third guest.
Self-contained, carefully arranged for space optimization, lovingly decorated and well equipped, enjoying full natural light through its large & high windows with a NiceView onto Insadong Korean traditional roofs, Gyeongbokgung Palace and Inwang Mountain, it is THE perfect place to return to after a busy sightseeing day.
Come, and make Charm#1 your home from home – be it for a few days,a week or a month!
◇ GREAT LOCATION
• Ideally located at a stone’s throw from Insadong’s main street (3min) and the intersection leading to Samcheongdong (7min), with its small boutiques and trendy restaurants, and to the traditional Bukchon Village (10min).
• Incheon Airport #6011 limo bus stop is practically at the building doorstep on arrival and just across the street on departure.
(For quick reference, a print of the departure timetable from Anguk station is conveniently displayed in the studio, together with a Seoul Tourist Map & Subway Map.)
• directly connected to Anguk subway station (Line 3 - Orange) exit 6 via the studio building elevator at level B1.
• a 10 min walk to the main gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace and to Gwanghwamun Square.
• a 2 min walk to the main gate of Unhyeongung Palace.
• a 10 min walk to the main gate of Changdeokgung Palace (with its Secret Garden) from Anguk subway station exit 3.
◇ MAXIMUM SAFETY
• Right next to the Jongno Police Station.
• Has a round the clock security guard stationed in the building lobby.
• The studio door lock has a digital key code system, whose password I change for each guest.
◇ SUPER COMFORT
• DOUBLE-SIZED BED : GREAT mattress (comfort & support), pillows and duvet filling (both in its summer and winter version).
Underneath the venetian blinds, white thick roller shades have been mounted which afford a good night’s sleep AND an extra protection from the hot days’ sun.
• SHELF: placed behind the bed headboard holds a table lamp for a softer lighting at night, and an alarm clock.
• STOOL : serving both as bedside table and as dining seat for extra third guest.
• WARDROBE : ceiling-high & spacious, equipped with a good number of clothes hangers.
• SMALL COUCH & COFFEE TABLE: perfect for sipping your morn/aft coffee looking out the windows or enjoying a snack or drink watching TV.
• CABLE TV: newly installed SK broadband unit affording 157 channels (including CNN International, Bloomberg TV, BBC Entertainment…).
• FREE WiFi : high-speed internet access.
An Ethernet cable is provided if you don’t want to use WiFi, as well as a number of power outlets to plug in your electronics (by the bed, by the couch, under the dining table).
• AIR CONDITIONER
• PRIVATE INTERCOM
• DINING TABLE FOR TWO & TWO CHAIRS
• HEATING CONTROL SYSTEM: for round the clock hot water and heated wooden floor.
• KITCHINETTE: very compact & well equipped with sink, gas stove, a pot & a frying pan, cooking utensils, a microwave oven, a bread toaster, an electric kettle, dinnerware & cutlery.
Dishwashing liquid and Kitchen paper provided.
Under the sink cupboard: laundry detergent, general garbage bags (white) and food garbage bags (orange), all surface & bathroom cleaning products.
• WASHING MACHINE & DRYER: front load one (8kg); laundry detergent as well as a drying rack are provided.
• BIG FRIDGE & FREEZER: complimentary mineral water, Jeju Island Tangerine Juice, seasonal fruit, coffee.
• BATHROOM: Japanese style toilet seat (with possibility of heated seat and bidet functions). Toilet paper provided.
Wide walk-in shower with clear glass divider from rest of bathroom.
Face & bath towels, hand soap, bath gel, hair shampoo & conditioner, and a hair dryer are provided.
• UTILITY CUPBOARD: shoe shelf; rubber slippers; fire extinguisher; vacuum cleaner; iron & ironing board; sewing kit; 2 umbrellas.
• For ease of use, all light switches, appliances, remotes have clearly printed instruction labels translated in English.
◇ FURTHER AMENITIES
• Rooftop terraces on floors 13 & 14 for unobstructed great day & night views of the city.
• A 24H convenience store (7 Eleven) & a pharmacy are located at the lobby level.
• A dental surgery is located on the 2nd floor.
All confirmed guests will receive further details about directions to the studio.
If you have any query, please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward to being your host in the vibrant city of Seoul,
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$13 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$420 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1710 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Me and my husband stayed at Charm#1 for 8 days and Jeremy was really helpful throughout the process. He waited in front of the apartment to welcome us and explained everything how to use facilities in the room. Just want to say thank you to Jeremy for organising delivery on my left-behind item back to Australia. He responded really quick when I sent an email telling him that I left my mobile phone back at the apartment and needed him to post it back to me. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to stay in the heart of Seoul. I will definitely come back one day and stay at your place Jeremy =)))
This is definitely the best choice for a 1st time visitor to Seoul. The location is perfect, close to palaces, temples and shopping/restaurants areas, and with very easy access to the airport limousine bus and the subway.
The apartment is in perfect condition and has everything you will need during your stay.
Jeremy is a great host, he was waiting for us even if it was quite late, and explained everything very carefully.
I would totally recommend this place.
Excellent studio in Insa-dong. I was quite pleased. Easy to find, easy to access. Jeremy is immediate at responding to messages. Thanks for a great stay.
My partner and I stayed at Jeremy's apartment for 6 nights and had a wonderful time, one of the best Airbnb experiences of our world trip. Jeremy is a great host - super friendly, helpful and responsive which made communication and checking in and out process a breeze. The apartment itself is perfect, in an unbeatable location close walking distance to the palaces, shopping, restaurants and extremely well connected for public transport from the airport, other districts, Bukhansan National Park and more. The apartment is very well equipped, bright, spacious, clean and cosy - we were there in winter and were very warm and comfortable at night. Couldn't recommend this place highly enough for a stay in Seoul!
항상 호텔을 이용하다 처음 이용해 보았는데요
호텔보다 저렴한 비용으로 훨씬 편안하게 지내다 왔습니다
시설도 깨끗했으며 주인장님의 세심한 배려에 여러번 감동했습니다
위치도 아주 좋아서 산책하기도 좋은곳과 맛있는 음식점도 많이 있었습니다
다음에 기회가 된다면 꼭 다시 이용하고 싶습니다
Stayed at Vharmed apartment 28 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014. The experience is good. It should be the best guesthouse i have ever stayed in. Airport bus is just infront of the apartment, Jeremy also volunter to help us (my freind and I are both ladies) with our luggages to the airport busstop which is across the road when we are leaving~
Jeremy provided alot of useful information in his apartment, example airport bus timing and korea map, not forgetting those guides on the washing machine, switches, television and bidet!
He also provide us with bread, oranges, apples, jams and water when we check in(did i mention all free?!).
I noticed he listen and will improve on previous guest's feedback, this makes what he is now :)
On top of above, his attitude, replies and services is the most positive. He always tried his best to help and not let you disappointed.
My friend and I had a great stay during this trip. For me, I will still stay in Charm apartment for my next trip!
Thanks Jeremy for all the helps. Hope I'm not too troublesome :P
Singapore,4 Jan 2014
I had a very pleasant holiday in Seoul and a big part of it was because I found the right apartment! Jeremy's apartment is extremely convenient as it is located right at Anguk station. There are a number of tourist attractions that's pretty near Insadong. Around that area also have plenty of restaurants and cafes, and a shopping mall that's only a few minutes away! There's so much in that area for you to explore. We also felt safe because right beside the building is a police station.
Of course, the studio was very clean and provides you with almost everything you need. Jeremy was very kind to pick us up from the airport (because the limousine service stops at the time we arrive), provides free snacks/drinks for us in advance, maps, and the travel card! He even surprised us with 2 beautiful roses :-)
Thank you Jeremy, it was really our pleasure to meet you and stay in your studio! Should we ever go back to Seoul, we will definitely go back to your Charm apartment!
Definitely my 1st choice for future stays in Seoul! We had a really wonderful stay and I am really glad that we met such a good host. Jeremy is very kind and accomodating. From answering questions before the trip to letting us change to Charm #3 few days before the trip, Jeremy has been really patient in hosting us. He helped us get T cards, gave us really good recommendations for food suitable for my boy, helped us book taxi on the last day and checked out the approximate fare for us. My family really appreciate his thoughtfulness and we were sad when we had to leave his cozy place. He has english instructions on the usage of the electrical appliances in his room which makes it really easy for us to use them. Last but not least, his place in Anguk is really in a fantastic location. It's right in the middle and you could easily travel to nearby attractions using the connecting subway. Overall, I highly recommend Jeremy's place if you are looking for a good host, a great location and a cozy place. Cheers!
The apartment is in an excellent location -- very convenient and within walking distance to Isadong-gil, Samcheong-dong, Bukhon Village, the palaces etc. Jeremy was very accommodating and even waited by the airport limosine bus-stop to take us to his apartment. The apartment is very clean with all mod-cons. It is a bit small for 3 people (and their luggage!) though. The 3rd person has to sleep on a mattress on the floor and because the heating is from the floor, it can get quite hot sleeping on the floor! The hot water is also a bit temperamental -- sometimes very hot, sometimes cold --but we got the hang of it. Just wait and adjust and it will be fine. There is no cable network which is a bit disappointing cos that means we can't watch TV. But the wifi is very fast. Jeremy is also very fast in responding to whatsapp! Overall we had a fantastic stay and I highly recommend it. The next time I would probably go for his bigger apartment (#3) if there are more than 2 of us!
Jeremy is a patient, thoughtful and extremely detailed person!
We are really appreciate that he allowed us for early check-in and late check-out request. On our arrival day, He waited for us outside the building and guided us through every portion of his studio with detailed explanation even-though there are instructions written in English on every electronics and appliances. The studio is very clean and exactly the same as seen in the pictures. There are also some complimentary drinks and food was provided.
As i need to post items back to my country, he helped me to check on available nearby Post office and he found one just across the street! He even provided us with a print out on the postage rates which was really useful to us.
Jeremy initiated to lent us his T-Money card which was really convenient for us as we frequently took the subway/metro line.
He was also very prompt in replying to all my messages via Whatsapp during our stay.
Overall it was a great experience staying at his studio and we will definitely consider to stay again!~