About this listing
Welcome to our charming, loving historic home in one of the best neighborhoods in Rio.
I'm sure that you will love your stay in town, everyone does.
But why stay in an apartment in Copacabana as a normal tourist when you can enjoy the true carioca way of life in a lovely house.
Rany and I searched months and months to find something so special and rare. We, a franco-brazilian couple, just finished restoring a typical carioca house built in 1927. Today, we would love to share it with new friends from around the World.
The house is located in Humaitá/ Botafogo, in the Zona Sul, one of most preserved neighborhoods in Rio. A few meters of the house you have the best Argentinian restaurant in town, Tragga, a good lounge bar, Meza, and Cobal, a unique place which offers during the day an opened market (fruit, fish, flowers, wines) and during the night, restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
The house has just been restored and offers all the commodities you need, two bedrooms, both with queen size beds.
One nice living room with sofa, TV, sound system. One dining room with a big wood bar table, ready to make capirinhas.
All bedrooms and the living room have air conditioning and high speed wifi.
David and Rany
To the all house and patio!
Interaction with Guests
Just during check in and check out but in contact during the all stay by email (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)...
The house is:
- 5 minutes walking to the Lagoa, where you can have a run, cycling or skate.
- 5 minutes by cab to the famous Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches
- close to Jardim Botânico where we recommend the Parc Lage.
- 10 minutes by cab to chic Leblon
- 6 metro stations to the Centro and Santa Teressa, the oldest parts of Rio.
From the airport:
- Taxi: 30 min and around 45 reais, the best option if you are more than 2 and with luggages
- Bus: Real Onibus, 1 hour and 12 reais/ person
From everywhere in Rio:
- Metro: Botafogo Station and take the Metro Bus integration (same ticket than the Metro) and stop to Cobal do Humaita
- Bus: lines 438, 157
- Bike: the best option
Smoking: Do not smoke inside the house, but you can smoke in the patio.
Dishes: Put the dishes near the big tree in front of the main entrance.
Doors: Close the main door with the lock after 8 pm.
Equipments: And just be respectful of furnitures and decorations.
Have a nice stay!