About this listing
A truly charming Apartment in the centre of Jerez, inside a beautifully refurbished Palace.
Next to Tio Pepe winery, Alcazar, City Hall, Train & Bus Stations, Market, cafes, bars and restaurants.
I'd love to welcome you to this eclectic Apartment in the centre of Jerez, in a perfect location for sightseeing or enjoying Jerez's lifestyle.
All the balconies of the apartment deliver beautiful views.
Located next to San Miguel's church in old City of Jerez, our apartment is only 1 minutes' walk from many of Jerez's famous landmarks including the Alcázar, Cathedral, Plaza del Arenal, Tio Pepe Winery, and City Hall to name a few.
The historic Palace where the apartment is located was originally built in the 17th century as a convent, and later re-converted into a private residence for the Count of Peraleja (he'd got 14 Children, so he needed a big space...) The Palace is now a listed building and classified as "Heritage of Cultural Interest". In 1990 it was comprehensively restored and converted into apartments, respecting the original features like marble stairs, wide corridors, columns and arches.
This apartment has managed to retain its intimacy and the individuality of a private home and provides a beautiful authentic place in Jerez's vibrant centre.
The San Miguel neighbourhood is famous as one of the places where Flamenco was born, but also for the large number of palaces in one single street. The name of the street is "Caballeros" which means knights or gentlemen, due to the several noble men who lived in this particular area.
- Double bed, (linen provided)
- Bathroom with shower (towels, shampoo and shower gel provided).
- Kitchen with all amenities (toaster, coffee machine, oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, juicer, hob, china & cutlery).
- Massive Roof Terrace with panoramic views.
- Spacious living room with beautiful views. Television and Stereo CD player (We provide a selection of CDs for you to use).
- The apartment is very sunny, and therefore we have air conditioning in case it gets too hot in Summer. It also works for winter in case it gets chilly.
- We have a Concierge called Juan who is always on hand if you need him, please feel free to say "hola" to him!.
- We can provide parking space under the building for just 20 Euros per stay. (Much safer and comfortable than pay & display).
- Plenty of sherry bars, restaurants and shops; everything less than 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
- There are 2 Taxi stations less than 5 minutes walk (one in Plaza de las Angustias and one in Plaza Esteve). Train and Bus Stations are around 15 min walk.
- No smoking inside the apartment please (but there is a massive roof terrace!).
- Pets allowed on request.
- Check out at 12.00pm but please enquire if your needs are different.
-Parking space available on request (20Euro per stay only)
Ha sido genial, el apartamento inmejorable y las comodidades muy buenas, en pleno centro para no coger el coche.
El apartamento tiene todo lujo de detalles, hasta un equipo de música con CDs de flamenco. Es muy luminoso y cómodo y está situado en el centro de Jerez. La verdad, ha superado nuestras espectativas.
En cuanto a su anfitrión, Jose, una persona encantadora y muy atenta. Tuvimos un percance con las llave y nos solucionó el problema en un santiamén, aún siendo de noche y no estando él presente. Se preocupó en cada momento de que estuviéramos como en casa y de facilitarnos al máximo nuestra estancia.
Volveríamos con los ojos cerrados. De hecho, esperamos poder volver algún día.
Jerez is a magical place. The people are joyous and the food is wonderful and available any time. The sherry is to be savored. Jose provides the perfect home to relax after a busy day of sherry tasting and exploring this beautiful locale. The apartment is full of artifacts and books and music while being fully equipped with every convenience. The location is the best one could hope for.
Jose was extremely quick to respond to any communication's and very nice. While I didn't have a chance to meet him in person, his friend Miguel is close by to help you move in. Jose's apartment is marvelous! The location is great, right in barrio San Miguel, making it very close to Plaza Arenal, Theatre Villamarta, flamenco penas, markets, shopping and restaurants. As a bonus, it's only about a 10 minute walk to the train station. The building is gorgeous and very secure. The apartment itself is amazing. Gorgeously decorated and very spacious for one person or a couple while at the same time, very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped and even has a washing machine and clothelines on the gorgeous rooftop to dry your clothes. Sometimes I didn't want to leave!
I really enjoyed my stay in this apartment, it is cosy, perfectly equipped and close to everything.
Jose and his friend Miguel were both very helpful and friendly, easy to reach by telephone and with lots of tips for good places to eat and drink in Jerez ... and directions how to get to them. The apartment is very well situated, within walking distance from most places, and with a very comfortable bed. Most definitely a place I would recommend.
Perfect location, and well furnished apartment. We were greeted very nicely in the centre of Jerez and taken to the apartment. It's easily walking distance from all the main sights in Jerez as well as some of the tapas/bar areas. Jerez is a really fun place and this apartment is very nice!!
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jose
I'm a wine enthusiast/art lover living in London but travelling to Jerez every month.
I love sherry and all things about the history of Jerez. I love to host guests from all around the world. My guests are not tourists but travellers!
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to know anything from the apartment or the area!