Welcome to Sapporo, the capital of Hokkaido (Japan second largest island) and central to all activities throughout the year! Hokkaido, the paradise in Japan, Is blessed with fine snow, rich soil, clean water, beautiful flowers and delicious food! Beautiful throughout the 4 seasons and you will fall in love with it!!
**Many LCC Airlines fly to Sapporo (Shin Chitose Airport) from various parts of Japan!
KANEKONOHEYA 「金子の部屋」 #S1
(Holiday homes available in Tokyo and Kyoto too!)
Good news for travelers looking for local experiences and a cozy home in Sapporo Hokkaido!
* Serene yet convenient location, 5mins walk from JR Sapporo station, nice walking distances to places of interest in Sapporo and convenient to main sightseeing attractions in Hokkaido by train or self-drive
* Fast & Direct access from New Chitose Airport by JR Airport Express
* Nice Fully-furnished 17m2 Japanese-style tatami bedroom apartment with a functional kitchen area
* Room and the whole building have a central heating system to keep you warmed throughout the cold season
* Building equipped with fire safety measures
* FREE Pocket WiFi to keep you connected with Internet almost everywhere with your smartphone or any portable devices. Navigate around places, instant chats, search for train route & schedule, places of interest, gourmet and anything you need on your fingertips! (Will cost you ~1500yen daily if you rent at the airport)
ACCESS to KANEKONOHEYA
* 5 mins walk to Sapporo station
(JR line, Nanboku line, Toho line)
Easy Access from Airport:
* 36 mins direct JR Airport Express from New Chitose Airport to JR Sapporo station (JPY1040)
* 60 mins 45km drive by expressway
Day trips from Sapporo by JR train (JR pass may be useful):
* 32 mins train ride to Otaru
* 66 mins train ride to Noboribetsu
* 80 mins train ride to Asahikawa
* 133 mins train ride to Niseko
* 143 mins train ride to Furano
* 150 mins train ride to Obihiro
* 50m from the beautiful Hokkaido University compound
* Around the JR Sapporo station has everything you need - Food, drinks, shopping, entertainment, night life, pharmacy, clinics, tourist information center etc.
* Underground shopping street link from Sapporo to Odori to Susukino
* Car rental services and inexpensive parking lots within short walking distance
* FREE usage of Pocket WiFi to keep you connected during your stay
* 2 comfortable Japanese futons (100x200cm each) on Tatami mats
* LED HDTV with HDMI/USB/HDD capabilities
* Table and Japanese Tea set
* Hair dryer
* Kitchen with utensils and basic seasoning for cooking
* Washlet toilet with warm seat
* Coin laundry with dryer available on the same floor
* Vacuum cleaner
* Clean Sheets and Towels
* Room Slippers
* Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Soap, Hand Soap, Detergent
* Complimentary beverages and snacks
* Travel guides and maps
Welcome to stay in KANEKONOHEYA!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$387 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1509 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|City:||Kita Ward, Sapporo|
We had the opportunity to stay at Cheryl's apartment in Sapporo during the Hokkaido snow festival and it was a cherished experience living in a typical Japanese studio like a young Japanese couple would! Though compact, it had everything we needed, and beyond! Cheryl has been a very kind host, checking in on us every now and then to see how we were adapting to the cold, which we deeply appreciated! The apartment is located 5mins walk from the JR station and you will never find yourselves hunting for a quick bite with all numerous convenience stores located nearby. Thanks Cheryl! We hope to be back again!
Cheryl's apartment was an excellent place to stay. It is in a very convenient position and has a lovely outlook over Hokkaido University. The apartment was clean and tidy and contained everything I needed. The information provided by Cheryl was excellent and helped with orientation in Sapporo. Cheryl was very easy to contact and quick to reply to any questions I emailed. She was a caring hostess who provided some nice extra services. Many thanks for making your apartment available, Cheryl.
My wife and I had a fun 6 night stay at Cheryl's apartment over the New Year period. The apartment is easy to locate from Cheryls directions and was a short walk from Sapporo station in a nice arwa just next to the university. The university itself is a nice attraction for short walks through the beautiful park
Although (very) small, the apartment contains everything you would need for a short stay. We cooked a little but mostly enjoyed the accessible surrounding areas.
Only negative things to note would be that the futon bed could have been comfier. I slept on many in Japan and while it's not my preferred style of sleeping, this was still quite uncomfortable for me in comparison. Also, while high speed internet was of great quality and easily accessible, port forwarding was not enabled so we were not able to torrent anything while staying their (obviously not important for many people nor a deal breaker when travelling).
Overall Cheryl was quick to reply to any correspondence and everything she wrote in the description was factual. We had a positive experience and would stay again.
I stayed at Cheryl's Japanese style room in Sapporo. It was strategically located near JR station and have lots of stores around, so you would not be in difficulty for food or other amenities.
Though Cheryl is not in town, she had local help that is VERY helpful and friendly. She draw me maps to places I might want to visit while I was there.
The portable wifi also helps a lot. It enables me to check mails and use GPS. I will definitely come back to Cheryl's... maybe in other town!
cherly's place was in a fantastic location and really easy to reach. has all the amenities . we had japan rail passes so we managed to visit most of the places in hokkaido thanks to her place being ever so close to the train station. cherly is also very helpfull and communicative.
will definately stay here again on our next holiday. winter perhaps with a bit of skiing involved!!
Cheryl's apartment is small yet it has everything we needed and it is very well organized. The pocket wifi was very helpful to plan our tour around the city and neighboring cities. Regardless bad weather of Sapporo during our visit, this place provided warm and homey feeling. Cheryl is a very helpful and kind host. We got extra times to prepare ourselves before checking out because of typhoon that passed the island.
The BEST place to stay in Sapporo without a doubt. One of my favourite stays through airbnb. Her apartment is very easy to find, and also very very close to Hokkaido University which is a beautiful place for a long stroll. Also, JR Sapporo station is a stone's throw away and there are shopping malls and food places around the area. I'm in Tokyo and I already miss Sapporo and her place!
As a host, she's very initiative, always replied on time, nice to talk to, and always checked how things were when I was over there. She was very sweet; provided snacks and drinks, and the portable wi-fi was a lifesaver in many situations (not everyone provides a portable wi-fi, and I believe this is just her way of value-adding to anyone's stay :))
If you're lucky and manage to stay at her place, you'll know what I mean :)
This is a lovely apartment with the feeling of Japanese home. The location is good about 5-10 minutes by walking. Cherly provided everything you need in her apartment. We felt like home. She prepared nice green tea and japanese sweet in her apartment. I love the tatami smell. Cherly is very organize, therefore she provide all information that we need before. She even recommend place to eat while we were there.
Her pocket wifi was last long for the whole day which is very convenient for us.
Cherly was also nice to let us in the apartment early of the day that we arrived, which was very convenient for us to get rest before start traveling.
The only thing to be aware that her aparment can not receive any mail unless we make appointment with the mail man and wait for him. In our case we plan to rent pocket wifi from other company to use after leaving from Cherly's apartment.
All in all, we love your place.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.