About this listing
Welcome! Please view our entire listing and website, as we are an intended community and wish for your stay to be wonderful and for it to meet your expectations.
The Santa Fe International Hostel offers Private Rooms for one to five people (contact the hostel regarding larger groups), with full bathroom and shower ensuite, at its centrally located, classic Route 66 motel-style property on Cerrillos Road.
This room will be a private room that accommodates you and additional members of your party. Some private rooms that accommodate private groups of up to six (6) are also available.
Although your room is private, you will have access to all common areas including the kitchen, lounge, laundry room, patio, and courtyard.
The Santa Fe International Hostel (and Budget Bed & Breakfast) is an intended community, supported by a 501(c)(3) educational Not-For-Profit corporation. We have been in operation for over 30 years. Our goal is to create an affordable, well located, and well operated facility and to encourage personal development through independent travel and cross-cultural exchange.
* Free "Continental Breakfast Plus" and Food Staples
* Common Areas, including two patios, a large communal kitchen, and lounge area
* No Curfew (Note: the office is closed between 11pm and 7am.)
* $2/day Internet (WiFi or Hard Wire)
* Smoke-free Indoor Environment
* Parking Lot for Registered Guests
* Bus/Train Schedules
* City Bus Service, 7 Days/Week
* Outdoor Patios
* Travel Guidebook Library
* Book Exchange (take one, leave one)
* Maps and Visitors’ Guides
* Token-op Laundry Machines
* Alarm Clocks
* Postage Stamps
* Mail Drop, use of Piano and Guitar, and lots more….
Private rooms are private, of course, but guests are encouraged to spend time in the kitchen and common areas, where you can meet fellow travelers, volunteers, students, and guests from faraway lands.
We are centrally located on Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe's main commercial drag. We are 1.25 miles from the Plaza, close to groceries, cafes, and more.
The city bus stops directly in front of the property. Taxis and shuttles pick up and drop off at the hostel.
We have several other policies and customs that exist to make our intended community a successful one. Please know that by booking, you are agreeing to our common sense policies found on our website.
All AirBNB guests will have full access to Hostel facilities, including the industrial kitchen, lounge, patio, laundry facilities, and courtyard. The Hostel office is open from 7am-11pm. Late check-in can be arranged if discussed in advance.
Interaction with guests
All travelers are welcome and invited to mingle in the common areas, including the industrial kitchen, lounge, courtyard (under a cherry tree), and patio. Volunteer staff live on-site and can recommend hikes, restaurants, and other outings for your group.
A city park sits behind the property. We are a five minute walk to the rail trail. Restaurants and supermarkets (including Whole Foods and Trader Joe's) are a longer walk or short drive away. Downtown is accessible by city bus or via a 20-30 minute walk.
Ample, free, off-street parking is available with your room.
Santa Fe city bus stops at the door, 7 days/week.
New Mexico Rail Runner "South Capital Station" (from Albuquerque and points beyond) is a 10 minute walk away.
The Lamy Shuttle connects to Amtrak and drops off and picks up at Hostel reception.
Independent shuttles to Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports pick up and drop off at the hostel.
Other things to note
We are an international hostel and you will find people from all over the world traveling for self-improvement and education. Student groups, backpackers, seminar participants, and more.
As an intended community devoted to educational travel, we do not accept local residents or participants in the local economy. Out of state ID will be required for check-in and local residents who do attempt to book through AirBnB will be denied service upon check-in.
As part of our educational non-profit mission, we are not required to charge sales tax or local lodgers' tax.
Please note that we are a traditional hostel and an intended community and our rules might be different from what you have found elsewhere. Our full policies are available at the hostel's website and we do require you to follow them. Here are a few highlights:
* The office closes at 11pm. Please check in before 11pm. Special arrangements can sometimes be made if you call before 10pm.
* Out of state ID is required for check-in. Locals who book through AirBnB will be denied entry upon arrival.
* Check-out time is 12pm on the day of your departure.
* Please enjoy our common areas and leave them and all items that you use as clean as or cleaner than you found them. Cleaning supplies are available.
* Common areas close at 11pm, except the patio on Cerrillos Road which you can enjoy at all hours.
* All guests participate in morning cleanup in the spirit of a traditional hostel.
* A $10 per person cash deposit, paid at reception, helps assure cheerful compliance.
* Internet (including wireless) fee is $2/person/day.
* All guests/tenants in room booked through AirBNB must be registered and paid through AirBNB and must present themsevles at the front desk upon check-in.
* Pets are not allowed on the premises, but bona fide service animals are welcome.
* A shirt and shoes are required in all indoor public areas (kitchen, lounge, etc.)
* Smoking is not allowed in any enclosed areas (but we do have a wonderful courtyard and patio.)
* Marijuana and other drug use will not be tolerated, nor will excessive alcohol consumption or drunkenness.
The Santa Fe International Hostel (and Budget Bed & Breakfast) is a 501(c)(3) educational Not-For-Profit corporation. We have been in operation for nearly 30 years and our goal is to create an affordable, well located, and well operated facility and to encourage personal development through independent travel and cross-cultural exchange.
Through AirBNB, we offer fully private rooms. Though your room is private, you will still have access to the hostel common areas including kitchen, laundry room, lounge, patio, and courtyard.
Learn more at the hostel's website.