About this listing
If you come to Mexico, what better place to stay than a Mexican Hacienda Style building. Located close enough from 5th Avenue to walk in minutes, but far enough to be quiet and peaceful. Good location and a pool make this a great option in Playa.
If you are going to come to Mexico, you should experience the real flavor of these gorgeous country. Amazing beaches and great food are the best complement to this Mexican Style Home.
This amazing condo is well equipped and furnished Mexican style and with lots of comfort. Ideal for four people but can host up to five.
You will find yourself in the center of everything: grocery stores are just a few minutes walk away, ATM’s, Banks, and the famous Quinta Avenida (5th Avenue). The beach, amazing restaurants to meet whatever your fancy requires. Clubs, public transport and taxi's.
This is a wonderful condo close enough to all the 'action' but far enough where after the long day you can come home to quiet oasis so you can relax and get ready for a next day of adventure. In fact, this is a complex specifically intended for adults over Thirty so there are no wild parties of loud music after late hours. The building has a private pool and terrace area with very nice tropical plants. The Building is secure so if you don't have a key you will not get in! Only residents and guests are allowed in this private areas.
The condo has equipped kitchen with brand new stove and refrigerator, you will find everything you need to make yourself breakfast or cook dinner should you want to do that. The restaurants around the corner are amazing, though !
Living room has Flat screen TV, few DVD's, magazines. Lots of material of what to do in Playa Del Carmen and the whole Riviera Maya with all its attractions.
We also offer 2 FREE bicycles for your personal use and enjoyment (one of the best ways to explore Playa is with a bicycle!)
Master bedroom has queen size bed with a balcony and the second bedroom has two twin size beds. Both bedrooms have large closets with lots of space. So it can comfortably host four people .
PLEASE NOTE: Condo is on the second floor and there is no elevator. But I will be more than happy to help with your bags when I greet YOU!
The condo is two bedrooms and one baths. The TV stand and the TV have been upgraded and you now have a nice, large screen to catch the game during your visit. The pool and the sun areas are great areas to relax and read a book.
Interaction with Guests
We are available for you as much as you need us. We will usually welcome you when you check in and will give you a nice list of things to see and do. You will also get a local cell phone for you to use to give us a call should you need us for anything!
This is the best location! Just few blocks away you are on famous 5 Avenue! From here the choices to eat, have a drink, shop is endless. Few minutes walk and you are in the beach!
This is an amazing location, we are in the middle of everything, but at the end of the day condo is very quiet and there is not much noise from outside.
You can walk everywhere form condo ! Cycling is quite popular way of getting around, but you will also get the phone numbers for a few cab drivers that can assist with special transportation, should you need to go at a time when cycling is not an option.
We are offering two FREE bicycles with your stay!
Other Things to Note
If you will need any suggestion on activities, tours or other recommendations, let us know, and we will have a short list of trusted vendors to suggest.
1. Check in time is after 3 pm ( I’m very flexible when i can, so let me know in advance when you arrive). Check out is at 11am. If we don’t have a guest coming in right after your check out, we can arrange of you leaving your bags in condo and do a later check out.
2. No smoking inside condo and no parties please.
3. Pets are not permitted in condo.
4. Condo is not rented people under 30 years of age
5. Damage deposit- deposit is required, but it is fully refundable at the end of your stay as long as there is no damage. (After your checkout, we will have the property cleaned, and a detail inventory will be done before the next guests check in. Provided there is no more than reasonable clean up and nothing damaged or missing, then a check for the returned security deposit will be given refunded)
6. Property keys – Two sets of keys will be provided. There will be a $50 charge for key loss.
7. Housekeeping - The unit will provide initial bathroom amenities, paper towels, toilet paper and basic cleaning, a one-time linen-towel setup supplies prior to arrival. Guests are responsible for additional household and personal supplies if staying longer than a week. You can hire a maid for at your own expense. Excessively messy or dirty units may be subject to additional cleaning charges.
9. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. Let me know!
10. The renters are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Renters must lock windows and doors to keep the condo/home safe.
11. Condo has A/C units please conserve the electricity and use A/C when needed only. Please don't leave A/C when you are not in condo or with the windows open.
About the Host, Ed And Vilija
WHY WE HOST
We -LOVE- to Travel. My wife and I met originally in the USA, where I lived for over 16 years. For the last five years we have shifted out priorities and have been traveling the world and making a habit of staying in local people's homes. After years in the US, we spent time in Spain and Portugal and then lived in England for just over three years, where we settled temporarily and, after learning of AIRBNB then, we played the Host role for a three years in London, while we explored Europe from top to bottom!
We are now, living in Tulum, Mexico, which is 40 minutes south of Playa del Carmen. We came here on vacation almost three years ago and fell in love with it all so, we stayed!
We have plenty of travel stories ... like the time we cycled from Norway to Spain (Yes, the whole continent in 2.5 months and stayed in a hotel only ONCE) or when we crashed a three day long wedding in Bali, or when we dived Shark Island in Thailand. We hiked for 9 hours to see a volcano erupting and got lost in the lava field; we have driven a motorcycle in the crazy traffic of Vietnam, and seen the sun rise and set in Angkor Wat. We love wild places like erupting volcanos but we also moved to Rome for a month to drink wine, eat pizza and fall in love with Bernini :) We can talk travel for hours ;)
In all these places, it was local people who allowed us to full experience a place and gave us the best tips and recommendations. We now try to do the same for guests in the place we call home, for now.
We are a young, active couple. We have been together for more than twelve years and we love to have fun and travel together. We believe in what we call 'Real Travel', and we have been lucky enough to be able to visit over 30 countries for extended periods, spend time, eat and drink (and many times party) with locals. We are very health conscious and we do our best to eat well, and stay active: Yoga, jogging, etc. We have people we consider friends all over the world and we do what we can to meet more friends when possible. If you need advise on Jakarta, Bali, Romania, Germany, Italy, Spain, France or the UK, Ireland or Scotland, we can likely give you names and numbers of awesome people who will treat you like family!
We love to host people from abroad are very excited at the possibilities this model has brought to our lives!
In the professional front, we have worked and specialized in Real Estate in this part of Mexico, which gives us yet another way to introduce people to this wonderful part of the world.
In the time we already have hosted, we have met incredible people and made great friends, both as hosts as well as guests, it at least three continents, dozens of countries and countless languages!
Welcome to Mexico! ... and Hola!