About this listing
Unique modern home with old world feel, privately situated on on 25 acres.
Located on the borders of Aptos and Corralitos in Santa Cruz county, there are several options for beaches, vineyards, hiking, biking, restaurants, and shopping.
Enjoy all this unique modern home with old world feel has to offer. Situated on 25 acres, the only sounds you will hear will be ducks on the pond, birds in the meadow, and the breeze through the trees.
(Due to the drought, the pond is extremely low)
Located on the borders of Aptos and Corralitos in Santa Cruz county, there are several options for beaches, vineyards, hiking, biking, brew pubs, restaurants, golf, and shopping within minutes of the property.
Rejuvenate yourself with a delightful book by the fire, enjoying a long soak in the beautiful tub, cutting fresh greens from the garden, or cooking in the spectacular kitchen.
The home includes:
- Large, fully equipped, modern kitchen with tall windows overlooking the garden
- Cozy 23'x12' master bedroom with gas "woodburning" stove
- Richly textured master bath with a wonderful freestanding soak tub and large slate "double" shower
- Easily accessed airy 20'x11'-6" loft as 2nd bedroom, with two full sized beds, vaulted ceilings, and views of the pond
- Sleeping alcove with curtains that can be drawn to create a lovely 18'-6""x13'-6" third bedroom
- Sitting room with large fireplace and rocking chairs overlooking the pond
- Living room with full media/entertainment capabilities: Plasma TV, DirecTV, Bluray DVD player, and a large selection of movies
- Pool table
- Putting green
- Hot tub
- Firepit overlooking the pond
- Pond with canoe, pedal boat, swimming and fishing (due to drought, the pond is empty at this point)
- Salad and herb garden (in season)
- 30-45 minute hike around the property with views of the ocean and the Watsonville hills
Please come and enjoy our little slice of paradise and leave rejuvenated.
We look forward to meeting you.
The house is located on 25 acres. You will have access to the immediate area around the house, and are welcome to walk and explore the property.
My son lives in a studio connected to the garage. Guests will not have access to either the studio, or the garage.
Interaction with Guests
We tend to like to walk you through the house to show you the ins and outs of the place when you arrive. From there, there can be as much, or as little interaction as you like.
Other Things to Note
There are family dogs that live on the larger property, and freely visit the various houses on the 24 acre property. They are fed elsewhere on the property, but, it is highly likely they will stop by and visit. If you have concerns regarding the dogs, please ask before booking.
The the water supply of the property is as spring, and not unlimited. We ask that you conserve water.
The WiFi access is airbnb-guest. There is no password.
We try not to have to many rules, but...
- Please clean the kitchen and do your dishes before you leave
- Please DO NOT USE bleach. It kills our septic system
- We will handle the laundry
- No smoking
- Make yourself at home, but please be respectful.