"The Ladies Of Jazz" is located on the 1st floor of an early 20th century house in family district Twekkelerveld. There are two small bedrooms and one room to hang out. We are conveniently located, with public transport to key locations in the region and easy access to surrounding nature.
SPECIAL SUMMER HOLIDAY DEAL!
Spend one week in our B&B for only 375 EUR during the months july and august!
We bought our neighboring house a while ago, and built our private library on the ground floor. We rent out the top floor as a Bed & Breakfast. This floor has a small room with a bed for two persons (double or separate bed), one small room with two beds in a bunk bed. And one room for relaxing.
There are options for more people staying: There is a sofa in the living room and there's an attic with an option for some more mattresses, but that is less comfortable. There is a shower on the first floor which you can use and a toilet and kitchen for your own use on the ground floor. The music, comics and books in our library are available for guests, including a section in English language. We are still building the rest of the premises, and in the near future there will be access to our sizeable (500 m2) garden with chickens and some playing facilities for kids.
We won't be available all of the time due to working obligations, but a lot of those are at our own house next door. Our intention is to be there every morning to serve you your breakfast. We are flexible people and always open to suggestions and ideas.
The reason why we live in the district of Twekkelerveld is because it offers easy access to a lot of key locations in the region.
Within 500 m:
- 3 Supermarkets Albert Heijn, Lidl, Emté.
- Small local shops for essentials such as bread, clothes, hairdresser, drugstore, etc.
- Bus stop (100 m) to University and city of Enschede (see below)
- Bus stop (500 m) to City of Hengelo
Within 3 km:
- City centre with lots of shopping options, nightlife, cultural options (museums, live venues, concert hall, etc.).
- Central railway station with direct connections Hengelo, Deventer, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Münster. Indirect connections to the whole of the Netherlands.
- University terrain
- Entertainment area with big cinema, football stadium (FC Twente), bowling area, indoor children's playground, ice skating rink.
- Three city parks with a lot of recreational options.
- The start of a cycling route around the city with a lot of recreational options.
Within 10 km:
- The (smaller) city of Hengelo
- International railway station in Hengelo with direct trains to Berlin. Indirect connections to the whole of Germany.
- Family entertainment Park "De Waarbeek" with the worlds' oldest still operational rollercoaster (don't expect too much from it, though!).
- recreational area Rutbeek with outdoor swimming
- recreational area Hulsbeek with outdoor swimming
- Tropical indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- A lot of options for hiking and cycling through the typical landscape in the East of The Netherlands (Twente)
We are very much connected to the cultural/recreational life in the area, please check with us for current activities.
There is a bus service from the University grounds to the railway station passing our house every 15 minutes in daytime and early evening, and even more often during peak traffic. The same bus goes to the city centre with shopping area and several cultural hotspots and nightlife locations. It also has a direct connection with the hospital.
We have no own parking but parking is free in our street and there is always parking available within 200 meters from our house, most of the time even in front of our door. from our door to the highway only takes 5 minutes by car.
We have only our own bikes available at the moment and these are sometimes taken, but we are looking around to buy some more. If you are interested, please contact us for an update and specs.
It was perfect for our group. We needed a place to stay overnight and a quiet place where we could get some work done in the evening, it satisfied these needs.
How wonderful it was with Arris. Our family with two little boys slept nine nights at Arris' BandB and it was really good. Arris and Marieke are super helpful and flexible.
The house was complete (nothing missing), nice fully equipped spacious kitchen, comfortable beds and a great shower (note: there is no toilet on the 1st floor) The kids enjoyed the garden and all the children's books. Many thanks!!
We stayed with Arris along with two other family members for one night. Everything from meeting to checking out was absolutely wonderful. We were immediately invited to look through and listen to any of Arris's record and vinyl collection...which I did! The private kitchen space is right by the music so we cooked and listened to music and had a great time.
Arris also helped us sort our lost concert tickets for the evening as well. He went way above and beyond and fixed a big problem for us.
He's a great host and I would recommend staying with him anytime. And make sure you enjoy the records!
This is a wonderful b&b ! The hosts are extremely friendly, lovers of music, with a great home made breakfast every morning. Not only that, you get a lot of privacy, a lot of space, and a music library downstairs!
A large part of the yard was still under construction, but the part meant for the b&b was well maintained and looked pretty.
The Ladies of Jazz is a 5 star b&b - it has everything you need, a great cosy place, a huge library with comics & music, an incredibly good breakfast (with fresh ladies of Jazz eggs, peanut butter, croissants, home made marmelade, etc. etc.) and the most important thing a really great host family - super helpful and super friendly!
We stayed there for 5 days (with four people) and we really enjoyed it (and also Enschede). Full recommendation!