About this listing
"The Ladies Of Jazz" is located on the 1st floor of an early 20th century house in family district Twekkelerveld. There are two small bedrooms and one room to hang out. We are conveniently located, with public transport to key locations in the region and easy access to surrounding nature.
We have been living in the house on the right for ten years, and recently bought the left side. We are building a library on the ground floor, the rest of the house is the B&B.
We bought our neighboring house a while ago, and built our private library on the ground floor. We rent out the top floor as a Bed & Breakfast. This floor has a small room with a bed for two persons (double or separate bed), one small room with two beds in a bunk bed. And one room for relaxing.
There are options for more people staying: There is a sofa in the living room and there's an attic with an option for some more mattresses, but that is less comfortable. (Please note: we charge 15 EUR per extra person staying). There is a shower on the first floor which you can use and a toilet and kitchen for your own use on the ground floor. The music, comics and books in our library are available for guests, including a section in English language. We are still building the rest of the premises, and in the near future there will be access to our sizeable (500 m2) garden with chickens and some playing facilities for kids.
Interaction with Guests
We won't be available all of the time due to working obligations, but a lot of those are at our own house next door. Our intention is to be there every morning to serve you your breakfast. We are flexible people and always open to suggestions and ideas.
The reason why we live in the district of Twekkelerveld is because it offers easy access to a lot of key locations in the region.
Within 500 m:
- 3 Supermarkets Albert Heijn, Lidl, Emté.
- Small local shops for essentials such as bread, clothes, hairdresser, drugstore, etc.
- Bus stop (100 m) to University and city of Enschede (see below)
- Bus stop (500 m) to City of Hengelo
Within 3 km:
- City centre with lots of shopping options, nightlife, cultural options (museums, live venues, concert hall, etc.).
- Central railway station with direct connections Hengelo, Deventer, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Münster. Indirect connections to the whole of the Netherlands.
- University terrain
- Entertainment area with big cinema, football stadium (FC Twente), bowling area, indoor children's playground, ice skating rink.
- Three city parks with a lot of recreational options.
- The start of a cycling route around the city with a lot of recreational options.
Within 10 km:
- The (smaller) city of Hengelo
- International railway station in Hengelo with direct trains to Berlin. Indirect connections to the whole of Germany.
- Family entertainment Park "De Waarbeek" with the worlds' oldest still operational rollercoaster (don't expect too much from it, though!).
- recreational area Rutbeek with outdoor swimming
- recreational area Hulsbeek with outdoor swimming
- Tropical indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- A lot of options for hiking and cycling through the typical landscape in the East of The Netherlands (Twente)
We are very much connected to the cultural/recreational life in the area, please check with us for current activities.
There is a bus service from the University grounds to the railway station passing our house every 15 minutes in daytime and early evening, and even more often during peak traffic. The same bus goes to the city centre with shopping area and several cultural hotspots and nightlife locations. It also has a direct connection with the hospital.
We have no own parking but parking is free in our street and there is always parking available within 200 meters from our house, most of the time even in front of our door. from our door to the highway only takes 5 minutes by car.
We have only our own bikes available at the moment and these are sometimes taken, but we are looking around to buy some more. If you are interested, please contact us for an update and specs.
Our house is non-smoking but there is a roofed smoking area in our garden. We do not allow animals in the house.
We really enjoyed our stay at The Ladies of Jazz - Marieke and Arris are very friendly and helpful and it's a pleasure to chill in the house listening to the amazing vinyl collection and reading comics and mangas.
When really needed Arris and his family took us in many hours before what was the plan.
We had the best stay with exellent breakfast, great music and cartoons, and nice beds. When asking the 5 kids what was the best part 4 answer to feed the sweet hens, and the oldest answers "The name of the place".
Even for rainy days this is the place to be.
If I should take one thing home with me it would be the homemade marmelade from Arris' mother in law.
We got all the information we needed about busses and shops. And the family could give us good ideas for what to do during our week here.
If possible we will be back!! This is the place to stay when in Enschede.
Zeer gastvrije plek. De communicatie vooraf verliep soepel (bijvoorbeeld steeds snel antwoord). Heerlijk om te kunnen genieten van alle platen, boeken en strips in de bibliotheek. En van de grote tuin. Fijn ontbijt, en rustige slaapkamers. Een aanrader!
Extra tip: wij hadden een ov-fiets gehuurd, waardoor we makkelijk alle kanten op konden in Enschede.
Arris is een heel vriendelijke en flexibele verhuurder. We hebben weinig tijd doorgebracht in de b&b, maar voelden ons erg welkom.
We had a very nice time at a very nice place! Arris and his wife are very friendly and great people. It was very nice to listen to his big music collection and having a beer together. Great breakfast, great location, great BnB! Thank you for everything!
This host has 41 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Arris
My name is Arris Roordink, I live in Enschede, The Netherlands. I teach music history at the conservatory in Enschede and I run an agency with offices in Enschede and Amsterdam. I am 39 years old (in 2014), I have a wife and 7yr old son, and I love music, reading and working.