About this listing
A community of hackers from around the world. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. You can message the owner anytime when needed.
you will be staying at the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose downtown. Walking distance to the Japan Town. Coming here doesn't require a car from SFO or SJC (Caltrain & Light rail will do.) . VTA light rail stop: Civic Center. Up to 6 residents, 4 guys and 2 girls maximum in separate rooms.
High speed Internet with WiFi, SONY 3D Blueray DVD Player with Smart TV functions, Chromecast, and Apple TV. Printer and scanner.
Interaction with Guests
Message me anytime. I reply promptly.
This is an older residential area in downtown San Jose. The neighborhood is full of characteristic European-styled houses and big trees. Nice and quiet. The neighborhood has round-abouts at almost every street corner, which make it very pedestrian-friendly. I enjoyed nothing more than a walk around those bea
VTA light rail is one block away. Civic Center station. almost every line of the VTA light rail stops here.
Other Things to Note
Don't expect a hotel-like experience. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. Occasionally people might swap beds while they are empty. if your bed is taken please don't hesitate to ask other hackers or contact the owner.
1. No smoking in the house. Smokers please go outside.
2. Use anything you want, & please return things to their original locations after use.
3. This is a sharing-based community. I'm supplying as much necessities as possible. If they run out please go buy them & share with other roommates.
4. Help to clean the house and your own dishes/cookers/cups, or even the toilets restrooms whenever you're done using them.
5. Help to do the garbage. Garbage and recycling materials go to different containers in the yard. Garbage and recycling trucks come every Monday morning around 6 or 7am. So those containers in the yard need to be dragged to the street before that. Please follow the garbage cleaning instructions in the house and proactively help other members in the house to keep the house clean.
6. Turn off the lights when they are not being used.
My second time doing airbnb - and it was a different experience. This style of airbnb was interesting and kind of fun. Got to meet some cool people from around the world (Korea, Australia, Southern California, Maine, Italy, and China?). There was a bit of confusion - but everything worked out more or less in the end.
Check-in and Check-out: Very flexible. Lock box installed for easy access by all into the house. Make sure you ask for the code.
Communication: User usually replies - but if you need details, it can sometimes be a problem. Never actually met the user at the location. The current guest helped with figuring things out and information on the place.
Parking: Street parking. Never had difficulties finding parking nearby.
Commute/Travel/Area: The area is nice. About 1-2 miles from downtown San Jose. VTA (public transportation) is near - but I think driving would make things easier to get around this area to explore.
Room: Shared bunk beds. Room 2: 2 bunk beds = 4 beds. Make sure you book for more than one bed - otherwise it's expected you will share. And bunk beds are not meant to be shared; but it is possible. Couch and air mattress becomes a possibility if more sleeping space is needed. Came when it was over booked - and we had to figure out where to sleep.
Thanks for the place!
Honestly - quick trip for me. No fuss, Bruce was a champ, and the place was as advertised.
Bruce wasn't around but the long-term tenants were there. Everything was fine! The place is a few blocks away from the nearest Metro (known as VTA). There was a tenant that sleeps very early at night (7pm) so just take note of that if you will be renting bed 3/4/5.
....place easy to find and as described.
This host has 166 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews