A true urban oasis! This cozy top-floor, well-lit condo with stunning views will make your stay in San Francisco one to to remember. You will love being centrally located and nestled within one of the City's most vibrant neighborhoods.
This 1,000 sq ft condo will provide you with all of the comforts of home. The building has a secured front entry and there is ample street parking in the neighborhood (with some restrictions during the day). Enjoy stunning views of downtown either from the living room or bedroom (and make sure to wake up early some morning to watch the sunrise over Mt. Diablo).
• 2 bedroom / 1 bath (shared) top-floor condo (*This listing is for the master bedroom; I will be staying in my guest bedroom*)
• Very large master bedroom has a new queen size bed with organic linens
• Soundproof Windows® installed in the master bedroom dramatically reduces city noise (but, remember. . .this is in a city)
• Blackout window shades installed in the master bedroom
• Bedrooms are on opposite sides of the condo offering lots of privacy with the door closed
• Updated (shared) bathroom with skylight, dual-head shower and custom tile throughout
• Fully-equipped kitchen (large-capacity refrigerator/freezer, new range, dishwasher, microwave)
• Separate dining area
• Complimentary coffee/tea offered 24 hrs/day
• 40" wifi-enabled LED HDTV with Netflix and Pandora installed (no cable, broadcast TV only)
• Audiophile stereo with input for iPod/mp3 player
• Amazing views of downtown from the living room and master bdrm
• High speed wifi
• Decorated with limited edition concert art and pieces collected from around the world
• Beautiful hardwood floors throughout
• Great natural light from sunup to sundown
• Small, quiet building (4 units total) with great/helpful neighbors
**Business travelers welcome! Hi-speed wifi throughout, color printer available and easy access to FiDi and SoMa
**Ample free street parking in close proximity (unrestricted from 4p-10a M-F and all day on weekends); free unrestricted street parking two blocks away.**
• 94 Walk Score
• 80 Transit Score
• 82 Bike Score
• Truly centrally located
• Safe to walk day or night and considered one of the most "up and coming" districts in the City
• Near all tech firm shuttles (Divisidero)
• 5 blocks to Panhandle Park
• 3 blocks to Alamo Square Park ('Painted Ladies')
• Golden Gate Park less than half mile away
• Walking distance to Independent and Fillmore music venues
• Walking distance to Sundance/Kabuki theatre
• Plentiful, fantastic restaurants within walking distance (e.g. Nopa, Little Star Pizza, Green Chile Kitchen, Bar Crudo...and more)
• Excellent grocery choices (Green Earth Grocery, Bi-Rite, Faletti's, Safeway, Luckys)
• Classy, cozy bars in the neighborhood (Minibar, Madrone Art Bar, The Page)
• Just down the hill from University of San Francisco
Want to get further afield? There are six nearby MUNI (bus) lines that can take you to the Mission, Union Square, The Ferry Building, Downtown or the beach (line 31, line 5, line 24, line 22, line 38, line 21). Easy access to BART and Caltrain as well.
Other Things to Note
*Insider's tip - the Fall in San Francisco is pretty much our summer. Weather during this period is utterly gorgeous making it the very best time to visit!
• Two (2) guests maximum per booking (the unit is not child-proofed; adults only please)
• No tobacco smokers, please
• No eating in the bedroom, please (there is a lovely dining table to eat at)
• No parties
• Please clear all visitors with your host prior to inviting them over (this is a safety consideration for my neighbors)
• Quiet hours are from 10pm - 8am.
Check in is anytime after 3:00pm, check out is 11:00am.
There can be some flexibility depending on your arrival/departure times, and whether or not there is another guest before or after your stay.
Drew was very welcoming. He was very respectful and quiet. Everything was ready when we arrived. Place was clean and included everything we needed. The location of the apartment was just perfect in the middle of the city to easily visit every neighborhood. We highly recommend!
Drew was the perfect host. Could not have been more gracious! Accommodations were warm and comfy. The room looked exactly as it did in the picture. Great view of downtown SF from bedroom window. Central location made it easy to get around. Highest recommendation possible.
My gf and I had a lovely stay in Drew's apartment. Although we spent most of our time roaming the streets of SF, the times we were in the apartment we felt welcome. The apartment was very clean and organized. The listing is true to the description with beautiful views of downtown.
Everything was as described - clean overall apartment with special note to the bedroom and shared bathroom. Drew is attentive to detail and super helpful. I really enjoyed getting to know him for the brief time I was there. The bathroom has all the amenities needed (hair dryer, shampoo/condition and bandaids for the blister you get even if you wear your good walking shoes). Great dinner options nearby - it felt safe if you walk with confidence and keep your city smarts about you. (That being said, trust the locals when they say to bring in everything of visual value from your car, just in case).
Drew was great about relaying information about getting to his place, which was indeed in the quiet neighborhood he said it was. The room was described accurately, and had nice views. He had a nice note for us & put out guidebooks, as well.
Great location, great host. Drew provides wonderfully detailed instructions and suggestions. If you take the time to read his instructions you should have a great experience as I did. Awesome 1st Airbnb experience for me. Will definitely return.
Great experience staying with Drew! Very nice and professional with an incredible apartment at a great location!
This host has 24 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I have traveled around the world quite a bit and am happy to share my home with fellow travelers. I have lived in San Francisco for nearly 20 years. If you are a fan of live music, good food and/or outdoor endeavors, I would be more than happy to share my insider's tips with you. Enjoy your time in San Francisco....the best city in America!
As you can see from my reviews, lots of first time airbnb guests have enjoyed a positive first experience at my home. If you are new to airbnb (or not) and want to book one of my listings, please consider these 'pro tips' gleaned from my airbnb experiences...both, as a host and as a guest:
1) make sure you are completely verified and have a nice, clear photo of your face on your profile *before* sending a note/booking request to a host (trust and transparency are keys to success here);
2) read through the airbnb FAQs thoroughly! Hosts with popular listings are busy people and we appreciate it when prospective guests ask questions unique to their travel situation and/or the listing in question. We appreciate less those that ask us general airbnb questions that are answered already in the FAQs;
3) please, please, please thoroughly read through my listing(s). I assure you that your questions about parking, public transportation, check in/out, etc. have been included in the listing(s);
4) since you may have few/no reviews, hosts like me must make a guess as to what sort of guest(s) you might be (and some hosts won't even consider people new to airbnb). In the absence of a review, you might consider the following to ensure I (other hosts) will feel comfortable approving your request:
• get another airbnb member to write a reference on your behalf (click on "reviews/references" on your profile page and you will see how to do that)
• in your initial note, it is appreciated when you include what your plans are during your stay (sightseeing, attending a conference, partying at clubs, etc)
• include assuring comments about how you will treat my home (i.e. "I will treat your home with the same respect I treat mine")
• please make sure you've carefully thought out how you will feel about sharing your space, and sole bathroom, with a complete (male) stranger. This is a shared living situation and quite different (better) than a normal hotel room stay
**let me know you've read the house rules, and that they are agreeable to you (this is a must, please)**
5) airbnb does not allow for third-party bookings (so, no, you aren't able to book for your parents/son/daughter/etc). Here is airbnb's policy statement around this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427
6) For international guests - please make sure you have your smartphone connectivity sorted out for your stay in America. USA phone networks are not very flexible so it is advised you check on text/data options *before* your trip. At very least, install WhatsApp on your phone (like SMS and freely usable over data/wifi connection). Being able to communicate with me/other hosts on your day of arrival is crucial...especially if such things as a lockbox, or other unattended key transfer is used.
7) Finally...I, like other busy hosts, keep my calendar up to date. So, if airbnb is showing either of my listings as available for your dates - the place is available! If my listing suits your needs, it is best to send the booking request right off. If you hesitate, the other person looking at my place for your dates will get it!
Hope this is helpful. Welcome to my home.