We are offering a clean, private two-bedroom apartment in a charming neighborhood within walking distance of the Santa Monica beach, shops, and restaurants. See our calendar for our best deals. If you'd like to rent just our second bedroom for a cheaper price while we're in the other room, please ask us.
The apartment is on the lower level of a small, friendly complex in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The master bedroom includes a new king size bed. The guest room includes a new queen bed. All hardwood floors. There is one full bathroom. Here are some more specs:
Santa Monica Beach: 5 blocks
Third Street Promenade: 3/4 mile
Montana Avenue district: 1/4 mile
Santa Monica Pier: 1.5 miles
Venice Beach boardwalk: 3-4 miles
UCLA: 5 miles
Getty Museum: 5.5 miles
Hollywood: 12 miles
LAX airport: 10 miles
Parking is tricky on our street but can usually be done within a couple of blocks. Need a car? Consider the BigBlueBus or RelayRides websites.
We cannot accommodate pets or smoking inside the house. Guests are responsible for their own food. Limited closet space is available. Please read and print out our house manual before arriving.
We are a friendly, respectful, working couple and we love hosting new people.
Below are some recommendations about places to visit in the LA area:
Best of LA:
- turn right when leaving our house to intersect with Montana Ave. Left at Montana until you hit the park (5 blocks).
- great views of the ocean & boardwalk
- walk left (south) to the boardwalk (20 min walk)
Santa Monica Boardwalk & pier
- checkout the Ferris wheel wheel (great light shows at night) & roller-coaster
- walk back up Colorado to the 3rd St promenade
Third Street Promenade
- loads of cool shops & restaurants
- Zengo for drinks & tapas on the patio by the fireplace (Latin American / Asian fusion) (a little pricey, but worth it!)
- stroll the man-made homage to the true Venice
- enjoy the beautiful & unique architecture
Venice beach boardwalk: (website hidden)
- walk the boardwalk and check out all the beautiful weirdos doing their thing
- look for free street parking inland around the canals
- best during the daytime, be sure to secure valuables & read parking signs carefully
Silver Lake / Los Feliz area
Griffith park & observatory: (website hidden)
- Free entrance to park & observatory
- Free parking
- Great views of LA
- Be sure to check out a show in the planetarium
Silver Lake Ramen
2927 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- A good stop after visiting Griffith park
- A celebrity favorite
- Cheap & awesome, authentic ramen with an Californian twist
The Museum of Jurassic Technology: (website hidden)
- One of my very favorite LA gems
- Smithsonian magazine called it "a witty, self-conscious homage to private museums of yore . . . when natural history was only barely charted by science, and museums were closer to Renaissance cabinets of curiosity."
- Enjoy tea & cookies upstairs in the aviary
Los Angeles Downtown
- keep an eye out for cool architecture & murals
The Hive gallery: (website hidden)
- cool modern gallery with affordable art from, up-and-coming local artists
Artwalk (website hidden) is the second Thursday of the month, where many of the galleries host events featuring live music, live drawing, and sometimes free food & wine. Be sure to check out the food truck bonanza
Los Angeles fashion district: (website hidden)
- Score great deals from little side shops selling warehouse extras from name brands like Express & American Apparel
Mas Malo: (website hidden)
- great CA Mexican (check out the vegan menudo)
- cool vibe, cheap prices, full bar. A great place to refresh after a long day of shopping
Bottega Louie: (website hidden)
- enjoy a macaron and a capuchino after dinner
The Last Bookstore: (website hidden)
- amazingly cool space. Be sure to check out the upstairs book labyrinth
Great location, lovely apartment, easy communication. A very positive experience. Thanks, Eyal and Jen!
Everything in Eyal and Jen's place was exactly as advertised. Super nice and convenient. I was especially thrilled with how great he was at communicating (and how professional) early on in the process. I would highly recommend staying at their place. Very close to the beach (although I would recommend having a car).
This was my first AirBNB experience and it went super smooth - a lot better than I imagined! We stayed 4 people (two couples). Two clean, nice bedrooms. Really was a pleasure. Thanks Eyal and Jen!
We had a great few days at Eyal and Jen's apartment. The location is great - near the beach and Third Avenue - but in a lovely, quiet, leafy street. It's also well located for good restaurants - or grocery shops if you want to self-cater.
The apartment was spotlessly clean and well-presented and Eyal was very welcoming.
It was our first experience of Air B&B and was entirely positive.
Thanks Eyal and Jen for your hospitality.
Eyal and Jen were perfect airbnb hosts. Their apartment was exactly as the description and pictures showed. Extremely clean and inviting place. Very comfortable beds. We didnt meet in person but spoke several times and they were very helpful about the apt and the area, which is very close to the promenade and the santa Monica boardwalk. . I would definitely return to their place and highly recommend it.
The reservation was canceled 27 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.