We are offering a clean, private two-bedroom apartment in a charming neighborhood within walking distance of the Santa Monica beach, shops, and restaurants. See our calendar for our best deals. If you'd like to rent just our second bedroom for a cheaper price while we're in the other room, please ask us.
The apartment is on the lower level of a small, friendly complex in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The master bedroom includes a new king size bed. The guest room includes a new queen bed. All hardwood floors. There is one full bathroom. Here are some more specs:
Santa Monica Beach: 5 blocks
Third Street Promenade: 3/4 mile
Montana Avenue district: 1/4 mile
Santa Monica Pier: 1.5 miles
Venice Beach boardwalk: 3-4 miles
UCLA: 5 miles
Getty Museum: 5.5 miles
Hollywood: 12 miles
LAX airport: 10 miles
Parking is tricky on our street but can usually be done within a couple of blocks. Need a car? Consider the BigBlueBus or RelayRides websites.
We cannot accommodate pets or smoking inside the house. Guests are responsible for their own food. Limited closet space is available. Please read and print out our house manual before arriving.
We are a friendly, respectful, working couple and we love hosting new people.
Below are some recommendations about places to visit in the LA area:
Best of LA:
- turn right when leaving our house to intersect with Montana Ave. Left at Montana until you hit the park (5 blocks).
- great views of the ocean & boardwalk
- walk left (south) to the boardwalk (20 min walk)
Santa Monica Boardwalk & pier
- checkout the Ferris wheel wheel (great light shows at night) & roller-coaster
- walk back up Colorado to the 3rd St promenade
Third Street Promenade
- loads of cool shops & restaurants
- Zengo for drinks & tapas on the patio by the fireplace (Latin American / Asian fusion) (a little pricey, but worth it!)
- stroll the man-made homage to the true Venice
- enjoy the beautiful & unique architecture
Venice beach boardwalk: (website hidden)
- walk the boardwalk and check out all the beautiful weirdos doing their thing
- look for free street parking inland around the canals
- best during the daytime, be sure to secure valuables & read parking signs carefully
Silver Lake / Los Feliz area
Griffith park & observatory: (website hidden)
- Free entrance to park & observatory
- Free parking
- Great views of LA
- Be sure to check out a show in the planetarium
Silver Lake Ramen
2927 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- A good stop after visiting Griffith park
- A celebrity favorite
- Cheap & awesome, authentic ramen with an Californian twist
The Museum of Jurassic Technology: (website hidden)
- One of my very favorite LA gems
- Smithsonian magazine called it "a witty, self-conscious homage to private museums of yore . . . when natural history was only barely charted by science, and museums were closer to Renaissance cabinets of curiosity."
- Enjoy tea & cookies upstairs in the aviary
Los Angeles Downtown
- keep an eye out for cool architecture & murals
The Hive gallery: (website hidden)
- cool modern gallery with affordable art from, up-and-coming local artists
Artwalk (website hidden) is the second Thursday of the month, where many of the galleries host events featuring live music, live drawing, and sometimes free food & wine. Be sure to check out the food truck bonanza
Los Angeles fashion district: (website hidden)
- Score great deals from little side shops selling warehouse extras from name brands like Express & American Apparel
Mas Malo: (website hidden)
- great CA Mexican (check out the vegan menudo)
- cool vibe, cheap prices, full bar. A great place to refresh after a long day of shopping
Bottega Louie: (website hidden)
- enjoy a macaron and a capuchino after dinner
The Last Bookstore: (website hidden)
- amazingly cool space. Be sure to check out the upstairs book labyrinth
Must read the House Manual prior to arrival. The manual will be included in your Airbnb confirmation e-mail, and it is not the same thing as the House Rules.
Must check in after 2pm and before 10pm unless otherwise approved (First day only.)
Must check out by 11am unless otherwise approved (Last day only).
No pets or smoking inside. Santa Monica law also prohibits smoking within 25 feet of any door or window.
Must close windows before leaving.
Guest is responsible for repayment or replacement of any accidental damages.
Volume level must be respectful to our wonderful neighbors.
No unapproved visitors (ask us first, please).
No eating or drinking in bed (to protect linens).
We cannot accommodate guests with kids under age 12.
We cannot allow unauthorized downloads, such as pirated movies, from our wireless internet. (Providers can often detect this and cancel the customer's service.)
Thanks for understanding.
I had a great time in Santa Monica, thanks to Eyal and Jen. They have a lovely place in a perfect location, close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. They accommodated my early arrival and were gracious in ensuring I had everything I needed, i.e. clean sheets and towels. Their home is very welcoming- clean, quiet, and gets great light. I will definitely try to stay at Jen & Eyal's place next time I'm in LA! Thanks!
Eyal and Jen's place was perfect for what we were looking for. A great apartment a short walk to downtown Santa Monica. They were very accommodating and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their place to anyone looking to stay in Santa Monica.
Paradise West was everything that it was advertised to be. Great location, quiet neighborhood and well maintained bnb. I would stay here again if I visit Santa Monica again.
Eyal and Jen are great hosts. Communicating with them was really easy, and they answered any questions we had about the place. The apartment is in a great location in Santa Monica, close the the beach, the shops and some fantastic restaurants. It was very clean, bright, spacious and made our stay in Santa Monica very relaxing and enjoyable. They even left out a bag of travel goodies for us to use which was very thoughtful.
Perfect place for saying close to the water in LA, in Santa Monica. Clean cute first floor apartment with nice kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms with big comfy beds. Walking distance to shopping and night life on Montana Ave and on 3rd St.
Hosts are lovely and have worked out a simple system. We had the place to ourselves.
Loved it - would definitely stay again.
Eyal & Jen were accommodating and responsive to our emails. Their place is very clean and tidy with fresh linens for all guests. The location is convenient with short walks to dining and entertainment as well as a grocery store. I highly recommend stay at their place if you're looking in the Santa Monica area!
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Perfect organization of everything, as host was not there during check in. We found the key in a lock box and could enter. The apartment was very clean and the location is perfect. Eyal und Jen prepared towles and everything, also wifi was provided and they even prepared some information about the area. Very cure! Thank you again for this stay - we really liked it.
This host has 134 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are a down-to-earth couple (ages 35 and 30) who love to try new things and meet new people. During the week, we're usually pretty busy with school and work, but are happy to host you any day of the week. Eyal is a researcher in social science and prefers unicycling over walking. Jen is a business entrepreneur, and loves to speak in Korean. Looking forward to meeting you!