Studio garden in big chalet in the very heart of Tarentaise Valley !
The oldest famous valley in the French Alps after Chamonix valley two hours drive from here).
Tarentaise valley is entirely devoted to agriculture and tourism because of a rather nice climate. Bourg-St-Maurice is the last little town where trains stop. Trains connections are exceptional in winter time , somehow reduced in summer. A fast and very convenient funecular can take you up to les Arcs ski resort from the station in less than 10 mn .
We offer a studio with access to the garden. A cool sheltered terrace with table and benches is a nice place to read and rest in summer and offers a view over the mountains nearby. The main room is about 18 m2 with twin beds and television and access to wifi. It opens into a 8m2 small kitchen . The bathroom is quite large with a shower, a washing machine and a dryer . The loo is independent . At your disposal, the sheltered car park in the house yard.
(1)five to Ten minutes walk down to the lively little town center (Saturday market + pedestrian streets ). (2)Summer hikes (ranging from easy ones to difficult ones) and (3) excursions, famous scenic roads to several great alpine passes. (4)Very good mountain biking , paragliding, kayaking area as well as(5) family easy biking along Isère river and nice swimming in pool and small lake nearby. (6)International Les Arcs chamber music festival end july or Baroque Festival in Tarentaise. Jazz festival mid-August.(7) guided Baroque churches visits.
Winter:(8) 5 minutes drive from home to the funecular to take you up to Les Arcs Paradiski ski resorts. Bourg is close (45 mn ) to famous winter ski resorts such as Val d'Isère, Tignes,La Rosière .
Easy snow shoeing and cross country skiing available .
(9)English speakers very much welcome!
IF YOU WANT TO READ MORE !!!
(1) Bourg-St Maurice is a friendly place to walk around. The main pedestrian street is quite busy all day long - and much more on market day - with several nice places for a drink or more. The park nearby (known as "les marais") is a large wooded area including a big pond extremely interesting for bird watching. Walking or jogging around this sheltered wild area along paths following refreshing river Isère is one of the favorite hobby for people of all ages.
(2) We can discuss with you about the different hikes you would like to do the next day. There are so many ! The one to Chapelle St Michel (with a stunning view over Bourg) starts right outside the house. If you feel lonely, Bernard may share the day with you and I might as well if it is not too tough for my knees!
(3) Bourg is not a dead end as three scenic roads(frequently followed by le Tour de France) opens to three different directions a) to Roselend Pass leading to Albertville or Megève b) Petit St Bernard Pass leading to Aoste valley or Chamonix valley (through Mont Blanc tunnel) c) Iseran Pass leading to Maurienne Valley
(4) these sports are very popular here : you can either practise them in very good conditions or join a group/club for training or just watch them !! much safer !
(5) cycling attracts a lot of people ....you need some training to cycle up the passes.(several friendly un-competitive races in summer time) More reasonable loops will make you discover lovely villages like Les Chapelles Or La Côte d'Aime.
A flat ride on a cycling path goes along river Isère for nearly 20 km.
You will love a quick dive in the small artificial lake at the end of it.
The local swimming-pool is very popular with families and children : it is calm and quiet from 10 in the morning till one o'clock.
(6) Our favourite festival has been taking place in les Arcs for 39 years ! 18th ,19th,20th century chamber music is presented in 40 FREE concerts by outstanding artists .....Have a look at the Festival des arcs site ! Baroque festival needs a little more organisation as tickets have to be booked and purchased ! Jazz'n bouffe is a very friendly gathering early August whose growing fame is making more and more popular jazz musicians to visit us.
(7) guided visits of our Baroque churches are organised by l'office du Tourisme
(8) If ever you decide to spend a week in winter time , there is no need for me to tell you about the thrill of skiing, the excitement of starting such a sport ! Have a look at les Arcs site or the beautiful other ski resorts in the area. Snow shoeing deserves a try as it is - like hiking- the sort of activity for your physical limits to be challenged or your inclination for meditation in a crispy cold air to be emphasized. Cross country tracks run along Isere river or you will enjoy discovering Peisey Nancroix high valley, 12 km only from Bourg.
(9) As a French teacher of English, I enjoy meeting English speaking (email hidden) keeps my English alive and my brain alert !
I love sharing some of my/our memories gathered while travelling in Britain, America, Australia or India.
We loved our stay! Not only are Bourg St.-Maurice a really nice village and Les Arc a perfect skiing-area for our needs, but Marie Annick and Bernard were really kind and good hosts! They were super helpful and kind whenever we had questions or needed help - we even got to borrow some skiis, which where really nice of them. Also, Marie Annick speaks perfect english, in case you don' speak fluent french :)
Our "room" had everything - even a washing machine and hairdryer! Also coffee and some sugar, much more than at a hotel :) I would recommend this anytime and we are absolutely considering coming back!
Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed 6 nights in their amazing studio. It was my first time skiing and I was so happy to start in Val D'Isere resort. Marie and Bernard are very nice people. If you need any help with skiing or information about that they are more than happy to help you. They even gave my boyfriend a pair of skis to use.
The studio is so biiiiig! You have your own entrance, bathroom and normal size kitchen together with bedroom. If you want you can go outside and enjoy the sun in the garden. Basically, there is everything you can think of. Couldn't ask for more! Thank you so much. Lina& Podge
The studio is in a new house just above the centre of Bourg. It is quiet, private and comfortable with an adequate kitchen area own bathroom etc and opens onto the garden with a great view of Les Arcs. Important for us as keen skiers we could use the washing machine in the well equiped bathroom and dry everything overnight in the boiler room next door. Marie and Bernard are wonderful and generous hosts.and we hope to see them in London.
Un séjour très agréable. Merci pour les avis touristiques de la région, prêt de skis du fond et le génépi.
Very pleasant short stay in a charming, well equipped apartment in a quiet and peaceful location. Marie-Annick and Bernard were very kind hosts and helped us greatly by picking us up from the station.
The place was a total delight. Right in Bourg St. Maurice, just up the hill from the center of town. Maybe a ten minute walk from the train station and the funicular to Les Arcs. Marie-Annick and Bernard were absolutely delightful hosts. Marie Annick picked us up at the train station, and showed us all around town, and even gave my wife a cross country ski lesson! The apartment was immaculate, well appointed, and very comfortable, with its own separate entrance through the garage. We can't wait to go back again, and would totally recommend Bourg St. Maurice to anyone looking for a mountain holiday!
Marie-Annick and Bernard perfect hosts. Studio clean and cozy, very beautiful view to mountains. Recommend to anyone!
Marie Annick and Bernard are wondefull hosts!! They made as feel very comfortable.
The room is better that what it looks like in the photos, and the town is very beutifull. We have very nice days in Bourg Saint Maurice
Très bonne adresse : le cadre est splendide, le studio très agréable, bien équipé et Marie Annick et Bernard sont très accueillants et adorables.
Une adresse que nous recommandons vivement et que nous gardons pour notre prochain séjour dans la région.
Marie-Annick and Bernard are the best hosts one can wish for! They are very caring and provided us with great advice on hikes to do in the area. The studio is clean and well equipped. We will definitely stay with them again on our next trip!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT