About this listing
Picture yourself on an idyllic private island 5 minutes to Algonquin Park (largest Provincial Park in Canada) on beautiful Oxtongue Lake. Twenty minute drive east of Huntsville Ontario, off Highway 60, two and a half hours drive north of Toronto Ont.
This is the only island rental property with easy access to Algonquin park and Muskoka.
The island cottage will accommodate up to 4 guests at the maximum. The renter must be at least 25 years old at the minimum in order to rent.
The cleaning fee covers a thorough professional cleaning of the cottage before you check-in & professional transportation to and from the island cottage via a pontoon boat with a paid driver.
Less than 15 minute drive to either gourmet restaurants or all outdoor activities, including hundreds of kilometers of hiking trails, and canoe routes. All water sports equipment and bicycles can be rented within a 5 minute drive. Canoe and small boat provided. Host supplies transport to and from island at beginning and end of stay(or bring your own boat).
Interaction with guests
Total privacy on your own island with 1800 feet of shoreline. Beaches for children and deep dive from docks.
Other things to note
Cell phone service is excellent. Cabin is equipped with 3 kitchen appliances, 3 piece bath, septic tank. Outdoor shower, TV Bell Express VU satellite service.
- The island cottage will accommodate up to 4 people.
- Boat kits/life jackets
- Motor, ballast, RHS operation, key, boards, air shut off
- Boat gas, propane, charcoal
- Buoy locations – shoal warning
- Power out – barbeque, draw water, ice bags, candles
- Outdoor and hand shower operation – hot water needs to run
- Park pass available - courtesy
- TV op
- Fireplace op and baseboard heaters
- Dive dock and path
- Coffee perc and filters
- Privy location
- Location of fire pit, kindling and TWP rules
- Lock procedure and pass code
- Fishing equipment in shed
- Deck light switch
- Spare frig
- No pets allowed in Cabin.
- No smoking in Cabin; abrogation results in a $200 cleaning fee.
- Management not responsible for accidents, injuries, or stolen valuables.
- Island and its facilities are only for registered guests. Two parking spaces are available on mainland.
- Campfires are only permitted after 7 pm, and are only allowed in the designated fire pit. Guests must abide by Township fire bans.
- There are no lifeguards and you use the lake at your own risk. Life jackets are mandatory for all boats. Life jackets and safety equipment is provided. Boat operator licence is required for motor boat.
- Check-in time is after 3PM (unless otherwise arranged) and check-out 11 am.
- Communication with owners on mainland is only by cell phone.
In case of emergency call 911.
- Delivery at beginning of stay and pick up on check-out will be provided by owner for luggage and groceries. Alternately you may use the government ramp on Harris Road for your own licenced water vehicle (dock will accommodate a boat of up to 25 feet in length).
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 46 reviews for other properties.View other reviews