1940's guesthouse with charm to spare. It comfortably fits three adults and is centrally located in a community-minded neighborhood near many bike paths. Enjoy our art-filled backyard and koi pond.
Charming 1940's casita details:
- Private and secluded entrance.
- Walk through our lush garden for access to your detached casita.
- Sleeps two adults quite comfortably with space available for up to three adults with use of the futon or two adults with children.
- Desk overlooking the garden, queen bed, queen futon, huge closet and bathroom with beautiful natural light.
- Local art fills the space.
- Radiant heat and space heater available for warmth in the winter.
- Powerful wall a/c unit available in the summer.
- Both wireless and direct broadband internet available, however no TV or DVD player.
- Full fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker with use of our gas grill for larger cooking projects.
- Iron, ironing board, and hair dryer.
- Board games (Battleship!) and card decks.
- Local menus, maps, and must-sees compiled in a binder for use.
- Tandem bike and two single Linus bikes available for tooling around town. Bikeability score is 89. Bike map provided.
- Laundry and dryer in our garage available for use as well as access to our ping pong table.
- Gas grill, picnic table, outdoor fireplace, and koi pond in the backyard.
Interaction with Guests
- We are typically present in the main house as we both work from home, but we will give you as much privacy as possible during your stay.
- That said, if you'd like to chat, speak up, we adore getting to know our guests!
- Feel free to ask us for restaurant advice, we consider ourselves foodies and adore the local scene.
- Fun and walkable/bikeable neighborhood close to the Arroyo Chico wash replete with occasional javelina and coyote.
- Check out our neighborhood's Little Free Library (LFL.)
- Within walking distance to yummy pizza (Falora), sushi (Sushi Garden), Korean (Kimchi Time), and Ethiopian (Zemam's) food as well as a bakery (Sugar), bar (Sidecar), vegan creamery (Cashew Cow), and yoga studio (Session Yoga.)
Bus stops located in the Broadway Village that run north/south and east/west. Approximately 15-20 min drive from the airport and ~3 miles east of downtown. We highly recommend Lyft and Uber for your transportation needs.
Other Things to Note
Plenty of off-street parking.
No smoking on the property. Furry friends allowed with exceptions, please contact owner.
Love, love, loved our time a la casita with Heather. This was a perfect place for us to unwind and catch up on some sunshine. My daughter and I enjoyed the double seated bicycle and then later in the week we had fun on the "townies". Heather could not have been a more perfect hostess. There were lovely food and drink items left for us and all the essentials for making us feel at home. Thank you Heather! Paula and PIm
I stayed at the desert casita with my husband and 10 month old baby. We were in Arizona for 1 week and were spending 3 days in Tucson. The casita is very clean and decorated in an eclectic manner. We enjoyed looking at all the different items guessing where they were from. The back yard is great as well. It was lite with christmas lights and has plenty of comfortable seating. Our host Heather was very prompt an thorough with communication before and during our stay. Many thoughtful details were put into preparing the casita for guests... Bottle of Wine, a few beers and limes, and some quick snacks. The only downside I can mention about our stay (and it has nothing to do with Heather or the accommodation) is that having our crawling 10 month old was a bit of challenge. Hard floors and lots of interesting things to investigate meant we couldn't take our eyes off of her. As for the location of the casita, the shops and restaurants that are in walking distance are located in strip malls on a pretty busy roadway. We often drive to other parts of the city to stroll, eat, and shop. That said, the casita is a very short drive to most places in the city.
We loved this place! It was easy to find, even in the dark. The pictures don't do it justice! Beautifully decorated, with fun details all around, it was also a very comfortable space. We used it mainly as a basecamp for exploration to the parks and museums, and had we had time, would have loved to just hang out there more. We felt very welcomed with the lights on, a bottle of wine waiting for us (though we didn't end up drinking it, it was a very nice touch!). Heather was very flexible and easy to communicate with. We definitely would want to stay here again!
Heather's place is a great little get away tucked away in a great area of Tucson. The casita is the perfect size for a couple or someone just needing to get away, and their backyard in very well kept. All the necessities were taken care of, and Heather was very communicative. Everything was set up well, and privacy was never an issue. I would love to spend another weekend here if the opportunity arises.
Heather & Brad were the ultimate hosts. I've never been treated better at any AirBnB. She even left a little treat area with fruit, oatmeal, good tea, some wine and showed up my first morning with homemade lemon bars. There were coupons, menus, a book of recommendations of things to do and places to eat and even a little hand drawn map. As for the space, I just loved it. I could have stayed forever. THANK YOU for a marvelous stay in your beautiful little backyard casita oasis. Five stars.
The Casita was perfect for my stay. I stayed here with my mom for one night. The queen bed and futon were both very comfortable. The Casita is very clean and in a great neighborhood. Heather is a perfect host she communicated quickly during the reservation process. She also left us with a map and a nice binder of menus and recommendations for restaurants. Several restaurants are within walking distance. There was a bottle of wine and a coffee/tea bar plus some snacks waiting for us. I. definitely recommend staying here and will do so again next time I am in Tucson.
When I arrived at Heather's place, I was astonished! She has an absolutely beautiful and incredibly artistic home with a friendly vibe. Walking up to the Charming Casita, a kind “welcome” note greeted me at the doorstep. Inside, I found everything and more! From a generous bottle of wine, to delicious homemade pound cake (I devoured in minutes), and brochures/coupons directing me to all the hotspots of Tucson. The Charming Casita was outstandingly artistic, very clean, and beyond comfortable. I’m so very pleased with the visit, you must experience it for yourself! This friendly home was my first airbnb experience and definitely the highlight of my trip to Tucson. Thank you Heather!
My husband and I adore Tucson and have called the Old Pueblo home off-and-on for the past 15+ years. We love exploring new environments, chowing down on great food, and hosting guests/friends/family. We've traveled using AirBNB extensively and tend to like a peaceful, relaxing environment with limited interaction with hosts. In turn we try to provide this for our guests. If you're needing more hands on hosting, please ask!