Typical apartment on two levels on Madralisca street, 50 meters from Piazza Duomo, in the heart of Cefalu, quaint and perfect for an authentic stay in Cefalu, with small balcony overlooking the rooftops and a glimpse of the sea. Composed on the third floor of a bedroom where there are a double bed and a single bed, on the fourth floor there is a simple kitchen suitable for short stays. The apartment is equipped with washing machine.
We need a valid mobile number, an address email and the estimated time of arrival to better organize your stay.
The final cleaning is included in the price, but it is the guest's responsibility to leave the breakfast corner clean, carrying away the trash and do not leave food.
Daily cleaning and breakfast are not provided.
We acknowledge that we have to assure to all our valued guests that they can relax and enjoy peace and quiet.
As they are private apartments, we ask our guests to behave with respect towards the neighbors.
I had actually booked another apartment that had a washing machine and a roof-top patio – a little further away than the one offered.
The reason given for the change was that there had been an 'electrical water heater problem' with the originally booked unit.
An alternative was therefore supplied.
– Great view, seafront position overlooking the beach. In summer, this particular apartment would be an amazing place to have as a base.
– Soporific value of the waves’s breaking is very relaxing.
– Basic, functional, spartan – the perfect place to have as a pied-à-terre and where to lay one’s head before getting out and partaking of the town’s delights.
– TV – but didn’t try it.
– Balcony – and drying line.
– Internet OK – but needed re-booting. (2 / 24 hrs)
– Heating: AC/Heat unit – only modestly effective
– In the Summer, the parking must be a nightmare: most of the old town is parking-restricted. Even in Winter a schlep is required to go with from the car to the apartment. (250m – nearest option.)
– The apartment is perhaps a little TOO minimalist: there is nowhere, other than the kitchen table on which to “do" anything.
– The stairs up to the second floor are steep and so not too suitable for the physically-challenged.
– No washing machine.
– Hot water – 4 > 5 mins max.
– Kitchen unit is small – presumably on the basis that clients would eat out: cooking anything other than an egg might be daunting.
– Limited storage for suitcases: behind the fridge, in a shelf-unit / cupboard.
– The rental was handled through an Agency and not a private individual – contrary to my belief. This impacts on the friendliness of the overall reception which, whilst efficient, was not the same as for an owner.
– Not as secure a door as I am used to in Italy – just a single lock.
– I prefer dealing directly with the Owner. For myself, that’s what AirB&B is about.
– Providing one would be satisfied by a minimalist space.
It is perfectly acceptable as a whistle-stop for a day or two.
ABOUT CEFALU and its environs.
A small, old, interesting little city that has plenty of charisma and a great beach.
Its DUOMO is an absolutely classical, Byzantine-influenced beauty – and there are possibilities for finding other things to see if looking for any kind of visual and historical culture.
Lots of restaurants, bars and other tourist honey-pots that would patently support the apres-beach aspirations of most holidaymakers.
The road from Messina is BORING – by Autostrada or the coast. In summer, it's possible to imagine that it's single lane would be a killer.
The way from Palermo isn’t any more attractive. Better take the Autostrada and be done with it.
Une bonne adresse située à proximité de la cathédrale du Cefalu et dans le centre historique. Un pied à terre fonctionnel pour découvrir la ville.
Nous étions un groupe de trois amis et avons passé un agréable séjour dans l'appartement de Giuseppe au coeur du centre historique de Cefalu. Le matelas du lit d'appoint était très fin mais Giuseppe a été attentif à notre remarque et nous a apporté un second matelas dans la journée. A recommander !
Artista 2 is located perfectly for Cefalu, dealing with Guiseppe was fine, communication was pretty timely. The property really suited us, and is as described, the pictures on the webiste are accurate, steep stairs may not suit everyone, but it was a good experience for us.
Everything was excellent, the host was really nice, the apartment nicer. Everything was clean and well maintained. The town itself had a lot of great restaurants and small convenience stores. We found everything we needed within a five minute walk, including the beach. We would love to come back here.
Great little place just steps from the piazza del duomo and a easy short walk to the beach. Clean and pert, this apartment is an excellent value. Also the management helps you park your car for free nearby and settles you in.
This host has 114 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Welcome to my Airbnb profile,
I'm a rental manager although almost of my listings belong to family and friends and much pride is taken in the care of each home for the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests,
I love working with people and families and can arrange most things you may need included the airport transfer.
I love travel as well and as traveler i want to offer to all my guests a good accommodations at least at the right price, and when it's possible at very good price.
I look forward to your enquiry,