Located in the center of 23 acres in the scenic countryside of Upper Bucks County, Pa., this newly renovated luxury cottage features every comfort and convenience. Indoor amenities include air-conditioning, high-speed wireless Internet, flat-screen TV with cable, queen-size bed, working gas fire, and rain shower.
A full kitchen includes everything you need to turn your local farmers' market finds into gourmet meals: two-burner gas range, combination convection/microwave oven, full-size fridge-freezer, place settings, stainless steel cookware, coffee maker, toaster, electric kettle, and more. Gorgeous custom-made cabinetry reflects the owners' love of fine wines and adds to the unique character of this charming little house.
The cozy living room, with its toasty vintage-style gas fire and comfy loveseat and armchair, is the perfect place to curl up with a book and glass of wine or for an evening of movie viewing on the large flat-screen plasma TV.
Upstairs, a queen-size four-poster bed with a luxurious memory-foam mattress topper will send you off to dreamland in no time. Attached to the bedroom is a small but well-appointed half-bath, and a closet. Nights at Heidelberry Farm are particularly serene - our country location means the only sounds you hear will be from Mother Nature and our sky full of stars more than makes up for the absence of bright city lights.
Wake up to birdsong and refresh yourself under the glass-walled rain shower in the luxury full bath tiled in natural slate, downstairs.
There is also ample space to enjoy the outdoors, with your own naturally screened yard area and gas grill.
When you are ready to get out and explore, your options are virtually limitless. The Cottage is just minutes from some of the area's finest restaurants, farmers' markets, boutiques and shops, theaters and live entertainment venues, ski slopes, lakes, hiking, biking, and riding trails, and much more. Some of the attractions within just a short drive include Historic Bethlehem, Dorney Park, dozens of top-notch golf courses, The Crayola Factory, several wineries and craft brew pubs, Camelback ski resort, Bear Mountain ski resort, Easton's State Theater, Nockamixon Lake & State Park, several riding stables, Coca-Cola ballpark, Zoellner Center for the Performing Arts, Delaware River Water Sports, Hawk Mountain bird sanctuary, and much more!
The owners live on the property (with their two dogs and one cat), just across the large driveway, and are available to assist with directions, suggestions for local sightseeing and restaurants, and more.
Other things to note
- The cottage can accommodate up to two adults. We can not accept bookings of more than two adults, or bookings that include children or pets.
- We are truly rural. The nearest grocery store is at least 15 minutes away, as is the closest pizza place (and it does not deliver!) We provide a few basic items (coffee, milk, etc.), but if you want to have food on hand when you arrive, please plan on bringing it with you.
- Please keep in mind that we have two dogs. They are generally calm and quiet and we do our best to keep them that way - especially during the morning hours; but, they occasionally feel the need to bark, like almost any other dog. They will bark at you when you arrive and maybe even a little bit the next few times they see you. They may bark at noises on the road. Not a lot, but it happens. They also have free run of the property, so you may see them playing or snoozing on the cottage lawn, or they may come to spectate your grilling. If you do not like dogs, the cottage is probably not a good choice for you.
- CHECK-IN: ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK-IN IN-PERSON WITH THE OWNERS, unless prior arrangements have been made. To alert us of your arrival, please ring the bell at the front door of the main house (the red door at the bottom of the stone steps, just off the driveway). Please do not let yourself into the cottage, even if it should be unlocked, without first checking-in in-person.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have made arrangements to check-in on your own, in our absence, please make a point to introduce yourself to us when we return or the next morning, in the case of evening check-ins. We are reluctant disturb our guests' privacy, but we do like to meet everyone face-to-face, so please text, call or ring our doorbell when you are ready to say hello.
- CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00PM, unless prior arrangements have been made with owners.
- CHECK-OUT TIME: 12:00PM, unless prior arrangements have been made with owners.
- Whenever possible, we are happy to accommodate earlier check-ins or later check-outs, with advance notice. Please let us know at the time of booking if you would like to adjust your check-in or check-out time. We will do our best to work with your schedule.
- No pets
- No children
- No smoking
- No parties, large or small; use of the cottage is strictly limited to the (up to 2) guests covered by your booking
- The owners' cat and two dogs are friendly and curious; they may try to convince you to let them into the Cottage. Please do not allow the cat or dogs entrance to the Cottage.
- Feel free to stroll the large yard area around the main house, but please keep in mind that the deck and the barn interior are off limits.
- We understand that accidents sometimes happen, and we prefer to fix any problems right away. Please report any damages, breakage or malfunctioning equipment to the owners immediately (e.g., broken dishware, spills or stains on upholstery or rugs, malfunctioning appliances, torn towels, drapes or bedding, scratched furniture, etc.)
- Prior to walking the extensive wooded areas surrounding the property, please check with the owners to get a sense of property lines, so that you don't stray onto the private property of neighbors. (And please note that you walk the woods at your own risk and that the woods are loaded with poison ivy!)
- Prior to departure, please be sure to wash any dishware, pots, pans, utensils, etc. that you may have used during your stay.
- Keep in mind that sounds carry out here in the countryside - we ask that you respect the peace and quiet of our neighbors and ourselves. Please refrain from loud music and other loud noises, especially after 9PM.