About this listing
Vaulted ceilings and redwood cabinetry in large kitchen/social room offset an elegant living room.
Bedroom and bath are charming and reflect an eye for taste.
Owner is a meditation instructor, so the flat reflects adult serenity.
Absolutely charming and chic.
1 bedroom, living room, huge kitchen/social room, full bath. Designed with vaulted ceiling and new bathroom, this little cottage is perfect for a couple or two. One can sleep in the bedroom and the other may use a double high, queen sized air mattress (provided) in the living room.
IT WILL NOT BE PERFECT; IT WILL BE LIVED IN.
Summer offers a gorgeous garden with shaded dining and water installation (You can hear it from the bedroom. It's very relaxing.) In winter, the garden is covered with snow and the blackout curtains in the bedroom cover the quiet scene.
Jesse is the caretaker and lives in the apartment next door. You may ask him for rides to or from the airport ($25 for up to 4), emergency laundry or other necessities.
5 minutes from downtown Mpls and downtown St. Paul, 3 blocks off Hwy 94. 5 Minutes from two organic groceries, a huge park and famous Grand Avenue for shopping and eclectic dining. On street parking across the street from a Mpls policeman, so we're pretty darned safe.
3 block walk to the bus.
Wi-fi, central heat and air-con, full kitchen, laundry for those staying over a week.
Interaction with Guests
I'll be gone, the place is all yours. Neighbor will help if you need anything :)
This flat is 1 mile from historic Grand Avenue - perfect for shopping and dining. It is also close to two organic grocery stores and minutes away from both downtowns (Minneapolis and St. Paul).
2 miles from Macalester College.
The train is just a few blocks away at Lexington Pkwy and University, and public bus is also available.
Other Things to Note
NEW AIRBNB-ER'S PLEASE NOTE:
This is not a hotel; it is my home.
It will not be perfect; it will be lived in.
I will not make the bed(s) - I will provide clean sheets and towels.
I have left cleaning supplies in case you want to wipe or sweep to your personal taste.
If you are sensitive about cleanliness, consider a proper hotel or be willing to do extra wiping up after the neighbor finishes.
1) This is a quiet, clean, adult household. Please keep the noise down after 8pm.
2) We will provide clean sheets and towels. Please leave them in a pile at the house when you go.
3) We provide dishes, cutlery and cookware. Please leave them clean and in the dish rack when you go.
4) You are welcome to use the wifi internet.
5) Outside smoking only.
6) Please leave the apartment as tidy as it was when you arrived. It will not be perfect; it will be lived in.
7) If you generate smelly garbage (especially diapers) please take the garbage (Under kitchen sink) out. Unlock the right side garden gate and you will find a blue bin in the alley.
8) IF YOU HAVE A CHILD PEASE BRING A WATERPROOF MATTRESS COVER AND SHEET. This will ensure no damage to the bed :)