A different way of vacationing in the country:
no plain mini-apartments, but a real Umbrian country house, dating back to the 1800s, restored, furnished and lived in for many years by the owners themselves. An elegant country garden with luxuriant roses, colourful flower beds and a swimming pool surrounded by olive trees. Ample rooms for ten people but perfect even for couples who would like to enjoy the place as if it were their own home. A vineyard and a cellar to immerse yourselves in the world of quality wine, Wine tastings a step away from the front door.
The country house is located in a scenic position at the top of a hill (a two-story building with 300 square metres of total floor space).
On the ground floor we have:
- a spacious kitchen furnished with modern electrical appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, oven, microwave oven, fridge, freezer), a table for 8 people and a fireplace, which can be used for cooking. The house, in fact, has facilities for barbecue both inside and outside.
- A spacious living room with TV, fireplace, a large table that seats 12.
- An enclosed veranda with fitness equipment.
- A bedroom with a two single beds.
- Two bathrooms (one with a shower and the other with a large tub)
.On the first floor we have:
- 2 bedrooms with queen-size beds, one with an attached bathroom.
- A large bedroom with two single beds
- A raised gallery with a queen size bed
- Another bathroom.
Wifi is available and free.
The garden is more than 5000 m2 broad. It is taken care of by us personally and has a huge lawn and two hundred-year-old oak trees. There are all kinds of plants and more than a hundred different kinds of roses which create an explosion of colours and scents , specially in spring and summer. From its hilltop position, it overlooks a magnificent countryside of hills and valleys. The garden is furnished with a large table (seating up to 12 people) under a pergola of American grape, perfect for open-air luncheons and dinners, barbecue, outdoor games and table tennis.
The swimming pool is surrounded by olive trees and is 4 x 10 metres. Its maximum depth is 160 cm.
A large staircase, were you can seat if you want, leads you into the water.
There are plenty of deck and lounge-chairs where you can relax under the sun.
Six of them are floating: we assure lot of fun!
Set in the heart of Etruscan and Medieval Italy, the small town of Otricoli is 1 km away with its shops and restaurants and enchanting archaeological site on Tiber river.
The charming, medieval town of Narni is 15 km away. The magnificent Marmore waterfalls are also close by (35 km). 45 minutes to Rome by fast train from the well-connected Orte station (with ample parking space). From Borghetto Flaminio direct train to Fiumicino Rome airport (1 hour). An area with a great culinary tradition, a wonderful variety of foods and drinks (wine, cheese, cured meats and hams, olive oil, pastries…) and fantastic eating places, both simple and gourmet (Vissani's, the most highly-rated restaurant in Italy, is only 40 minutes away).
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.