Welcome to Louisville, a fun and eclectic city full of surprises. Imagine yourself swinging on a porch, lounging in a hammock, or relaxing by the fireplace… these are just a few of the perks you'll enjoy at the beautiful historic Big Blue Bungalow. We're centrally located which means Churchill Downs, local food, and good pubs are minutes away. It’s also a great location for walking to Bardstown road to meander, shop at independent and unique stores, or lounge at a coffee shop or pub. Don't feel like walking? Uber and Lyft are now in Louisville!
Eat where the locals eat when you visit! We will give you a list of recommendations upon arrival.
- 4 miles from Churchill Downs!
- Located in Germantown... some of the best restaurants (Hammerheads, Eiderdown) and pubs (Four Pegs) in town.
- 1 mile from 3 Irish pubs, Papalino's Pizza, Holy Grale, and one of our best coffee shops (Quills) on Bardstown Rd / Baxter Ave. Bardstown Rd is probably home to the greatest number of restaurants in town.
- 2.3 miles from East Market St. (Harvest, La Coop, The Blind Pig, Mayan Cafe, Garage Bar, etc. etc.)
- 2.9 miles from Franfort Ave (El Mundo, Comfy Cow Ice Cream, Irish Rover, Nancy's Bagels, Bourbon's Bistro, etc.)
- Smoke free
- pet free
- 2 bedroom home with lots of entertaining space inside and out. The fireplace and outdoor seating are very pleasant and relaxing parts of our home that will start your vacation off right.
- Security deposit is $350.
- Special rates and longer length of stay apply for special events such as Derby, Forecastle, and Iron Man.
- Dining room table fits 8 people
- 2 private bedrooms each with comfortable queen size mattresses.
- Family room can be transformed to a 3rd bedroom with French doors. Luxury queen or twin air mattress can be placed in either the fireplace room or the family room, this house really could sleep 8 (10 in a pinch).
- Very comfortable couch, equally comfy front room couch (a little shorter). Both are great for sleeping.
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite.
- Off street parking for one vehicle (plenty of parking in front of the house as well)
- Fireplace Stove
- Coffee and espresso machine for when you decide not to go to Quills, or Gralehaus.
- Central heat and air (rarer in historic homes) with optional window units in the summer.
- If you are concerned about allergies or germs, we take a lot of pride in our home and clean it regularly.
- We care about you, the environment, and our own health so we clean with as much chemical free/natural products as possible.
Recently renovated 1920’s bungalow features:
- A brand new kitchen with new cabinets, granite, and stainless appliances available for your use.
- Refinished floors
We hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful city, and the Big Blue Bungalow
David was a wonderful host. Communication was a breeze, and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The house is cute and clean in a great location. The value for cost was amazing. Highly recommended!
We had a fantastic time at David's house. His home is great, and he was an accommodating and responsive host before, during, and after our stay. I would highly recommend his place to anyone looking to stay in Louisville.
A beautiful home in a great neighborhhood. Close to excellent restaurants and bars. David is the best to work with. Highest, highest recommendation!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT