Welcome to Louisville, a fun and eclectic city full of surprises. Imagine yourself swinging on a porch, lounging in a hammock, or relaxing by the fireplace… these are just a few of the perks you'll enjoy at the beautiful historic Big Blue Bungalow. Currently, we have a live tree and decorations up for Christmas. We're centrally located which means Churchill Downs, local food, and good pubs are minutes away. It’s also a great location for walking to Bardstown road to meander, shop at independent and unique stores, or lounge at a coffee shop or pub. Don't feel like walking? Uber and Lyft are now in Louisville!
Eat where the locals eat when you visit! We will give you a list of recommendations upon arrival.
- 4 miles from Churchill Downs!
- Located in Germantown... some of the best restaurants (Hammerheads, Eiderdown) and pubs (Four Pegs) in town.
- 1 mile from 3 Irish pubs, Papalino's Pizza, Holy Grale, and one of our best coffee shops (Quills) on Bardstown Rd / Baxter Ave. Bardstown Rd is probably home to the greatest number of restaurants in town.
- 2.3 miles from East Market St. (Harvest, La Coop, The Blind Pig, Mayan Cafe, Garage Bar, etc. etc.)
- 2.9 miles from Franfort Ave (El Mundo, Comfy Cow Ice Cream, Irish Rover, Nancy's Bagels, Bourbon's Bistro, etc.)
- Smoke free
- pet free
- 2 bedroom home with lots of entertaining space inside and out. The fireplace and outdoor seating are very pleasant and relaxing parts of our home that will start your vacation off right.
- Security deposit is $350.
- Special rates and longer length of stay apply for special events such as Derby, Forecastle, and Iron Man.
- Dining room table fits 8 people
- 2 private bedrooms each with comfortable queen size mattresses.
- Family room can be transformed to a 3rd bedroom with French doors. Luxury queen or twin air mattress can be placed in either the fireplace room or the family room, this house really could sleep 8 (10 in a pinch).
- Very comfortable couch, equally comfy front room couch (a little shorter). Both are great for sleeping.
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite.
- Plenty of parking in front of the house
- Fireplace Stove
- Coffee and espresso machine for when you decide not to go to Quills, or Gralehaus.
- Central heat and air (rarer in historic homes) with optional window units in the summer.
- If you are concerned about allergies or germs, we take a lot of pride in our home and clean it regularly.
- We care about you, the environment, and our own health so we clean with as much chemical free/natural products as possible.
Recently renovated 1920’s bungalow features:
- A brand new kitchen with new cabinets, granite, and stainless appliances available for your use.
- Refinished floors
We hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful city, and the Big Blue Bungalow
Our neighbors are very friendly and enjoy talking about their city. They spend a lot of time on their front porches, don't be afraid to say hi!
There's a TARC stop at the end of Rammer's/Oak Street.
Lyft and Uber are in Louisville now!
We just ask that you leave things in the same condition you found them. Thank you!
David was great. He was responsive and kind. The house was clean and in great shape. I would stay here again.
The "BBB" is glorious! It is in a vibrant neighborhood with so many options for food, drink and urban adventuring. Furthermore, I can confidently say David & Kelly were the most attentive hosts I have ever rented with. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is perfect for two couples. We played board games in the dining room, chatted in the front room, tasted bourbon and malört in the kitchen and slept peacefully in the bedrooms. Our Louisville experience was improved by staying here versus a generic hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Big Blue Bungalow -- the house is lovely and the neighborhood was great! The setup was perfect for two couples and everything was just as described. David was really responsive to questions we had and he made great recommendations for local spots. I would highly recommend staying here.
The Big Blue Bungalow is a great house close to everything in Germantown. The house was very clean when we arrived David was very welcoming and even provided coffee and bagels from some great local shops upon our arrival. Definitely recommend for others looking to be in the heart of Germantown.
The Blue Bungalow was just perfect. It was close to Highland and had some great local eateries and bars. The only down side was that we didn't stay longer. If visiting, I would add it's important to have a car, as the downtown area is about 3 miles away, but we weren't impacted because we had one.
David was a wonderful host. Communication was a breeze, and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The house is cute and clean in a great location. The value for cost was amazing. Highly recommended!
We had a fantastic time at David's house. His home is great, and he was an accommodating and responsive host before, during, and after our stay. I would highly recommend his place to anyone looking to stay in Louisville.
Kelly and I love good food, people, and the great outdoors! We consider ourselves foodies and try new restaurants as they pop up in Louisville. Traveling is another passion; we’ve been to Europe, Africa, North America, and South America so far. We have deeply connected with our city by investing in it by volunteering, going to local events, and exploring all the nooks and crannies.
We fell in love with this Bungalow when we first laid eyes on it and immediately purchased it to "renovate to make our own", while preserving as much of it's history as possible. We've been working hard on it from day one. We are so excited to host YOU in it and introduce you to our city! As a host we like to connect our guests with local businesses and provide a list of restaurants you can walk to from our house. As our guest, you can look forward to some "house warming" gifts upon arrival! Our life motto would be "seize the day, but keep eternity in mind!"