Welcome to Louisville, a fun and eclectic city full of surprises. Imagine yourself swinging on a porch, sitting by a fire pit outdoors, or relaxing by the fireplace…..these are just a few of the perks you'll enjoy at the beautiful historic Big Blue Bungalow. We're centrally located which means Churchill Downs, local food, and good pubs are minutes away. It’s also a great location for walking to Bardstown road to meander, shop at independent and unique stores, or lounge at a coffee shop or pub.
Eat where the locals eat when you visit! We recommend spending most of your time in the following areas...
LOCATION LOCATION (along with a handful of recommendations):
- 4 miles from Churchill Downs!
- 0 miles from Germantown... up and coming area with some of the best restaurants (Hammerheads, Eiderdown) and pubs (Four Pegs) in town.
- 1 mile from 3 Irish pubs, Papalino's Pizza, and the best coffee shop in town (Quills) on Bardstown Rd / Baxter Ave. Bardstown Rd is probably home to the greatest number of restaurants in town.
- 2.3 miles from East Market St. (Harvest, La Coop, The Blind Pig, Mayan Cafe, Garage Bar, etc. etc.)
- 2.9 miles from Franfort Ave (El Mundo, Comfy Cow Ice Cream, Irish Rover, Nancy's Bagels, Bourbon's Bistro, etc.)
We purchased our home a year ago, and have been renovating ever since. The living room is in progress. Still updating a few photos with new wall colors!
- Smoke free
- pet free
- 2 bedroom home with lots of entertaining space indoors and outdoors. The fireplace and outdoor seating are very pleasant and relaxing parts of our home that will start your vacation off right.
- Security deposit is $350.
- Special rates and longer length of stay apply for Derby weekend.
- Dining room table fits 8 people
- 2 private bedrooms each with comfortable queen size mattresses.
- Family room can be transformed to a 3rd bedroom with French doors. Luxury queen or twin air mattress can be placed in either the fireplace room or the family room, this house really could sleep 8.
- Very comfortable couch, equally comfy front room couch (a little shorter). Both are great for sleeping.
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite.
- Off street parking for one vehicle (plenty of parking in front of the house as well)
- Fireplace Stove
- Fire pit
- Coffee and espresso machine for when you decide not to go to Quills
- Central heat and air (rarer in historic homes)
- If you are concerned about allergies or germs, we take a lot of pride in our home and clean it regularly.
- We care about you, the environment, and our own health so I clean with as much chemical free/natural products as possible.
Recently renovated 1920’s bungalow features:
- A brand new kitchen with new cabinets, granite, and stainless appliances available for your use.
- Refinished floors
- In process of decorating and touching up some paint, so you might find a wall or two more colorful upon arrival!
We hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful city, and the Big Blue Bungalow