About this listing
Walking distance from Penn. Large, sunny, completely renovated townhouse, professional kitchen, plenty of light, roofdeck, balcony, parking. 3BR, 2.5BA, finished basement, master bath has 9 jet steam-shower. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, two zone heating. Walk to campus, parks, and excellent restaurants.
Spacious and open, plenty of light, tastefully furnished.
Everything but storage spaces.
Interaction with Guests
You'll be left blissfully alone unless you need me.
Amazing gastropub around corner, best coffee in Philly (Ultimo) down the block.
Buses to everywhere.
Leave everything shiny and new looking.
My husband and I, and our two daughters (14 and 20) stayed in June of 2015. Marina's home is lovely, extremely well-kept and clean, updated, and an incredible value. Things you might want to know:
- There are four floors (plus a rooftop terrace), so it's not for anyone with mobility challenges. We loved the stairs and the privacy afforded by the multiple floors. There is tons of space.
- There are two very comfortable true beds, a queen and a double, with nice linens and duvets. The queen is a tempur-pedic type. We'd been trying to decide what kind of new mattress to purchase and loved trying it out.
- The third bedroom has a lay-flat couch that my couch loving daughter found to be pretty uncomfortable because she couldn't actually get it to lie flat. She opted for the more comfortable sitting room couch (which also lays out).
- The AC is fantastic!
- The kitchen is outstandingly outfitted - from baking to cooking to a great cup of coffee, you can make it all.
- There is a coffee shop at the end of the block, a CVS and a couple of restaurants and gym about a 1/4 mile away, and the main parts of the city are from 3/4 mile to roughly a mile and a half. We walked back along 21st well into the evening and enjoyed the walk and felt safe. Philadelphia is a great walking city.
- The reserved parking spot is gated. Our Kia Soul fit perfectly. Anything more than a foot longer would have been a very tight fit and not allowed you to close the gate and get around the back to get in the house. So, a heads-up if you drive an SUV or such.
Marina's eye for design is top notch - I'd love to have her come update my home! She was responsive via text when a small challenge arose and provided detailed information on how to make the most of the apartment. We would definitely stay here again and appreciate Marina's willingness to share her lovely home.
Nous avons trouvé la maison de Marina telle qu'elle était décrite sur le site et dans le diaporama: très joliment décorée, très très propre, très bien aménagée pour un séjour en famille à philadephie. La maison est grande et permet de passer des moments agréables en famille dans plusieurs partie :
- dans la grande cuisine équipée qui permet de cuisiner de façon très confortable (tous les ustensiles et autres équipement sont présents, rien ne manque)
- autour du piano
- dans le salon
- et sur la magnifique terrasse qui offre une vue splendide sur philadelphie de jour comme de nuit
L'environnement est très calme, les commerces à proximité (5-10mn à pieds)
Sans voiture, nous avons opté pour les déplacements en métro (station à 20mn à pieds) mais le bus passe au coin de la rue.
Marina est très arrangeante pour les heures d'arrivée et de départ. Elle a laissé des notes sur le fonctionnement de la maison et sur les commerces qui nous ont bien aidés. Un grand merci
Awesome house! If we ever go back to Philly, we will rent this house again. We also wish our own house could look like that. Our kids love the house, because it is beautifully decorated and there are lots of kids toys and books. The house is super clean and very organized. The location is great. There is a bus stop one block away. That bus takes you to the city center. Marina was responsive during our stay, considering that we had about 6 hours time difference. The neighborhood is nice and safe.
The house is beautiful and spacious - just like the listing! It was very easy to check in and out and Marina's "house guide" was very helpful - full of house tips and places to visit around town. The rooftop deck had an amazing skyline view (the pictures can not do this view justice!) and was a wonderful bonus in this great townhouse.
Marina was a great host - readily available and so sweet!
I would absolutely recommend this townhouse - it's an amazing space at an amazing price and perfect for a family or group of friends.
Marina's house is absolutely wonderful. It is spacious, sunny, and airy; large enough to accommodate my family of five. The photos, which are already very nice, do not do it justice. She has the best stocked kitchen in Philadelphia - cooking there was a pleasure - and the rooftop deck was a welcome retreat at the end of our busy days. The neighborhood is lovely; it felt very safe and was a short walk to bars, shops, and restaurants. Marina was a wonderful host - her house guide answers any questions you might have, and she was always available via email. I would definitely stay here again :)
We greatly enjoyed our 1 week stay at Marina's townhouse. You could easily tell that a conscious person lived at the house. The house was newly renovated, spacious, and spotless. The decor was tasteful. The kitchen was fully equipped. The view from the roof deck was amazing.
The neighborhood felt safe. There were interesting bars and coffee shops close by. We were able to park on the street during the weekend and used the backyard parking spot during the week. We did not use public transportation.
Marina was easily contacted and responsive before and during the stay. We'd love to stay again in the future and would recommend it to our family and friends.
Marina's home was absolutely fantastic, with plenty of room to spread out and relax in an uncluttered space. All the comforts of home are made available...fully equipped kitchen, beautifully renovated bathrooms, plenty of closet space. She has a "care and feeding manual" so it's very clear where things are and how the house works. It's in a neighborhood with a hip urban vibe, wonderful restaurants and a great coffee shop at the end of the block. It's very accessible from downtown...a 20 minute walk or a $7.00 cab ride.
Our family of 4 stayed in Marina's house for 5 days, then my husband and kids left and I stayed alone for 2 more. We all felt very safe here and I would highly recommend it.
Even though I've never met Marina, I can tell that she has a generous spirit by the way she communicates, and the home she has made for her family...it's just a nice place to be. Do not hesitate to stay in this comfortable house when visiting Philly!