The Manhattan apartment:
- Apartment is set of the road so SUPPER QUITE as far as NYC street noise goes(almost like you are not in the East village). I can leave the windows open in the spring and autumn without being disturbed by street noise which is great.
- Laundry facilities in the front of the building, drop off or self serve.
- Free wifi throughout apartment
- Hardwood floors throughout apartment
- True two bedroom apt, we are the ENTIRE TOP FLOOR, one bathroom - bathroom is small - it is NYC after all - this is also a pre war building - I chose it because it has character but it is also not the newest - I love it - But some past guests have had a problem with the bathroom - old tub and enameling and small. If you are looking for all marble luxury spacious tub I am not the place for you - but if you are looking for a truly bohemian creative comfortable space you will love it ....
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, gas oven, coffee machine, fridge freezer, etc)
- No cigarette smoking in the apartment, but fine if you want to smoke in the private garden courtyard area outside (shared garden for the three apts in the building). I also have a hookah which you are more than welcome to use.
- Third floor walk up.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art and if I say so myself just has a really cool vibe :)
Please be aware that this is a NYC apt and may not be as quite as big apt's in other cities, by NYC standards the apt is a great space with almost a country vibe, wooden rafters, exposed brick fire place looking out onto trees on both sides. A homely home.
- Fully Furnished bedrooms (Queen-size bed ,Chair, Mirror). In both rooms.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating (gives off odd noises when heating up but keeps you toasty )
- High-speed Wifi
- Large Rooms for NYC (12 ft x 15 ft), has two windows looking out onto trees
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter), bath towels provided
- Visitors guide/s to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
- I am more than happy to make recommendations of some of my favorite places in the neighborhood and city, I am passionate about the east village and NYC.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC.
It is the fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, shopping, yoga studios,coffee shops, live music venues, and gyms. Pretty much anything you could want you can walk to.
If you want to venture out of the east village you will be in walking distance of Thompson Square Park, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, West Village, Bowery, Greenwich Village, Union Square, Gramacy Park, China Town, Little Italy, and Washington Square Park.
You are a few blocks away from N,R,W,L,6,F,V subway lines that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Numerous bus options available.
FILM / MOVIE / PHOTO SHOOTS
The space is available in 12hr day blocks for $450 per day please contact me for availability / booking.
- 30's gay male professional, teacher, originally from South Africa
Really laid back down to earth kinda guy, like my home to be a home.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, book today to secure this great NYC apartment.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$25 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Really good place. The apartment is very nice (we were 4 persons), very good location and quiet. Thank you very much!
Jason's place was everything advertised, and absolutely wonderful. We would stay there again any time.
This is a great apartment and the location is fantastic. Jason is a great host. 3 of us stayed here more than comfortably. Will definitely stay here again if I'm back in NYC.
This was such a great place to stay...the location is fantastic and the space is very large for NYC. There were 4 of us and we were all super comfortable in the apartment. We didn't spend a whole lot of time there, it is NYC after all, but the time we did spend was nice. We got to talk about the artwork on the walls and read his sign in wall. We really enjoyed the experience of our first time on using airbnb. Thanks Jason, we hope to stay again.
This is a unique place with a lot of charm and character. I don't think you can find a better located or more quiet apartment. Just great.
Jason's place was very cool. It's definitely not just an apartment; the vibe becomes part of your trip! Weird/cool art on the walls and interesting book galore. If your friends are super straight-edge or picky, they might prefer a more spartan place, but if you have a sense of adventure and want to stay in a place that's really got some personality, Jason's place can't be beat! We also accidentally broke a light fixture during our stay and Jason was super understanding. Definitely a good experience!
Amazing place & location, great experience. Comfortable, quirky, homely - if these are words that describe your ideal place to stay, this is a great option.
Just spent the weekend at Jason's property. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed. We were two couples in town to celebrate my birthday and were able to walk the entire village from this location, East to West. There were so many fun things to do right outside our door as well including awesome restaurants and bars, it was hard to choose. We felt very at home here and everything we needed was at hand. We loved checking out the artwork and interesting personal touches to this apartment. Highly recommend this place for a fun filled weekend.
Awesome space, great location, Jason is a responsive and gracious host. We had a great stay.
Jason's apartment is set in a good neighbourhood-fairly quiet with lots of restauarants and big enough for our family of 5 if one of us slept on the couch. However, it was NOT clean, the wifi stopped working for 2 days, the bathtub had a constant blockage and the toilet was blocked on and off until the very last day when it completely stopped working and we had to scoop up the dirty water to stop it from overflowing. The radiators were very noisy and together with the party downstairs two nights in a row it kept up as awake quite a bit. I'm afraid we cannot recommend this apartment. You would expect a lot more for that kind of price( 31 000 SEK for 8 nights).
Regards from the Hylta-Bengtsson family from Lund, Sweden
I am sad that Christina did not enjoy her stay. The wifi did go out and I was over that day to look at it for her - the cable company determined they needed to send a technician out and because of New Years Day being a national holiday it took two days to be repaired. Yes unfortunate but beyond my control. She informed me the toilet was blocked - came right away to have a look at it and was working just fine when I was at the apt - I did not hear anything more until this review otherwise I would have addressed it right away. Nosy radiators - yes this is a pre war NYC building that I mention in my description and house Manuel - total normal noise levels for a pre war NYC building. Neighbors throwing a party I am sorry to learn that but once again it is New Years Eve in NYC not the most unreasonable in my opinion. As for the apt not being clean if this had been brought to my attention I could have addressed it with my cleaning company but only leant of it after the fact. I feel that uncontrollable situation coupled with unreasonable expectations sadly led to an unhappy guest.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.