About this listing
The Manhattan apartment:
- Apartment is set of the road so SUPPER QUITE as far as NYC street noise goes(almost like you are not in the East village). I can leave the windows open in the spring and autumn without being disturbed by street noise which is great.
- Laundry facilities in the front of the building, drop off or self serve.
- Free wifi throughout apartment
- Hardwood floors throughout apartment
- True two bedroom apt, we are the ENTIRE TOP FLOOR, one bathroom - bathroom is small - it is NYC after all - this is also a pre war building - I chose it because it has character but it is also not the newest - I love it - But some past guests have had a problem with the bathroom - old tub and enameling and small. If you are looking for all marble luxury spacious tub I am not the place for you - but if you are looking for a truly bohemian creative comfortable space you will love it ....
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, gas oven, coffee machine, fridge freezer, etc)
- No cigarette smoking in the apartment, but fine if you want to smoke in the private garden courtyard area outside (shared garden for the three apts in the building). I also have a hookah which you are more than welcome to use.
- Third floor walk up.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art and if I say so myself just has a really cool vibe :)
Please be aware that this is a NYC apt and may not be as quite as big apt's in other cities, by NYC standards the apt is a great space with almost a country vibe, wooden rafters, exposed brick fire place looking out onto trees on both sides. A homely home.
- Fully Furnished bedrooms (Queen-size bed ,Chair, Mirror). In both rooms.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating (gives off odd noises when heating up but keeps you toasty )
- High-speed Wifi
- Large Rooms for NYC (12 ft x 15 ft), has two windows looking out onto trees
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter), bath towels provided
- Visitors guide/s to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
- I am more than happy to make recommendations of some of my favorite places in the neighborhood and city, I am passionate about the east village and NYC.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC.
It is the fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, shopping, yoga studios,coffee shops, live music venues, and gyms. Pretty much anything you could want you can walk to.
If you want to venture out of the east village you will be in walking distance of Thompson Square Park, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, West Village, Bowery, Greenwich Village, Union Square, Gramacy Park, China Town, Little Italy, and Washington Square Park.
You are a few blocks away from N,R,W,L,6,F,V subway lines that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Numerous bus options available.
FILM / MOVIE / PHOTO SHOOTS
The space is available in 12hr day blocks for $450 per day please contact me for availability / booking.
- 30's gay male professional, teacher, originally from South Africa
Really laid back down to earth kinda guy, like my home to be a home.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, book today to secure this great NYC apartment.
• No smoking. You can smoke in the common garden outside.
• No pets.
• You have full use of kitchen, bathroom, living room and can store your things in the cupboards/fridge.
• If other guests are coming or going on the same day check out from the room is 11 am and check in is 2 pm. I am super flexible with this if no one needs the room it is all yours. We will discuss this when you book. You can still leave your things and use the apartment before or after this time as long as you respect the other guests.
• You are more than welcome to use my spices for cooking but if you take more of my food/drinks please replace with something of similar value.
• Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. There is a pharmacy right across the street should you need or forget anything.
• We have to recycle garbage so put containers of plastic, tin and glass next to the bin under the sink, the trash bins are clearly marked and to the right when you exit the building out onto the street.
• Most importantly, I want my guests to feel at home!
I am here if you have any questions please just ask.
Seen less art in an art gallery, can't imagine many more interesting places in nyc than this. Fab location
Wanted an East Village experience with my 19 year old son and 17 year old daughter and Jason's place, with its bohemian vibe, was perfect. Great location and neighborhood with easy subway access. Quiet street with many sites and restaurants nearby. We had an unexpected delay in our departure and Jason was very accommodating in letting us stash our bags. Highly recommend.
Jason was great and made my trip super smooth. The decor was interesting and we loved the location!
Jason's place was great, the listing was very accurate. We arrived late but the lockbox checkin made that no problem and Jason's friend helped us get in when we had trouble even at the late hour. Jason had very clear directions to guests so everything was easy to figure out. Super happy with Jason and his place.
Had some issues getting in as the key doesn't seem to work well. Otherwise, as advertised.
Had a great stay at Jason's place. The neighborhood is fantastic, of course; tons of options to eat and drink all within a block or two. But despite the great scene all around, Jason's apartment is super quiet - loved this about it.
The space is just as you see in the photos. It's charmingly scruffy - really fun, really comfy and roomy. Everything about the booking was a snap: great communication, clear directions, etc. Jason made it super easy - highly recommend!
Jason was a fantastic host in an even better location. During our stay, we had everything we possibly could have had. Even better was the cool artsy vibe put out with the apartment's decor. I'd highly recommend this listing to anyone.
This host has 594 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jason
- I am a laid back south African, professionally a teacher, been between NYC and FL for the last twelve years.
Really like my home to be a home and want you to feel as comfortable as possible here to.
Other than that love to go on adventures and travel, create art, drink good wine, eat good food, be in nature.