The Manhattan apartment:
- Apartment is set of the road so SUPPER QUITE as far as NYC street noise goes(almost like you are not in the East village). I can leave the windows open in the spring and autumn without being disturbed by street noise which is great.
- Laundry facilities in the front of the building, drop off or self serve.
- Free wifi throughout apartment
- Hardwood floors throughout apartment
- True two bedroom apt, we are the ENTIRE TOP FLOOR, one bathroom - bathroom is small - it is NYC after all - this is also a pre war building - I chose it because it has character but it is also not the newest - I love it - But some past guests have had a problem with the bathroom - old tub and enameling and small. If you are looking for all marble luxury spacious tub I am not the place for you - but if you are looking for a truly bohemian creative comfortable space you will love it ....
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, gas oven, coffee machine, fridge freezer, etc)
- No cigarette smoking in the apartment, but fine if you want to smoke in the private garden courtyard area outside (shared garden for the three apts in the building). I also have a hookah which you are more than welcome to use.
- Third floor walk up.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art and if I say so myself just has a really cool vibe :)
Please be aware that this is a NYC apt and may not be as quite as big apt's in other cities, by NYC standards the apt is a great space with almost a country vibe, wooden rafters, exposed brick fire place looking out onto trees on both sides. A homely home.
- Fully Furnished bedrooms (Queen-size bed ,Chair, Mirror). In both rooms.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating (gives off odd noises when heating up but keeps you toasty )
- High-speed Wifi
- Large Rooms for NYC (12 ft x 15 ft), has two windows looking out onto trees
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter), bath towels provided
- Visitors guide/s to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
- I am more than happy to make recommendations of some of my favorite places in the neighborhood and city, I am passionate about the east village and NYC.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC.
It is the fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, shopping, yoga studios,coffee shops, live music venues, and gyms. Pretty much anything you could want you can walk to.
If you want to venture out of the east village you will be in walking distance of Thompson Square Park, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, West Village, Bowery, Greenwich Village, Union Square, Gramacy Park, China Town, Little Italy, and Washington Square Park.
You are a few blocks away from N,R,W,L,6,F,V subway lines that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Numerous bus options available.
FILM / MOVIE / PHOTO SHOOTS
The space is available in 12hr day blocks for $450 per day please contact me for availability / booking.
- 30's gay male professional, teacher, originally from South Africa
Really laid back down to earth kinda guy, like my home to be a home.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, book today to secure this great NYC apartment.
• No smoking. You can smoke in the common garden outside.
• No pets.
• You have full use of kitchen, bathroom, living room and can store your things in the cupboards/fridge.
• If other guests are coming or going on the same day check out from the room is 11 am and check in is 2 pm. I am super flexible with this if no one needs the room it is all yours. We will discuss this when you book. You can still leave your things and use the apartment before or after this time as long as you respect the other guests.
• You are more than welcome to use my spices for cooking but if you take more of my food/drinks please replace with something of similar value.
• Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. There is a pharmacy right across the street should you need or forget anything.
• We have to recycle garbage so put containers of plastic, tin and glass next to the bin under the sink, the trash bins are clearly marked and to the right when you exit the building out onto the street.
• Most importantly, I want my guests to feel at home!
I am here if you have any questions please just ask.
Not a bad place to stay, if you are no fewer than a party of two. Decoration is quite special, the entire apt filled with African arts.
Great apartment, great location! The apartment is spacious, well-appointed and pretty much exactly as described.
Jason's place was certainly unique feeling, and had tons of room for an NYC apartment. Everything was just as described. Great value for the price!
Staying here was exactly what we were after for our time in NY. The place is cosy and has lots of character and quirks. The location is great and only a 5 min walk from the subway. Jason was easy and helpful to communicate with and on top of that was a complete legend and invited us to his party!
We were three friends staying at Jason's apartment for 4 nights. The neighborhood and location was great. The apartment is smaller and a little more shabby than in the pictures, but we enjoyed our stay. When we arrived the apartment had not been cleaned after the previous guests. Jason sorted this out very quickly and was very flexible in terms of late check in and check out.
The place was as advertised, but just a little older than we expected. The bath tub had some draining issues and water built up for a little while.
The bed in the biggest bedroom was not really a bed but more of s mattress pad or very thin futon mattress. On top of cardboard, this made it very firm.
The hookah was the best perk we could ask for so we are highly appreciative of that. Not having a TV was a little bit of a bummer but probably for the best anyway
This host has 470 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
- I am a laid back south African, professionally a teacher, been between NYC and FL for the last twelve years.
Really like my home to be a home and want you to feel as comfortable as possible here to.
Other than that love to go on adventures and travel, create art, drink good wine, eat good food, be in nature.